Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Down to 47 contracts now I believe. Maybe they was a reason to make this move.

also what Beef said. He did remark about a NCAA goalie so that seems like the reason behind this move
If they may be adding an extra contract in a trade and/or a UDFA, this move makes sense, aside from just moving up Ustimenko (which is probably the main purpose).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Berube was a no cost insurance policy.
Sandstrom wasn't ready even for the AHL and Lyon has had some injuries.
So if Elliott went down . . .

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah, it made sense. Was the right move, really, considering how much Sandstrom struggled. But since Ustimenko is looking good, he needs some AHL looks, & Sandstrom needs to get the brunt of ECHL games to see if he’s worth keeping in North America.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
After having to use 8 goalies last year in the NHL, you can sort of understand them going the other way and having an extra one.

I felt pretty comfortable with Hart, Elliott, Lyon, Sandstrom, and Ustimenko.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't feel comfortable with Sandstrom at all, his progress has stalled and he's 23.
Not going to throw him to the curb, but I'm not counting on anything from him at all.

On the other hand, while playing in a lower tier league, Tomek has had a heck of a season.
And Fedotov has had a fine 1st season in the KHL (though .928 S% only puts him 15th among goalies with 20+ starts).

win88ice2004

Jan 3, 2019
Here we go... Trade raffl and laughton for Carter at 50% retained. Main reason is to make room for Frosty for a roster spot. Carter is a sniper. Frost setting him up with JVR parked in front would be interesting.

G-coots-chek
Farabee-hayes-tk
JVR-frost-Carter
Pickle-bunny-NAK

Could also swap JVR and Farabee. Probably too much for Carter, but would allow us to get cap savings with getting Frost in.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Let's not and say we did.

If you want to make room for Frost, wait until summer.
Right now Laughton is clearly superior.

Reactions: Domino666

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Here we go... Trade raffl and laughton for Carter at 50% retained. Main reason is to make room for Frosty for a roster spot. Carter is a sniper. Frost setting him up with JVR parked in front would be interesting.

G-coots-chek
Farabee-hayes-tk
JVR-frost-Carter
Pickle-bunny-NAK

Could also swap JVR and Farabee. Probably too much for Carter, but would allow us to get cap savings with getting Frost in.

laughton nor Raffl are holding frost down. And I’d rather have those two as depth piece then carter, who doesn’t move the needle to cup contender

Reactions: Domino666

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Down to 47 contracts now I believe. Maybe they was a reason to make this move.

also what Beef said. He did remark about a NCAA goalie so that seems like the reason behind this move
1 player add and 2 unsigned prospect contract add sound close? Sign Allison and Tanner after deadline.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Have "future considerations" ever actually manifested as anything?! Or do they just mean "yeah I traded this guy for nothing"?

I just have this vision of Fletcher going to the Rangers in the off-season and being all "I've considered it, now cough up a 5th round pick" :laugh:

JayB

May 30, 2012
What would be the price for Trocheck?

He is marked to be center but have he playing also winger before?

Winnipeg is also looking defender, maybe Jack Roslovic would be avaible?

Gostisphere/Hägg+ <-> Trocheck
Gostisphere/Hägg+ <-> Roslovic

If Patrick is coming back:

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-Konecny
Roslovic-Patrick-Trocheck
Laughton-Bunnaman-Pitlick
Nak

If not:

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-Konecny
Roslovic-Trocheck-Nak
Laughton-Bunnaman-Pitlick

For more bottom6 move , how about Noel Acciari or Drake Gaggiula?

Last edited:

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Have "future considerations" ever actually manifested as anything?! Or do they just mean "yeah I traded this guy for nothing"?

I just have this vision of Fletcher going to the Rangers in the off-season and being all "I've considered it, now cough up a 5th round pick" :laugh:
It means return is nothing as far as I know rags just did as a solid.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

If the future considerate is Laczynski, Hogberg, or Allison then yeah it's definitely something

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Should have been his the entire year. I'm not sure why there was a need to have Berube and Lyon in LHV - neither one of those guys are in our plans.

Yeah, make a 20 year old Russian goalie who never even played in the KHL the Phantoms starter on opening night. What a great idea. :biglaugh:

And I guess he would have been the backup on the Flyers while Hart was injured since even Lyon wasn't needed. Even better idea. :loony:

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Yeah, make a 20 year old Russian goalie who never even played in the KHL the Phantoms starter on opening night. What a great idea. :biglaugh:

And I guess he would have been the backup on the Flyers while Hart was injured since even Lyon wasn't needed. Even better idea. :loony:

I was saying we didn't need both those guys.

Lyon starter, Sandstrom or Ustimenko backup in LHV.

But, hey, a 20 year old starting goalie in the NHL - betcha you were on board with that. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad