Trade, FA & Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Tyler Myers still playing like Myers in Van. The people that are saying they want him back should watch him play and remind themselves of what a liability he is in his own zone. Four more years at 6m per year.

Yeah, Pionk is better, Demelo is better. Myers would probably still be our #3 RHD but the highest paid if we had kept him. Maybe we should be thanking Buff for waiting to retire...

Myers is not a guy who will age gracefully either. Already loads of joint injuries.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Man if Copp can produce like a top 6 fwd that'll be such a boon. Can allocate our cap more to bringing a top pair rd

Next year top 9, I hope...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Copp-Dubois-Ehlers
Harkins-Perfetti-vesalainen

If Ves tears it up, can swap him and Copp. I think Copp would be a very good line mate for a young perfetti.

I hope we move on from Lowry, depending on thr cost. It's Not that I think he's bad, but it's a UFA contract for a player that plays heavy physical mins that hasn't exactly been a pillar of health through his career.

Reactions: jhdfeidgebrjdfdiufu

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Man if Copp can produce like a top 6 fwd that'll be such a boon. Can allocate our cap more to bringing a top pair rd

Next year top 9, I hope...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Copp-Dubois-Ehlers
Harkins-Perfetti-vesalainen

If Ves tears it up, can swap him and Copp. I think Copp would be a very good line mate for a young perfetti.

I hope we move on from Lowry, depending on thr cost. It's Not that I think he's bad, but it's a UFA contract for a player that plays heavy physical mins that hasn't exactly been a pillar of health through his career.

I think bringing the Dad is a strategy to keep Lowry. He is love by Maurice.
Its a strategy thats been use by the management few different times.

I would still like to keep Lowry but as youve mentioned shouldnt be at a high cost.
As he should be a 4th liner here.
Copp is just a better center.

But Copp is another guy that is looking for top 6 opportunity. He had some say on on his last arbitration. If he doesnt see he can get a top 6 eegular duty here , he might go UFA also.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
We will have Perrault $$ to sign Lowry - he’s not going anywhere - he’s not going to command more than 3-3.5m on the open market

Copp is the wild card - if he has a big year on the second line arbitration could bump him up beyond our cap plan

Reactions: kanadalainen

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Assuming Heinola & Samberg develop as expected, I'm not sure there is any big holes in our roster anymore.......one might say a top 6 RW but I don't think we should spend more big cap money on wingers.......we have a few developing into none stars who can step up with cheap cap........very happy with the roster moving forward with good balance throughout.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Assuming Heinola & Samberg develop as expected, I'm not sure there is any big holes in our roster anymore.......one might say a top 6 RW but I don't think we should spend more big cap money on wingers.......we have a few developing into none stars who can step up with cheap cap........very happy with the roster moving forward with good balance throughout.
Almost everyone is a lefty though. I'm not sure how much it matters.

Schief, Wheeler, Harkins, de Melo and Pionk are the only right handed shots on the team moving forward. And I guess poolman if he's still in the top 6 after Heinola, Samberg and Stanley are integrated.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Almost everyone is a lefty though. I'm not sure how much it matters.

Schief, Wheeler, Harkins, de Melo and Pionk are the only right handed shots on the team moving forward. And I guess poolman if he's still in the top 6 after Heinola, Samberg and Stanley are integrated.
Apples Lewis

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Really really hoping that Carolina don’t have the money/term in their plans to lock Hamilton long term. With Perreault and Stastny’s cap coming off the books this year we should be able to make a sizable offer (8.5 x 7?) that other teams wouldn’t be able to. If we landed him, I think this lineup has enough punch to win us a cup. Assuming Appleton gets taken in the XD.

81-55-26
Perfetti-13-27
12-9-93
19-17-23

44-Hamilton
14-2
Samberg-4

I have no problems with your selections BUT #64 needs to be in there. If Stanley gets a chance to grow into a full time role with the team he's a significant opportunity for a big win! He could be the answer to so many of our lack of toughness and that BIG tough Dman you need for the Playoffs.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan

Looking for the biggest hole in the roster, I would be concerned about Morrissey and the state of the Jets #1 pair of defensemen.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
We needed a heavy shot RHD when the PP was built around Laine... now I am assuming it’s not and that beer is reduced

PLD is also a power forward and brings the size and grit Pomo loves... IF he plays hungry and if we actually get him a shooter - this is a nicely built playoff team suddenly

edit: I love how autocorrect changed need to beer. Thank you universe - just what I had in mind...

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Yeah, Pionk is better, Demelo is better. Myers would probably still be our #3 RHD but the highest paid if we had kept him. Maybe we should be thanking Buff for waiting to retire...

Myers is not a guy who will age gracefully either. Already loads of joint injuries.
Pionk is basically a shorter, weaker Myers with a worse shot and a better breakout pass. I want to see Pionk get the role that Myers had in Winnipeg, being sheltered a bit on the third pairing. Neither excels in the top 4.

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Next year...
Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Copp-Dubois-Ehlers
Perfetti-Stastny(4.25m)-Palmieri(4.5m)
Harkins-Lowry-Apples
Gus/KV

JMo DD
Slamberg Heinola
Stanley Poolman
Boolow

Helle LB

Well below the cap.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Pionk is basically a shorter, weaker Myers with a worse shot and a better breakout pass. I want to see Pionk get the role that Myers had in Winnipeg, being sheltered a bit on the third pairing. Neither excels in the top 4.

Agreed. Pionk also noticeably struggles with more minutes beyond the matchups.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’m really not sure why so many people are rushing to send Pionk out the door. This team still needs defense and he’s our clear #2 right now. He’s young and we’ll have the cap to sign him. Samberg and Heinola look good, but let’s not count our chicks before they hatch.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
If we can lock up PLD long-term at $7-8 that gives us our two number one Cs combined for $13-14 million. Compare that to teams like Toronto and Edmonton who have their top Cs locked up for $22 and $21 million. This extra $8-9 million gives us money to take a run at a top RHD in UFA should one come available, like Hamilton this year or Seth Jones next year.

That makes us a perennial Cup contender IMO.

Tomorrow I’ll play with the salaries and see what I can make fit.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
If we can lock up PLD long-term at $7-8 that gives us our two number one Cs combined for $13-14 million. Compare that to teams like Toronto and Edmonton who have their top Cs locked up for $22 and $21 million. This extra $8-9 million gives us money to take a run at a top RHD in UFA should one come available, like Hamilton this year or Seth Jones next year.

That makes us a perennial Cup contender IMO.

Tomorrow I’ll play with the salaries and see what I can make fit.
Would go after Hamilton as I don't see jones being a good fit anymore

Reactions: BatVader
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad