GDT: Trade Deadline!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I dont really put this on Morrison. Biggs went more or less where he was supposed to in the draft. I think this goes on the player, in that he just stopped development once he hit a pro league.

The selection doesn't bother me as much as trading up to get him did, personally.

But let's move on.

Wonder if we'll see anything today or if it will be a quiet day leading into tomorrow.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Thats true.

Anyways, how about Kadri for Brodin (with additions as needed) in Minny?

I'm 100% fine with that. Brodin's been subject to serious debate here... MIN fans seem to place him as a 2nd pairing guy. Inconsistency mostly from what I can read. Wasn't fully capable of playing with Suter on the 1st pairing... incredible skater and when he's on he's legit from what I can read, but again, inconsistent. I'd definitely entertain a Kadri for Brodin swap, but I'd be looking to get them to add either Eriksson-Ek or Alex Tuch.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
A Kadri for Brodin swap makes more sense in the off-season around the draft, where the Leafs will know where they pick in the draft and have a better indication if Stammer is heading for UFA.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
A Kadri for Brodin swap makes more sense in the off-season around the draft, where the Leafs will know where they pick in the draft and have a better indication if Stammer is heading for UFA.

I think GM's have a more level head in the summer though, and the return might not be as good for Kadri.

I don't think Stamkos should be part of the discussion.

One of Bozak or Kadri to insulate the kids, and perhaps a rental center for depth.

Reading the Wild don't have many picks this year, perhaps Leafs could help out their cause by adding a pick or two to Kadri and expand the trade?

Wild are not a rebuilding team, so maybe a NHL ready Kadri would fit in more than one of their uncooked top end prospects?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

It might make more sense for the Wild now as they are 4 points out of the wild card spot and Brodin is out with a broken foot.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

The wild are looking for scoring and may give up a little more in a swap at the deadline and as Ulf indicated, maybe we can pry EK out of them too, in an expanded deal.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Because they're trading Brodin, not Dumba. Your narrative just doesn't match reality here.

so what would happen if Minnesota dont change anything, dont make playoffs as I doubt they will and Dumba negotiations come up?

they have about 65M on 14 players for next year so...7M$ for 9 players?? You don't think GM think about this stuff?? in reality?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Because they're trading Brodin, not Dumba. Your narrative just doesn't match reality here.

Brodin for Kadri would be an excellent trade for us. 3 years younger, he can play top 2, be a partner for Rielly and is on a good long term contract. 4.1 million cap hit until 2021.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
so what would happen if Minnesota dont change anything, dont make playoffs as I doubt they will and Dumba negotiations come up?

they have about 65M on 14 players for next year so...7M$ for 9 players?? You don't think GM think about this stuff?? in reality?

They trade Brodin and re-sign Dumba. In what world does it make more sense for them to trade their younger, more cost-controlled D with higher upside? I'm sorry if this is hard to understand, I can't really see why it would be.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Kadri is a rental, that can either be re-signed or traded in the off season, he is an RFA, so they still have options, without losing the player and can decide at that time, they are in a win now situation and could use his firepower for a push to the playoffs.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
They trade Brodin and re-sign Dumba. In what world does it make more sense for them to trade their younger, more cost-controlled D with higher upside? I'm sorry if this is hard to understand, I can't really see why it would be.

Dumba is a year younger lol

OK fair enough..I was just curious how Dumba was so unavailable

Us Leafs fans will take any young player with good potential, specially Dmen and Brodin is already locked up on a very good contract so well happily take him off your hands lol, we dont need more offensive top 4 guys anyways...With Minnesotas cap isses maybe we can even keep KAdri and trade something else lol thats the reality of the situation in the summer

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad