Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Forsling isn't enough value to offload Seabrook. It would have to be our 1st+Mitchell/Jokiharju
Plus Seabrook won't waive his NMC
Also who would want a 6.875M #5-6 defenseman?

Who would be interested in Seabrook? Is there some billionaire out there that is looking for an expensive anchor for his yacht?

as I said fellas, if you can (as I said) unload 7 and I would for sure give up forsling + as I said; what the + is who knows but I would agree to someone like Hayden or Perlini for sure

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
as I said fellas, if you can (as I said) unload 7 and I would for sure give up forsling + as I said; what the + is who knows but I would agree to someone like Hayden or Perlini for sure
Anyone would laugh at you. It would take either Joki, Boqvist or Mitchell at the very least, if not Strome or DeBrincat to get someone to take KFCeabs.
He's either going to get compliance bought out or he's going to be a Hawk for the remainder of his contract. We just have to deal with it.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Remove Sikura and Hayden and avoid Marcus Johansson

you don't want Sikura to stay?

I absolutely think its too early to give up on him. Depending on where he is in the lineup next year he could produce alot imagine if he makes the top 6, even if he is only the third line if its a good line he could blossom

I am totally with you on MJ, dont want any part of him, he is lazy. Hayden can go IMO

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
I think the hawks should try and shore up defence at trade deadline .Maybe Perlini and a 2nd round pick for LA King defenceman Alec Martinez

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Anyone would laugh at you. It would take either Joki, Boqvist or Mitchell at the very least, if not Strome or DeBrincat to get someone to take KFCeabs.
He's either going to get compliance bought out or he's going to be a Hawk for the remainder of his contract. We just have to deal with it.

likely but if there was a newish contending team that had cap space from now to the expansion there may be a taker but I would not give up anyone you mentioned for Ridding ourselves of likely one of the worst contracts I have ever seen dished out.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We've got one scout watching the Canadiens-Flyers game tonight.

There hasn't really been any activity with these teams in the past week. If I had to guess, our scout is watching someone from Montreal and not Philly. But I don't think anything serious is going on here, at least for now.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Man-on-man when played in the literal sense is next to impossible in today's game. At some point in certain circumstances there must be a hand-off of responsiblity. Team is usually failing in that aspect and Hawks lack of puck support (all over the ice) happens too often.

Right and I literally think that is the system. Colliton wants man to man and it’s not working. They aren’t playing man-zone concepts

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
My top3 targets as of now are Pujujarvi, Jost and Kapanen.
So the question I see on these guys is the cost. The Oilers are probably going to feel that they need to save face after Manning, so the cost for Poolparty will be higher for us. I don’t think taking a chance on him is worth a 1st round pick either.

Have the Avs given up on Jost? Seems like he has been playing better lately. His drawbacks have always been he speed and strength, but has high hockey IQ. Seems like a bunch of guys in the system. Plus I think he is on a ELC until 2020.

Kapanen would be the best option. He has amazing speed and can finish. Also, plays the PK which we all know is a weak point. Seems to like the dirty areas. The Leafs seem to think that they can keep him though and like him. However, depending on Marner, the Leafs are definitely susceptible to an offer sheet.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Leafs probably want to keep Kapanen and move Nylander. Kapanen will be cheaper to re-sign.

Nylander’s value has plummeted. I’d be surprised if he could return a young top 4 D at this point. What a debacle. Nobody anticipated he would be so unprepared to play.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Nylander’s value has plummeted. I’d be surprised if he could return a young top 4 D at this point. What a debacle. Nobody anticipated he would be so unprepared to play.

If he’s going for less than a top 4 defenseman then the Hawks should be all over that...he won’t go for less though

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
If we end up signing Stone or Panarin I don't think it would be a good idea to trade a top-4 defenseman for Nylander even if that was on the table. It would be irresponsible to spend that much on forwards and so little on defense.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If we end up signing Stone or Panarin I don't think it would be a good idea to trade a top-4 defenseman for Nylander even if that was on the table. It would be irresponsible to spend that much on forwards and so little on defense.

Hawks likely won’t be spending money on defense regardless of who signs here as a UFA. They’re going to wait on the kids to show what they got.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If he’s going for less than a top 4 defenseman then the Hawks should be all over that...he won’t go for less though

He’ll go for a top 4 defenseman, but I think it will be an older one. It’s alarming that he has 4th line line production with Tavares, Matthews and Kadri centering him.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I sincerely hope that Stan is not fooled by this team's recent performance and becomes a buyer at the deadline.

Anisimov, Perlini, Kunitz and Kruger all need to be liquidated if a reasonable deal is on the table.

Edit: Dahlstrom as well.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
After the Manning-Caggiula trade, I don't think Edmonton is going to make a deal with the Hawks for a while. Puljujarvi is going to get traded somewhere, but not here. They can't afford to look stupid trading with the Hawks again.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Shouldn't players be talented enough to adapt to the different systems?

No, no one plays a true man to man system in the NHL because it doesn't work. It creates mismatches all over the ice. Teams either play a zone or a man-zone hand off system.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He’ll go for a top 4 defenseman, but I think it will be an older one. It’s alarming that he has 4th line line production with Tavares, Matthews and Kadri centering him.

His minutes have been way down and his p/60 is second on team since January. He’ll be fine. I think he has 40 goal upside if you put him in the Hawks top 6. He’d be worth his contract in long run imo.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I still think Jokiharju for Nylander would be smart.

Think of it this way. Nylander is signed at 6.9M. That is far cheaper than Panarin or Stone. If we acquired Nylander, there'd be no need to go after Panarin or Stone. Nylander's cap hit would make it far easier to re-sign Cat and Strome than if we signed Panarin or Stone to a 9M+ deal.

?-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Nylander

That's a very good top 6. As for defence, I think Mitchell has more upside than Jokiharju. I think he'll be able to play the full season next year without any Rockford time either.

Keith-Mitchell
Gus-Murphy
?-Seabrook

Still not a great D lineup, but losing Joki doesn't impact it that much since Mitchell slots in his role.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I still think Jokiharju for Nylander would be smart.

Think of it this way. Nylander is signed at 6.9M. That is far cheaper than Panarin or Stone. If we acquired Nylander, there'd be no need to go after Panarin or Stone. Nylander's cap hit would make it far easier to re-sign Cat and Strome than if we signed Panarin or Stone to a 9M+ deal.

?-Toews-Kane

That's a very good top 6. As for defence, I think Mitchell has more upside than Jokiharju. I think he'll be able to play the full season next year without any Rockford time either.

Keith-Mitchell
Gus-Murphy
?-Seabrook

Still not a great D lineup, but losing Joki doesn't impact it that much since Mitchell slots in his role.

Acquire Nylander. Draft Soderstrom with their 1st. I think your top 6 looks really good. Saad can play 1LW with Toews and Kane.

Saad-Toews-Kane
Kahun-Barratt-Sikura
Caggiula-Kampf-4RW
Hayden

Don’t be surprised to see Willy evolve into a Sharp type sniper in Chicago if that scenario ever plays out. Kid has a deadly shot and release.

Reactions: Kevin Musto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad