Speculation: Trade Deadline Thread (Hawks and league Trades/Speculation)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
but teams are selling their version of AA, Saad, Perlini now..... those slots may not be there in the off season.

also getting some key players via trades.

Anisimov has a 10 team no trade list. He can effectively block the market that is willing to trade for him.
Why trade saad? Who replaces him. Unless your fully tearing it down.
Perlini gets you what? Now he should play every game going forward to see if you even extend a qualifying offer.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Anisimov has a 10 team no trade list. He can effectively block the market that is willing to trade for him.
Why trade saad? Who replaces him. Unless your fully tearing it down.
Perlini gets you what? Now he should play every game going forward to see if you even extend a qualifying offer.
It's funny how similar this is to the post I was about to send.
I'll add that Perlini is the type of player the blackhawks should be ACQUIRING right now. I personally hope he re-signs this offseason. Let's see if he can live up to some potential and help the 3rd/4th line.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Time to fire Bowman if this is true. Why didn't he claim Smith-Pelley off waivers which was cheap and helps the bottom six? I don't think Bowman has much clue about hockey. Time to get a real GM who knows hockey. Did he not ask or did he ask and his own players are holding him hostage because of his stupidity in handing out these no-trade clauses likie candy. Either way, he should be gone this summer or even now and see what a real GM can do to turn the Hawks around.

We have enough Smith-Pelley's on our team already we need to dump

He isn't a good hockey player

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
At least Smith-Pelley would be better than what the Hawks have right now. With being this close to the playoffs, why wouldn't he at least better the bottom six.
We are not that close to the playoffs anymore. This past weekend pretty much killed it, would take a huge winning streak against good teams and other teams flopping for them to make it now. There was no reason to give up any kind of possible asset to try and help this years lost cause.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Bowman could have strengthened the bottom six but didn't which pretty well points to Bowman who has no clue what he is doing. Yes, he made a couple of good trades but did nothing up to the deadline.

No not really at all. Staying put shows he does. He could have sold but obviously the right deal was not there. You are talking about buying which I would be really dumb.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
It's funny how similar this is to the post I was about to send.
I'll add that Perlini is the type of player the blackhawks should be ACQUIRING right now. I personally hope he re-signs this offseason. Let's see if he can live up to some potential and help the 3rd/4th line.
With his speed, you would want to see Perlini excel on the 4th line as an energy guy, but that's not his game. He has lots of tools and has some moderate success scoring in the teens in the past with Phoenix. If he doesn't play physical, then we don't really need him. I'm surprised Dallas didn't come knocking when Zuc went down. I'm guessing that Stan was trying to gauge people going for it similar to how he's been gauged in the past in these situations. Not enough desperation for the mediocrity we had available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad