Trade, FA, Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
To get this started, here's some somewhat realistic targets I'd love to see Chevy sign/trade for:

Murphy
Miller
Montour
Savard

All RHD with experience playing top4 or top pairing minutes. All huge upgrades on poolman.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
If we’re talking realistic, Dillon, Goligoski, M. Pettersson, McCabe to replace Forbort who Friedman has linked to Boston

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
If we’re talking realistic, Dillon, Goligoski, M. Pettersson, McCabe to replace Forbort who Friedman has linked to Boston

Just a caveat he isn't so much linking these players as much as just guessing where they might end up. I don't think there's much of anything concrete there because teams can't talk to UFAs yet.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Just a caveat he isn't so much linking these players as much as just guessing where they might end up. I don't think there's much of anything concrete there because teams can't talk to UFAs yet.
that won't stop them

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
that won't stop them

No it won't stop them but I don't think his list of guesses is based on some kind of major insider knowledge. One example is he guesses Palmieri stays in NY because other teams aren't talking about him.

I doubt there's much of anything "linking" Forbort to Boston. That's not to say he's not going the FA route or anything but Friedman isn't breaking any news here.

He also doesn't list the Jets at all in his free agent or trade guesses.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
No it won't stop them but I don't think his list of guesses is based on some kind of major insider knowledge. One example is he guesses Palmieri stays in NY because other teams aren't talking about him.

I doubt there's much of anything "linking" Forbort to Boston. That's not to say he's not going the FA route or anything but Friedman isn't breaking any news here.

He also doesn't list the Jets at all in his free agent or trade guesses.
I agree that it's probably guesses on most, just not with it being because agents "can't" talk with the ufas. alot of his info could be from agents trying to drive the price up and create a bidding war

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I agree that it's probably guesses on most, just not with it being because agents "can't" talk with the ufas. alot of his info could be from agents trying to drive the price up and create a bidding war

Maybe, but I feel the GMs are connected enough and familiar enough with the media to not buy into random guesses in a Sunday article as agents trying to drive up the price.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Would Morrissey and a medium add get Werenski? Change of scenery for both guys.
Well we do know that there are NHL GMs that have no ability to properly judge talent. And if Jones and Risto can get what they got, who knows!

I'd prefer Morrissey for Pulock with a small add though.

Reactions: Channelcat

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Well we do know that there are NHL GMs that have no ability to properly judge talent. And if Jones and Risto can get what they got, who knows!

I'd prefer Morrissey for Pulock with a small add though.
Id be in on that if we got some sort of extension assurance

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah why does Columbus make the trade at this point. They likely try to reup Zach first before entertaining the option to move him.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I don't see the benefit for Columbus then, as Werenski was their best D even with Jones there and I don't think either player needs a change of scenery.
We're just operating on assumptions here and my proposal would hinge on the rumours of ZW wanting out. Otherwise it's a no brainer for them to keep him

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Personally I can’t see us landing a big fish #1 or #2D via FA or trade……cost to get either via FA or trade is just too prohibitive (cap wise and/or asset wise to acquire).

I think Chevy will make one move to bring in one decent top 4 D and depend on internal growth of Stanley, Heinola and Samberg to fill out the rest of our needs. I think Stanley will now be a full time member of the roster and either Heinola or Samberg will get a serious look next year on the roster, likely on the bottom pairing but that could change with outstanding play.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Personally I can’t see us landing a big fish #1 or #2D via FA or trade……cost to get either via FA or trade is just too prohibitive (cap wise and/or asset wise to acquire).

I think Chevy will make one move to bring in one decent top 4 D and depend on internal growth of Stanley, Heinola and Samberg to fill out the rest of our needs. I think Stanley will now be a full time member of the roster and either Heinola or Samberg will get a serious look next year on the roster, likely on the bottom pairing but that could change with outstanding play.

That is what I see happening as well.

I think Chevy is fine with having a mini youth movement year this season with Heinola/Perfetti/Ves/Gus likely all getting a chance to stick.

The major question is if Maurice is onboard with this. Chevy may need to pick up the option early on his contract to get him to commit.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

That is exactly what will happen. But, a guy can dream.

Also. Samberg is really good.

Reactions: Hunter368

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
It's looking grim for our #1 RHD, another year of not going for it. Chicago ruined things by massively overpaying for Jones from CBJ, then giving him that enormous contract. The huge price paid for Ristolainen definitely hurt, too. Value-driven Chevy won't give that kind of trade value or hand out a $9m contract, but someone else definitely will. Schmidt is probably staying put in Vancouver, too. If Savard goes to Montreal, we're pretty much out of viable options to make our blueline a contender. What are the trade deadline rental choices this year?

I'm 100% ok with Forbort going to Boston, and 100% ok with sending Benn to another planet. I really don't want to re-sign either, but I can see Chevy giving one of them a contract when everything else fails.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

I think Chevy is fine with having a mini youth movement year this season with Heinola/Perfetti/Ves/Gus likely all getting a chance to stick.

The major question is if Maurice is onboard with this. Chevy may need to pick up the option early on his contract to get him to commit.

Yeh the PMO playing kids debate is legit…..that being said he did play Stanley and previously Chevy took Heinola away from PMO and PMO stated publicly he really liked him and sounded like wanted to keep him. But I totally get your point/concern and share it. Years ago now Chevy forced a youth movement on PMO, so hopefully we see another small one with 2-3 guys between forwards & D.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

Probably better to not pick up the option early. Then Mo will be more in tune with what the boss is saying if he doesn't have job security.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

I would prefer Chevy to be more cutthroat. Maurice doesn’t wanna play by the rules? See ya, bye! He’s been far too mediocre of a coach to justify picking up an early option for his contract just so he’ll commit to our philosophy.

Reactions: schmockeyknife

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeh the PMO playing kids debate is legit…..that being said he did play Stanley and previously Chevy took Heinola away from PMO and PMO stated publicly he really liked him and sounded like wanted to keep him. But I totally get your point/concern and share it. Years ago now Chevy forced a youth movement on PMO, so hopefully we see another small one with 2-3 guys between forwards & D.

He did play Stanley but really only after injuries forced his hand. Stanley clearly impressed enough and has won a spot going into next season.

Same can likely be said about Ves who only got in as an injury replacement but seems to have earned Moe's trust.

That is fine and all for maybe the non blue chip prospects that have to integrate themselves in a depth spot but it seems to me there was a disconnect on Heinola last year. I think Chevy clearly wanted him in and Moe wasn't interested in playing him.

Imo ever since we entered win now mode I've had more and more issues with Moe's coaching. He's gone back to defaulting to poor vets and only giving opportunities when injuries force his hand.

So yeah I am a bit concerned on if he will be willing to integrate Perfetti and Ville next season. The other prospects outside of Ves and Stanley who already look to have earned spots will get injury auditions which is fine.

Reactions: snowkiddin

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I would prefer Chevy to be more cutthroat. Maurice doesn’t wanna play by the rules? See ya, bye! He’s been far too mediocre of a coach to justify picking up an early option for his contract just so he’ll commit to our philosophy.

I fully agree with this bit I feel Maurice has too much pull in the org due to being buddies with the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad