GDT: Trade Deadline - TSN vs Sportsnet - April 3rd, 5:00AM (TSN, SNET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Our highly coveted Jussi Jokinen has been moved to the Pens.

I see they continue to load up on center depth. Adding another top line center, I guess to replace Crosby. :sarcasm:

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
@SNHockeyCentral: In the three trades so far, the four players moved (Maxime Sauve, Rob Flick, Scott Hannan, Jerred Smithson) have combined for 6 NHL points

the cup is being traded today. these are the trades you right your momma about

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Rumours of Pominville to Vancouver on the main board. Don't get your hopes up just yet, waiting on an official source to report.

It's not a rumor, it's a random poster talking about it, which sparked discussions.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I find it amusing how anything Shero does is treated positively and not even questioned. He trades for Morrow, Murray, Iginla and Jokinen — giving up some real good assets in the process — and he's considered god. I guarantee if Gillis gave up that much for those 4 players, there's a "Fire Gillis!" thread on this board.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Rumours of Pominville to Vancouver on the main board. Don't get your hopes up just yet, waiting on an official source to report.

I don't buy it.
Gillis said he doesn't want to move our top prospects (Jensen, Gaunce, etc) or our 1st, and Pominville would require our 1st + one of our top prospects + a roster player.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Mixed feelings about Pominville

Great player but the cost to acquire + the fact that we would have to let some more players go for cap reasons may make the price too steep for me

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Isn't it amazing what already good teams can do when they don't have $5+M on the bench every night?

Seriously, just think what that extra cash could do for this team.

Good point! Probably no one on this entire board has given any thought to that!

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I find it amusing how anything Shero does is treated positively and not even questioned. He trades for Morrow, Murray, Iginla and Jokinen — giving up some real good assets in the process — and he's considered god. I guarantee if Gillis gave up that much for those 4 players, there's a "Fire Gillis!" thread on this board.

What did he give up for JJ? I imagine it was crap, which should make it a good deal.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver

Yeah, the Morrow and Murray deals were bad and the Iginla deal was decent. Have to see what the Jokinen deal is though, and it's tough to imagine that they lose this one.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Of those deals the only asset Pitt gave up who may come back to bite them is Joe Morrow. Picks are all going to be at the end of their respective rounds and the other prospects aren't that interesting. They're gunning for a cup this year and Shero being aggressive - but not stupid-aggressive like Philly/Holmgren - is a welcome sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad