Trade Deadline thread (new title to the former ‘is Jarmo done’ thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd say he still isn't, but right now I'm grumpy about everything Preds (I'm actually waiting to see Hynes fired now, which... well, those of y'all who know me know that I tend to be the one speaking strongly against demanding that heads roll, so :D ) so maybe my judgment on some Preds players right now is less than clear.

That's the funny thing about people clamoring to fire Torts after the Jackets lose 3 out of 4. That's like the Hynes special and he still has a job.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That's the funny thing about people clamoring to fire Torts after the Jackets lose 3 out of 4. That's like the Hynes special and he still has a job.
Yeah, it's weird; usually when I gave my "you spoiled children don't really know TRUE suffering" speech it was speaking as a Jackets fan to other Preds fans, not the other way around. :laugh: :cry:

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, it's weird; usually when I gave my "you spoiled children don't really know TRUE suffering" speech it was speaking as a Jackets fan to other Preds fans, not the other way around. :laugh: :cry:

I welcome that lecture. All is not lost yet but you wouldn't know it from the reactions around here.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
That does make me more interested in acquiring Granlund.

One issue is that I'm sure some teams will be offering their late 1sts to rent him, and I don't think the Jackets will want to get in that bidding war. The Preds would have to be open to a player swap (i.e. Domi for Granlund), because we're not in a position to be paying in picks/prospects.

We've had a clear demand for a center since 1) the PLD trade, and 2) we gave up on Domi at C. That was only a month ago, and that time span in the early season is the hardest time to make a deal like that. No one is selling until their plan A blows up. Nashville, Calgary, and Buffalo are the three teams everyone is talking about as soon-to-be sellers, but they haven't even started selling yet. Trading hasn't started yet.

My point was even when we had PLD were were still searching for a center. Maybe things cooled off for like 5 minutes when we acquired Domi but we've been looking for number 1 centers for years.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
My point was even when we had PLD were were still searching for a center. Maybe things cooled off for like 5 minutes when we acquired Domi but we've been looking for number 1 centers for years.

4z7rpd.jpg

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I understand the apprehension on bringing back Joey, but I just want to point out he’s younger, better defensively and at faceoffs, and is a better playoff player.
I like to believe that people grow as they get older, so I wouldn't use what happened 5 years ago to make decisions anyways.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I like to believe that people grow as they get older, so I wouldn't use what happened 5 years ago to make decisions anyways.

I guess, but having seen a lot of Nashville games his issues here largely still remain there. Except he has now got a tad bit shy shooting. So it’s definitely a risk

Reactions: Viqsi

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
With the way we are playing it may be time to stop focusing upon and Number 1 center and start looking at upgrading our d-men. It seems Savard his lost not just one step, but 4 or 5. Del Zotto is a turn over machine. Harrington is s 7-8 dman, nothing more. Peeke may grow into his role. I do not know why Torts is still punishing Kukan. Seems we miss Nutivaara.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
With the way we are playing it may be time to stop focusing upon and Number 1 center and start looking at upgrading our d-men. It seems Savard his lost not just one step, but 4 or 5. Del Zotto is a turn over machine. Harrington is s 7-8 dman, nothing more. Peeke may grow into his role. I do not know why Torts is still punishing Kukan. Seems we miss Nutivaara.

We miss Murray, his part-time availability notwithstanding. It meant we only needed to play Kukan or Harrington sparingly, instead of asking them to be part of the 6.

To the rest of your post, that's what I was thinking past night as well. Kukan and Harrington are depth d-men. There's a reason they're never been roster regulars, and it's not because Torts never gave the a chance. Del Zotto is a part-time player at this stage of his career, too. And Peeke just needs some more seasoning. Problem is, with the trades and Zach's injury Savard's decline, we're relying on them.

It's a bit of a perfect storm and Jarmo could have seen it coming. Although it's generally assumed he moved them to save cash and cap.

Gavrikov looks poor to me, also. I can't figure if his struggles are because of the team's struggles or if his struggles are contributing to the team's, but I had hoped to see more, I guess.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Resign Jones
Resign Laine
Trade for 1C includes Z and Tex and Domi
Sign Mikko Lehtonen for under 2m/y (yeah i know he hasnt been playing much in TOR, but he was best Dman in europe and best player in KHL. He can replace Z almost and is cheaper one.)
Trade for Luke Glendening (again you think im crazy or stupid or both but his FO is great and he can play defensively good hockey)
Resign Foligno (if he takes huge downgrade for salary)
Resign MDZ
Trade or UFA sign top 6dman who can defend. Codename Ian Cole.

Cam - Eichel/Barkov/?? - Laine

Nyquist - Roslovic - Bjorky

Jenner - Stenlund - Foudu

Foligno - Glendening - Robinson

Jones - Gavrikov

Lehtonen - Kukan

Codename Ian Cole - Peeke/MDZ

Jarmo i just made your job too easy. Private message and lets make a deal. Assistant Gm sounds pretty great

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Well Sean Couturier could have been ours with the draft pick we gave Philly. Otherwise we've never sucked bad enough to get one that high in the draft and when we do, they end up being soft and flaky like fresh baked biscuit.

#NHLTopPlayers: Top 20 Centers

We drafted Gabriel Carlsson ahead of Sebastian Aho. And Blake Siebenaler two spots ahead of Brayden Point.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We drafted Gabriel Carlsson ahead of Sebastian Aho. And Blake Siebenaler two spots ahead of Brayden Point.
Meanwhile Edmonton is complaining about drafitng Anton Slepyshev one spot ahead of Oliver Bjorkstrand and the Devils are frustrated about having taken Pavel Zacha two spots before Zach Werenski and Brett Seney two spots before Vladislav Gavrikov.

It goes both ways.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Meanwhile Edmonton is complaining about drafitng Anton Slepyshev one spot ahead of Oliver Bjorkstrand and the Devils are frustrated about having taken Pavel Zacha two spots before Zach Werenski and Brett Seney two spots before Vladislav Gavrikov.

It goes both ways.

You mean to tell me Jarmo & co. are actually very average on scouting and evaluating talent?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Resign Jones
Resign Laine
Trade for 1C includes Z and Tex and Domi
Sign Mikko Lehtonen for under 2m/y (yeah i know he hasnt been playing much in TOR, but he was best Dman in europe and best player in KHL. He can replace Z almost and is cheaper one.)
Trade for Luke Glendening (again you think im crazy or stupid or both but his FO is great and he can play defensively good hockey)
Resign Foligno (if he takes huge downgrade for salary)
Resign MDZ
Trade or UFA sign top 6dman who can defend. Codename Ian Cole.

Cam - Eichel/Barkov/?? - Laine

Nyquist - Roslovic - Bjorky

Jenner - Stenlund - Foudu

Foligno - Glendening - Robinson

Jones - Gavrikov

Lehtonen - Kukan

Codename Ian Cole - Peeke/MDZ

Jarmo i just made your job too easy. Private message and lets make a deal. Assistant Gm sounds pretty great
Lehtonen-Kukan 2nd pair? Thats a whole lotta garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad