Trade, FA, Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Short deal for Copp please. Nobody knows whether last years production will be matched or ever improved on.

Would be great for Lowrie to exceed his personal best of 15 goals with Copp on his wing. Wouldnt rule that out from happening.
his additional production was basically all PP driven. 12 pp pts, shooting 26% on the PP. He and Ehlers were running show on PP2. Will that happen year-in year-out :dunno:

I wonder what a Copp+Samberg package would nab? if we could get a young RFA Top-6 Fwd id entertain that too...... but cap becomes an issue ofc.

Reactions: ocdaddy

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
And like I said last summer when I had to defend that KVes won’t be a bust, he will continue to surprise some people. He will look great on that line and kid can finish.
I was on the fence with Vesalainen prior to last season, but have to agree with you. I was impressed with the kid’s compete level, and I think he has more potential than many think. He could be a big boost to the middle 6 quickly

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Thing I dont get is, if we were going to trade Copp for a 2nd rounder, or a lesser grinder... why not just protect Appleton and leave Copp to Seattle?

To me keeping Copp in the expansion draft means Chevy wants to get a deal done. And if not, he is comfortable losing him and gaining back the cap space.

I really dont think we are trading him.

We saw lots of rumours that Chevy was gauging the value of Copp & Appleton via trade pre XD……in the end he protected the guy who seemed to have more value based on those discussions it would seem. Priority is likely to sign Copp and if that doesn’t work bc Copp wants to much then trade him away. Win win

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
if domi is the trade option: he's a year away from ufa, would rather just keep copp for the year since that's the case. think copp is a more versatile player able to play both C and W very well, better defensively, and showed some good PP numbers last year. Domi is better offensively though.

imo - if copp wants 5m i think you move on at that price. trade him for the best package of picks or prospects available. im bias - but am a big tatar fan esp back to the Wings days. i think as a top-9 fwd he can replace what perreault did for us in terms of being a possession-god out there, as well as high proficiency of 5v5 offense. his value is likely low since he had a poor finish to his tenure in MTL and i doubt he's getting lucrative offers from other teams. he might settle for a 1-2 year deal at 2-3m or something like that.

in terms of 5v5 offense over the past 3 years, tatar ranks 22nd in the nhl in total points, only Jet ahead of him is Scheifele. in terms of efficiency (pts/60) he's 19th over the same time-frame. could be a good "buy-low" guy that can slot in your middle-6.
looks like tatar to njd :thumbd:

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Copp will get paid in UFA regardless. It might not be Danault money, but it's guaranteed to be a lot more than Chevy is offering long-term. He holds the cards here.

Not if doesn’t play the powerplay next season. He might get 30-35 EV points. That’s not getting him an expensive long term deal in UFA.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
And how were we going to afford his contract?

Obviously, PLD was injured last season, so he can be put on LTIR until he's fully healed, which by coincidence will be right before the playoffs start :sarcasm:

Or is Tampa the only team that can do that?

Reactions: snowkiddin

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Teams can accept arbitration and then trade the player, right?

If the arbitration number pushes them over the cap, what are the options?

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Teams can accept arbitration and then trade the player, right?

If the arbitration number pushes them over the cap, what are the options?
I believe teams that go to arbitration are given a 2nd buyout period?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
With the crazy D prices this off season, it's nice to see Pelech's deal. He doesn't have the point totals though that usually drive up contracts, but it would be nice to be able to use his to bring down the insanity of some of the other recent ones in the Pionk negotiation.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Player elected Arbitration Settlements of 1 year and greater than $4,538,958, Club can walk away from the awarded salary, making the player a UFA

Player elected Arbitration Settlements of 2 years and greater than $4,538,958, Club can walk away from the second (2nd) year of the awarded salary, making the player a UFA at the end of year 1.

Arbitration Filings - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad