Trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I'd want a young potential franchise player for Saros, a player that the other team does not want to give up. Matt Beniers, Moritz Seider, Owen Power type player. Or an unprotected 1st from a bottom 3-5 team.
No Nick Robertsons or late 1sts.
I don’t think any of those players mentioned would be offered because they are already in the nhl. Would you do a trade if the kings put byfeild in a proposal?

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I think that tells you how unlikely a Saros deal would be.
He holds more value after next year, when he's on an expiring deal. If Askarov is ready to take over, we could get a hoard of picks/prospects for him if his play stays consistent and even retain for the remainder of the year. That's when we should think of trading him. Nobody will take him right now with their cap situations, honestly.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I'm definitely on board with the deal, but I think Granlund gets a little undervalued around here. It wasn't his fault Hynes treated him as the Second Coming of Christ, when he clearly didn't have what it takes for that role. If he would've deployed Granny as a middle-six winger that he was, people would view him bit differently.

All the best to Granny to PIT. I think you were a good soldier for us for many years and got a lot of undeserved hate for that Fiala trade. But for us, it was time to move on.
I kind of agree with this. He was more of a setup guy then the go-to guy. Having Crosby and/or Malkin to pass to may make him pretty valuable, especially on their PP.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
He holds more value after next year, when he's on an expiring deal. If Askarov is ready to take over, we could get a hoard of picks/prospects for him if his play stays consistent and even retain for the remainder of the year. That's when we should think of trading him. Nobody will take him right now with their cap situations, honestly.
I would think a team with a struggling goalie would value saros more now. If they are in the playoff picture and their current goalie isnt great, it gives them 3 playoff runs with saros (2 more seasons under contract after this one).

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I disagree I think he holds more value now because of his sweet contract for 2 more years after this one

Byfield is definitely that caliber prospect. Byfield or Clarke would be the ask from the Kings if it were up to me.
If i was the kings I’d offer him for saros. There goalie play has been horrible and getting saros would definitely make them a contender

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
One thing to consider for the next couple of years. Having a great goalie or a stand-in may not matter much relative to wins/losses. It could be pretty brutal for awhile. Rebuilds sound exciting but look out. But here we are. Rebuilding is here.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think they’ll pick up some spare depth defenseman. Whoever is available at something of a bargain (ie less than a 3rd round pick). Like when they grabbed Gudbranson.

Some strapping vet who could replace Fabbro if Fabbro continues to be Fabbro in Hynes’ eyes. I haven’t scanned the list of available impending UFAs… guys like Gudas and Kulikov are probably a notch better/pricier than what I’m thinking of…somebody a little worse than them for a 4th-6th round pick.

That is all.
From Page 1. Nailed it. :sarcasm:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I have a feeling Poile is getting a lot of calls about Saros. If he gets moved, I’m sure the return will be stupid.

Agreed but I'm at a point of adding 2024 picks, moving 2023's up, and moving contracts. Moves I would expect:

Saros for something stupid like Toronto coming in offering all the picks they have for the next 3 yrs and Knies. Or Montreal wanting to speed up their rebuild and offering their 2 2023 picks.

Duchene to Carolina for Kotkeniemi and a pick.

Sissons?

A defenseman or 2. But, there is a defenseman glut in the market.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Just an observation, not what I would do.

Phillip Myers buried cap is EXACTLY what the Preds would have to eat or take on to trade McD to TB. TB has 82% of the cap needed to bring back McD.

Myers and picks in 2024 and 2025 for McD?

Ok says Toronto interested in Lankinen. That's a no brainers. Take the pick and then sign him again this summer
OK?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I don’t want to trade McD at this point. I’m convinced the plan isn’t to completely implode the franchise and he will be a great mentor. This is really looking like a master class in adjusting where it makes sense while also restocking the future and opening cap for stop gap needs.

I really believe this team is still just as competitively set to make the playoffs next season as they were this season and that’s before leveraging the cap space.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I don’t want to trade McD at this point. I’m convinced the plan isn’t to completely implode the franchise and he will be a great mentor. This is really looking like a master class in adjusting where it makes sense while also restocking the future and opening cap for stop gap needs.

I really believe this team is still just as competitively set to make the playoffs next season as they were this season and that’s before leveraging the cap space.

Yeah, the Ekholm trade clears the log jam at LHD, Josi and McD are still a respectable top four.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Blues fan here. I like the Preds.

I think y'all have had a terrific deadline, just like the Blues. Maybe better. Your retool/re-whatever should be fairly quick.

Ten picks in the first four rounds!! Wow! Probably going to package some of those for established players or a young NHL-ready up and comer.

Anyway.....best of luck.....pissing off now.....lol

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Blues fan here. I like the Preds.

I think y'all have had a terrific deadline, just like the Blues. Maybe better. Your retool/re-whatever should be fairly quick.

Ten picks in the first four rounds!! Wow! Probably going to package some of those for established players or a young NHL-ready up and comer.

Anyway.....best of luck.....pissing off now.....lol

Thanks for the sentiment although I've got to say a Blues fan seemingly based in Chicago from your username that also likes the Preds is a weird combo.

I will say I lived in St. Louis for a while so it's a rivalry I always enjoyed. Wouldn't mind having us both bounce back again quickly especially if the Hawks stay in the basement,

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I wonder if poile and ownership have considered becoming a cap holder to facilitate deadline trades. I feel like as deadline approached and teams become more desperate we may be able to accrue some picks

Reactions: LCPreds

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Finally cleaned up my Predators spreadsheet; Preds spread for short. Stats will be updated after the deadline.

Now, blow it up front office.

1677780627685.png

Reactions: Soundgarden

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
It does feel like a pretty crazy arms race this year. With each punch and counter punch the desperation likely intensifies. I’m not convinced we’re done. And it isn’t even necessarily because they’re looking to move more pieces. Someone might just come with an offer we can’t refuse.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Thanks for the sentiment although I've got to say a Blues fan seemingly based in Chicago from your username that also likes the Preds is a weird combo.

I will say I lived in St. Louis for a while so it's a rivalry I always enjoyed. Wouldn't mind having us both bounce back again quickly especially if the Hawks stay in the basement,
Kinda interesting how both teams sort of peaked and now need to retool. Preds and Blues will improve along a similar timeline and it should be a good, heated rivalry.

Hawks booooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad