Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I really don’t think there would be that much hate for Carter if he wasn’t a Flyer before. He is still a solid two way player that can play center or wing and would only be here for one more season. At 50% for 2 or so million isn’t a bad deal for a player like him. He does not block Frost either because Carter can go to wing. Look at Kovy since he left the Kings and Carter should be cheap to get. If he costs too much then I wouldn’t do it but if you can get him at 50% for a decent deal then I’d do it every day. Strength down the middle is key.

Cartsy (Cartersy?) will be beloved again if he scores some big playoff goals, like he did back in the day for LA.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I walked away for a few hours and missed a bunch of pages it seems. Have we traded the #Goner for a rental 3C yet?

Not yet. Fletcher's most recent player trades are still the terrible moves for Niskanen, Braun and Pitlick.

Flyers History - Complete List Of Every Trade

And it's worked out just like @FlyerNutter warned us it would. If only we were smart like him.

Again not personal, but any casual fan that sees the moves for Niskanen, Braun and potentially Hayes. Then gets excited believing it truly moves the team closer to true contention.

Is an idiot.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sandstrom has had an awful season in the ECHL.

After a good season in a better league last year. Something isn't quite clicking for him down there for whatever reason. Either way, he would still be in the ECHL.

Hart - Elliott = Flyers
Lyon - Ustimenko = Phantoms
Sandstrom - ECHL Guy = Royals

I never liked not having a prospect in Lehigh after bringing 2 over last summer.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Caps acquired Jensen at the deadline last year and signed him for 4 x $2.5m before he played his first game for them.

Friedman: - Nick Jensen (WSH) likely available. Capitals interested in Mike Green (DET)

“I’ve heard that Jensen might be available,” Friedman says on the “31 Thoughts” podcast. “It just hasn’t worked there as much as they’d like. You just added Dillon, and your top four is gonna be Carlson, Orlov, Kempny, and Dillon. I think Washington might have some interest in [Mike] Green. Jensen’s extended for four years at two and a half million. That’s a big number. I just don’t think it’s worked there as much as everybody hoped, so I could see Jensen potentially being moved.”

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Friedman: - Nick Jensen (WSH) likely available. Capitals interested in Mike Green (DET)

“I’ve heard that Jensen might be available,” Friedman says on the “31 Thoughts” podcast. “It just hasn’t worked there as much as they’d like. You just added Dillon, and your top four is gonna be Carlson, Orlov, Kempny, and Dillon. I think Washington might have some interest in [Mike] Green. Jensen’s extended for four years at two and a half million. That’s a big number. I just don’t think it’s worked there as much as everybody hoped, so I could see Jensen potentially being moved.”

Sounds like their D could use a guy like Niskanen lol

Reactions: Tripod

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Is Dillon just Braun but left handed? Both came from the Sharks for a 2nd + 3rd.

LeBrun: What Dillon gives Capitals, Hurricanes interest in...

Sharks GM Doug Wilson based his price on what they got for Justin Braun last summer in the Flyers trade — a second- and a third-round pick. A price the Capitals were willing to pay.

“That was his price from the beginning and I think you monitor the other prices (paid for blueliners this week) and they pretty much lined up with that,’’ MacLellan said. “So if you want to get into the market, that’s what you got to pay, you know?’’

Last edited:

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Does a Carter move makes sense? All depends on cost and salary retention. But for this year at this time he is a fit. 3rd line center or RW based on Patrick could be a need. If no Patrick and Frost makes a real push its still RW.

G-Coots-Jake
Farabee-Hayes-TK
JVR-Patrick-Carter
Raffl-Laughton-Pitlick
NAK
Frost

It is interesting. Very solid 13-14.

Get him at 3mill per. a mid prospect mid pick?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I walked away for a few hours and missed a bunch of pages it seems. Have we traded the #Goner for a rental 3C yet?

I'm a little disappointed in all of us that no one is taking this as a sure sign he'll be a Flyer.

Calgary is on the Chiarelli list of every day calls for me.

I thought that genius addition of Gardiner* at a jaw-dropping steal was going to put that D group into the next stratosphere.

*he's been terrible

I mean, they lost the probable Norris leader for the rest of the year, but carry on. I know it's your schtick.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm a little disappointed in all of us that no one is taking this as a sure sign he'll be a Flyer.

Calgary is on the Chiarelli list of every day calls for me.

I mean, they lost the probable Norris leader for the rest of the year, but carry on. I know it's your schtick.

Context doesnt matter when down talking players. You know this. Just like the Braun trade has been brilliant, etc.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Gardiner needs some of that Hagg PDO.
Quite the difference

cd19f8a3b3e9885cec19bfcad80b4b61.png

49fcdf9eca22c23ae671a3aa217ebbca.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events