Speculation: Trade Deadline Thread (Hawks and league Trades/Speculation)

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Doesn't Anisimov lose his limited NTC this summer? I think it's very likely he gets dealt in the offseason as Bowman retools our bottom-6.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Time to fire Bowman if this is true. Why didn't he claim Smith-Pelley off waivers which was cheap and helps the bottom six? I don't think Bowman has much clue about hockey. Time to get a real GM who knows hockey. Did he not ask or did he ask and his own players are holding him hostage because of his stupidity in handing out these no-trade clauses likie candy. Either way, he should be gone this summer or even now and see what a real GM can do to turn the Hawks around.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He's not doing his job if he doesn't ask the question.

I assumed you’re talking Stan and the NTCs. The reporter should ask the question and not report it if he gets the canned answer IMO. All that accomplishes is stirring up crap and leading people to believe Stan didn’t try to make trades.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Damn, why didn't Stan get on the phone with Jim and try and sell Seabs.
this is again and my main bitch about SB .... his track record for trading. except for this yr, SB has been behind the power curve of institutional judgement call.

his past trading fiasco should haunt him. the team, this team needed to be amp up, to be fixed 2 yrs ago and yet the Bhawks FO sat and watch their time line tick away.

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
No more dreaming messages about Mark Stone signed with the Hawks. Not sure I'm able to get used to it. :( Then in Summer, we'll see Panarin signing with the Rangers or Florida.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Time to fire Bowman if this is true. Why didn't he claim Smith-Pelley off waivers which was cheap and helps the bottom six? I don't think Bowman has much clue about hockey. Time to get a real GM who knows hockey. Did he not ask or did he ask and his own players are holding him hostage because of his stupidity in handing out these no-trade clauses likie candy. Either way, he should be gone this summer or even now and see what a real GM can do to turn the Hawks around.
i wouldn't fire SB as much as i have bitch about him. split his position, the hockey , Bhawks GM into 2 position, one trading and day to day ...... the other scouting and drafting.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I assumed you’re talking Stan and the NTCs. The reporter should ask the question and not report it if he gets the canned the answer IMO. All that accomplishes is stirring up crap and leading people to believe Stan didn’t try to make trades.

I'm saying the reporter is not doing their job if they don't ask that question. Even if you know you're going to get a false answer, make them answer it. That's their job to ask those questions, regardless of what the answer will be or won't be. It's annoying, and if I'm the one answering the questions I'm probably annoyed by it, but it's their job to ask and put it out there and make publicly address it. How morons take it isn't really either their problems, though I get what you're saying.

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and LDF

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Bowman could have strengthened the bottom six but didn't which pretty well points to Bowman who has no clue what he is doing. Yes, he made a couple of good trades but did nothing up to the deadline.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Hes been a terrible player all year. And really not great last year but a guy who was hot with scoring in the postseason. What value would that do. Even if he was marginally better than Hayden or Perlini he had no future to help anything.

Nobody wanted the hawks garbage and theres no sense in adding garabage. I'm not sure what about that makes people think it is bad inaction.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

You want him fired over not claiming DSP when no other GM claimed DSP either?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'm saying the reporter is not doing their job if they don't ask that question. Even if you know you're going to get a false answer, make them answer it. That's their job to ask those questions, regardless of what the answer will be or won't be. It's annoying, and if I'm the one answering the questions I'm probably annoyed by it, but it's their job to ask and put it out there and make publicly address it.

I 100% agree. I just think tweeting that canned fake answer is going to give people the red meat they are looking for when there’s really nothing there.

Reactions: Blue Liner

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm saying the reporter is not doing their job if they don't ask that question. Even if you know you're going to get a false answer, make them answer it. That's their job to ask those questions, regardless of what the answer will be or won't be. It's annoying, and if I'm the one answering the questions I'm probably annoyed by it, but it's their job to ask and put it out there and make publicly address it. How morons take it isn't really either their problems, though I get what you're saying.
perfect answer.....

look at the political world and the lies that comes from 1600 Pennsylvania ave ..... all lies from the main resident and yet the press need and needs to continue to ask those question.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Bowman could have strengthened the bottom six but didn't which pretty well points to Bowman who has no clue what he is doing. Yes, he made a couple of good trades but did nothing up to the deadline.
his best trade for the trade dead line is what ?????

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

:huh:

He shouldn't have been losing assets to trade for bottom 6 players at the deadline, when bottom 6 players can be had for free in the offseason...

:shakehead

Fire him for doing his job right? :laugh:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
trade the surplus prospect that will not make this team for future draft picks.

diversify the objective.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Pretty simple, nobody wanted the crap we had to offer. The team should not be adding anything but future assets and the players everyone wanted dumped for those assets are players with immovable contracts. Not sure what people were expecting.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
trade the surplus prospect that will not make this team for future draft picks.

diversify the objective.

Trade prospects, to acquire picks, so you can acquire more prospects? Why not wait and see what the prospects develop into? They don't know who will make this team or when... and a bunch of new prospects isn't really going to change anything. They still have to develop...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I have some mixed emotions here as I would have liked to see another solid hockey trade or two here, but the draft is just around the corner and Bowman can do a lot there as well...as for Mark Stone, I figured we have very little chance at him anyway, so now the big fish is once again Panarin.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
The only thing I'm a little bummed about is that AA didn't get turned into prospects/something for the future, but again he has his partial NTC, so I didn't expect much.

Anyone upset right now just needs to remember that Bowman has really hit it out of the park prior to the deadline. Schmaltz, Manning, and Rutta turned into Strome, Perlini, Caggiula, and Koekkoek.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Trade prospects, to acquire picks, so you can acquire more prospects? Why not wait and see what the prospects develop into? They don't know who will make this team or when... and a bunch of new prospects isn't really going to change anything. They still have to develop...
for a reply to your post.

fortin, ejdsell, players like that..... and i know your answer, "well no one wants those less than nhl players"

but this is an example. i am sure there are other prospects that those in the pro's can see that i can't.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The only thing I'm a little bummed about is that AA didn't get turned into prospects/something for the future, but again he has his partial NTC, so I didn't expect much.

Anyone upset right now just needs to remember that Bowman has really hit it out of the park prior to the deadline. Schmaltz, Manning, and Rutta turned into Strome, Perlini, Caggiula, and Koekkoek.
but teams are selling their version of AA, Saad, Perlini now..... those slots may not be there in the off season.

also getting some key players via trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad