Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richards18Forever

Nov 15, 2006
philadelphia
For the first time in a couple years I'm a little more excited about the possibility of the playoffs and with that possible TDL acquisitions.

Curious who everyone thinks we will be going after and anyone specific we will be okay with moving.

I like the Ghost for Kapanen, but idk how that works for our roster next year if everyone is healthy. Trade wont make Toronto any better defensively, but with then we will need to add legit really 4-7 defensemen.
I think a solid top 9 center is very important also! Possibly a top priority. But I dont know who that 3rd line center would be. Would love for it to be a healthy and ready to go Patrick but I'd rather he sit out till next year.

What's everyone's thoughts!?!?! Looking forward to some trades throughout the league

Go Flyers

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@Prongo

giphy.gif

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Pls Fletcher don´t do anything stupid. No "Veterans" like Filpulla, the "Coccaine Machine" or Backup Goalies who dont play more than 3 games for us before he leaves.

Dont sell Ghost for a 4th line Center

Dont trade for a so called "important" 3rd line Center and paying 2 2nd or 1 1st Round Pick!

In my eyes we don´t need anything really. We need to grow together as a team and let the rookies rise with the growing tasks.

Use the draft picks for good new cost controlled player for the future. We will be a close to the cap for the next ten years with Hart, Giroux, Voracek, Provorov et al. So we will need a lot of young cost controlled players in the lineup if we will be a Top 5 Team in the league for the next years!

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
would love Ghost for Kapanen but that ship has sailed. If you are acquiring legit player then Ghost has to go for talent/cap purposes and that ain't making flyer fans on the board happy. 4th line is fine and have no desire for the Nate Thompson/Lewis acquisition types. If very cheap (ie Nashville's 4th) I could deal with a Tyler Ennis type (UFA end of year 800k) duclair at 1.6m I would be curious what price is there.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
With five rookies going in I'd be interested in playoff proven depth. We have a ton of almost there guys who I'd sacrifice to make the second round

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Have to say, I am usually all about the deadline but this year with our cap situation and potentially returning players, I don’t think we do much.

I have also said I believe Fletcher likes this group. If there is going to be a blockbuster, it wouldn’t surprise me to see it in the off season. Either a big time #1 defenseman or a top notch forward. Only a few name I can think of but that’s where I believe this team is heading in the offseason.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I'm still very much hoping to land Kapanen on this team...it just feels like we should have the only Kapanen in the NHL. Plus the NHL is all about speed and this guy has it. Can move up and down the lineup well.

If it costs Ghost, I can deal with that at this point. I don't know if Ghost will put it together here anymore. I was a big believer, but I think he just may need a fresh start elsewhere. Plus if you can do this before the expansion draft, you can probably use the protection slots more strategically if you only want to protect Sanheim, Myers and Provy on D (adding Ghost as well would probably expose one of them).

The positive of Ghost's contract as well...even if he is subpar, his contract makes him super tradeable.

But, as for the rest of the deadline...

I looked at all the UFAs and I have to admit I don't think I really want any of them. Maybe if you could get a veteran 3C/4C for playoff depth I'd be down, but that's about it. I'm not willing to give up any asset not-named Hagg or below a 3rd round pick.

Richards18Forever

Nov 15, 2006
philadelphia
G Jake TK Hayes Coots Farabee JVR Patty Lindy Frost

With all of those top 9 forwards hopefully ready next year, I want Kapanen but theres no room......

Really like Pitlick Laughton And Kubes for 4th line and that doesn't mention Raffl.

Love Kapenen but idk how that works next year. If Ghost goes, we need a depth defensemen to finish the year.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Patrick and maybe a college kid would be awesome. We need to keep our 1, 2, 3 round picks. I could see Ghost being traded for Kapanen. I’d like to have him but it would hurt to lose Ghost like that.

Flyers don't have a 3rd this year.

I'm still very much hoping to land Kapanen on this team...it just feels like we should have the only Kapanen in the NHL. Plus the NHL is all about speed and this guy has it. Can move up and down the lineup well.

If it costs Ghost, I can deal with that at this point.

Frost has speed. Patrick is a good skater, if healthy. Trading Gostisbehere would really kill the Flyers' D depth. A forward's speed isn't going to make up for that.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
why would the leafs give up kapenen for ghost? If you were the toronto GM would you make that trade?
Not so sure ghost has this perceived value around the league that he has on this flyer board. Dont think his contract is great nor valuable at this point.

Depends what the flyers are looking for to help the team. Seems like another wasted year for giroux jake and couturier from a team perspective.

Would you move Braun?

Reactions: Flyer lurker

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019

With all of those top 9 forwards hopefully ready next year, I want Kapanen but theres no room......

Really like Pitlick Laughton And Kubes for 4th line and that doesn't mention Raffl.

Love Kapenen but idk how that works next year. If Ghost goes, we need a depth defensemen to finish the year.
no room for a 40+ point 2 way winger. Yep none at all

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Frost has speed. Patrick is a good skater, if healthy. Trading Gostisbehere would really kill the Flyers' D depth. A forward's speed isn't going to make up for that.

I'm talking long-term here. There's 12 forward slots and ideally, they're all fast. Naming one or two guys (one of which may be permanently damaged) isn't going to cut it. Maybe it'd hurt the Flyers D depth this year, moving forward you can have the 3 I mentioned (Sanheim, Provy, and Myers) as your corners and add from there. We'll be fine either way of course, but I'm insisting that Ghost could be best served being swapped out for a forward at this point especially with Seattle expansion looming.

I don't want Ghost gone because I dislike him - I just don't know if he'll put it together here with the other guys we have on the corps.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
This current group is good, we all saw last night against the Caps they can hang with any top team in the league, yes I know the playoffs are a different animal, but I’d be happy if the stood pat and did nothing, and if there is a way a 100% healthy Patty could return that could boost this team, if they got in the playoffs I have a feeling they could do damage against anyone, and especially if Hart got hot going in, damn I hope that happens

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I'm talking long-term here. There's 12 forward slots and ideally, they're all fast. Naming one or two guys (one of which may be permanently damaged) isn't going to cut it. Maybe it'd hurt the Flyers D depth this year, moving forward you can have the 3 I mentioned (Sanheim, Provy, and Myers) as your corners and add from there. We'll be fine either way of course, but I'm insisting that Ghost could be best served being swapped out for a forward at this point especially with Seattle expansion looming.

I don't want Ghost gone because I dislike him - I just don't know if he'll put it together here with the other guys we have on the corps.

The Flyers have a full season to work with. No use rushing a trade when a player is at his lowest value. We don't know what protection strategy will make most sense for the Flyers yet.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Hope Patty returns and do nothing.

But,,,,,,,,

IF , and capital if they truly think Ghost is a #7 D ( which is moronic ) I would be down to trade him for at worst a Kapanen and bump the likes of Laughton and Pitlick down a line.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

It's very sad, but reality is we have to operate moving forward like Lindblom won't be returning to play hockey, and when/if he does, it's a happy surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->