Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I highly doubt Stan is seriously looking at Panarin unless the price suddenly becomes very affordable.

He's just inquiring. That's part of the job.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I like Kevin's idea of getting Wennberg for AA. Bit more expensive, but younger, more upside, played well with Saad.

I would sign maybe 1 low-risk/high reward UFA in FA, and run this forward group.

Johansson - Toews - Kane
Debrincat - Strome - Kahun
Saad - Wennberg - Sikura
Caggiula - Kampf - Hayden

4.9M for another 4 years is a bit scary though.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Sell high on Gustafson
Sell anisimov
Sell forsling
Sell perlini

Give away sea rook if you can, heck at this point I would throw in forsling and something else to rid us of 7

Reactions: Illinihockey

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Sell high on Gustafson
Sell anisimov
Sell forsling
Sell perlini

Give away sea rook if you can, heck at this point I would throw in forsling and something else to rid us of 7
Forsling isn't enough value to offload Seabrook. It would have to be our 1st+Mitchell/Jokiharju
Plus Seabrook won't waive his NMC
Also who would want a 6.875M #5-6 defenseman?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Sell high on Gustafson
Sell anisimov
Sell forsling
Sell perlini

Who would be interested in Seabrook? Is there some billionaire out there that is looking for an expensive anchor for his yacht?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Panarin-Toews-Kane
DBC-Strome-Kahun/whoever

Kane would get like 130pts/year and the Hawks would score like 4.5 goals a game :laugh:

There’s no one for them to spend defensive cap space on anyway for the next few years

Spend money to become the deepest team in the league WHILE having Kane and DeBrincat up top.

As many have said here, the problem with the defense is NOT just on the defensemen. The forwards are also the problem.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
upload_2019-2-21_15-52-12.jpeg

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The man to man system is a problem. The D don’t pass guys off so they end up all over the zone

Man-on-man when played in the literal sense is next to impossible in today's game. At some point in certain circumstances there must be a hand-off of responsiblity. Team is usually failing in that aspect and Hawks lack of puck support (all over the ice) happens too often.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Still think we should look at Connor Brown from the Leafs. Some combination of Kruger, Forsling, Perlini, Hayden should be able to net him.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
What an awesome upcoming few days... games vs Avs and Stars. Trade deadline Monday.

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN!!!!

3IY3.gif

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I think there’s going to be a lot of disappointed people in here come free agency. I don’t think Panarin is coming back, and I don’t think Bowman has him in his plans.

We have plenty of fire power that we need to re-sign the year after, and I think Stan wants a Dzingel type more to play with 88 and 19. Not to mention the defense which is a whole different issue and even the depth forwards. It’s just the wrong place and the wrong time for Panarin.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I like Kevin's idea of getting Wennberg for AA. Bit more expensive, but younger, more upside, played well with Saad.

I would sign maybe 1 low-risk/high reward UFA in FA, and run this forward group.

Johansson - Toews - Kane
Debrincat - Strome - Kahun
Saad - Wennberg - Sikura
Caggiula - Kampf - Hayden

4.9M for another 4 years is a bit scary though.

Remove Sikura and Hayden and avoid Marcus Johansson

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Not sure if this was already discussed, but I didn’t see it until I read the Powers and Lazerus article just now.

Powers said:

“A source told me Tuesday that he’s heard Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, Marcus Kruger, Artem Anisimov and Chris Kunitz don’t have any interest in being traded from the Blackhawks at the deadline. All of those players have varying levels of no-movement clauses.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad