GDT: Trade Deadline - TSN vs Sportsnet - April 3rd, 5:00AM (TSN, SNET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
McBain and Gragnani are not particularly similar. Gragnani doesn't play positionally at all while McBain is more a conventional PMD.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I've said it before, I'd only want McBain if the price was low.
I don't want to give up any significant pieces for him.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
If Stevie Y was willing to suck up his mistake. Tampa could be the darkhorse in acquiring Luongo and actually make the gauntlet to being a playoff team. They're only five points back of the Rangers and have a game in hand against every playoff except Boston and Montreal.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
McBain and Gragnani are not particularly similar. Gragnani doesn't play positionally at all while McBain is more a conventional PMD.

They're similiar in that they're both awful in their own end. Would a change of scenary help McBain? Maybe. Too much a risk to offer them anything more than Ballard.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

He does. Depth guy. I'd like it if they could get him to fulfill the PMD+RHD requirement. Maybe he finds something with and Edler pairing? Hope they don't give up too much.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Weren't there changes after they signed the MOU though? I remember reading that some things were re-negotiated and adjusted. We don't know what's actually in the CBA.

It would explain why Jensen and Sweatt are still not being sent down.

Maybe, but most things I've read have said the rule is as written in the MOU.

Also, the Clear Day Roster was never really the impediment; it was the fact that according to the CBA no one can be loaned (to any league) after the deadline and as far as I'm aware that's still in effect.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I could see the Canucks taking on Jussi Jokinen in order to get a lower price on McBain. Carolina isn't exactly cash rich and already have a ton of cap space tied up for next season. Might be worth it to them in order to avoid taking back another bad contract to move Jokinen or spend money buying him out.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I wonder if it's at all possible to pick up a 2nd round pick for Ballard, and perhaps a 1st round pick (from New Jersey or Columbus) for Raymond?

Maybe package Ballard and Guance for their first?

Guance seems like a New Jersey type player.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I could see the Canucks taking on Jussi Jokinen in order to get a lower price on McBain. Carolina isn't exactly cash rich and already have a ton of cap space tied up for next season. Might be worth it to them in order to avoid taking back another bad contract to move Jokinen or spend money buying him out.

I hope not. Not really interested in Jokinen, nor do I think McBain is any good. Carolina has no defensemen and they just lost the best defenseman on their roster while in the midst of a playoff hunt. Why would McBain be deemed not good enough for their roster but good enough for ours?

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Deal Ballard for the both of them. They need a D with Pitkanen out. Saves them some cash. Give them a minor leaguer from the Wolves (on a two-way deal) as well.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia

This.

Since Alberts has passed Ballard on our depth chart according to AV.

Alberts for Jokinen and McBain? :sarcasm:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Looking more and more like not getting Clowe yesterday was not a good thing. Although I realize we had no chance since he ultimately chose to go to New York, but a lack of activity today is not a good sign.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
I hope not. Not really interested in Jokinen, nor do I think McBain is any good. Carolina has no defensemen and they just lost the best defenseman on their roster while in the midst of a playoff hunt. Why would McBain be deemed not good enough for their roster but good enough for ours?

right-hand-img.jpg

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Looking more and more like not getting Clowe yesterday was not a good thing. Although I realize we had no chance since he ultimately chose to go to New York, but a lack of activity today is not a good sign.

Not a lot out there it seems so what can they really do.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

The Canucks have been known to wait until the last few minutes to make moves. I'm not too worried...yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad