Trade, FA, Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Some people are acting like Stastny is an old man with a cane. It's frustrating. Had 29 points in 56 games. Armia had 14 points in 41 games. Stastny's advanced stats are not too shabby either. Yes he is not as fast as before, but he can still contribute in a top 6 role and not look out of place.. His first half last season was really good . Had injuries later in the year which I think is causing people to over state his "slowing down"
Armia also signed for .5 mil less and is great on Pk.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ok so we sign him to turn around and trade him?

Most of the people praising Stastny are doing so for:

Resigning here at the cost/term of his contract

Helping others to come here

Good in the room

Still can contribute in the top 6/9 role

Now if we are all saying those things, does that translate to us wanting to give him the Conn Smythe and Knighting him as a ear whisperer magician?"

I think your overstating the praise we give him. It's credit where credit is due.

Trade him???

Why?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I remember Chevy trying to land Brandon pirri a couple years ago... wonder if he circles back to him

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Some rumours that CBJ are trying to trade Domi. I don't know what his issues were in CBJ, but he was useful with the Habs.

What about...

CBJ: Copp
WPG: Domi (25% retained) + 2021 2nd

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 25 percent retained means we pay Domi 6 million. If we won't pay Copp 5, why would we give Domi 6?

Maybe 50 percent retained makes sense

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 25 percent retained means we pay Domi 6 million. If we won't pay Copp 5, why would we give Domi 6?

Maybe 50 percent retained makes sense
25% retained would bring the cap hit below 4M, and the actual salary to 4.5M.

That would give the Jets cap space to sign Pionk long term, I think.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
25% retained would bring the cap hit below 4M, and the actual salary to 4.5M.

That would give the Jets cap space to sign Pionk long term, I think.

Ok stand corrected then. But it looks like he will be out until January. Not sure I would want a black hole in his roster spot for that long. Playoff positioning could potentially be lost in that time.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Some rumours that CBJ are trying to trade Domi. I don't know what his issues were in CBJ, but he was useful with the Habs.

What about...

CBJ: Copp
WPG: Domi (25% retained) + 2021 2nd

I’d strongly consider this and if Domi is out until Dec/Jan wouldn’t he also be eligible to been put on LTIR , allowing the Jets flexibility to sign a placeholder to fill his roster spot?

If he walks as a UFA at the end of the year at least we recouped what should be a higher 2nd than what we traded to Washington.

Last edited:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Will arbitration look at some of the recent $9 million dmen deals for comparables for Pionk. I suspect we may be in for sticker shock.

They don’t compare UFA years to RFA years which is what they are deciding. I suppose if Pionk’s reps wanted to compare him to Makar and Heiskanen they could try.

Reactions: Mathil8

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
He doesn't get enough credit for his on ice performance either. He's essentially been a Swiss Army knife like Perrault and you just aren't putting up a ton of points in that role. He plays mistake free hockey......much like Copp.
Yeah I think Stasny is underrated because he's not flashy and his production has waned. He's one of the types of players a champion has in their lineup.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Yeah I think Stasny is underrated because he's not flashy and his production has waned. He's one of the types of players a champion has in their lineup.
Yes, but I also think you would see the production return if he had a consistent position and linemates.

Reactions: Jet

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
My desire to see Domi on the back of Jets sweater again is pretty high. I just don’t know if I should buy a retro Tie, or hope for Max.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
One of the upsides to Stastny is that he's such a smart player and he's usually in the right position so he can get away with slowing down a half a step

He's also respected in the room and maybe helps out the young players and we will have several still. Stan. Ville. Gus. Hark. Ves. Samberg. Perfetti. All guys who realistically will see nhl minutes. Kovacevic. Stastny seems like a good sort of middle man between the vets and the kids. Honestly wouldn't shock me to see Stastny as part of true north in the future. Screams coach to me. If he wants it... but yeah...dude brings lots off the ice also

Reactions: Cypruss and Buffdog

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Domi? I guess if it's pay copp 5 or trade him then I suppose I'd probably do that deal if cbj retains but it probably wouldn't be my first or ideal option. That one is in Vancouver now..

I wonder if Konecny wouldn't fit better.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
I think you are missing what is actually happening on the ground. Stastny is working with the organization to assemble a truly competitive team. This is a good thing.
Not missing anything…. I am simply saying we would upgrade Stats in a heartbeat for a better player or equal that is cheaper. I get the intangibles, One could argue, we paid Wheeler a lot for his leadership and off ice work ethics to lead the young too

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I’d do Domi for Copp. I could be wrong, but with his injury, couldn’t he be used in the same way how Tampa used Kucherov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad