Speculation: Trade Deadline Thread (Hawks and league Trades/Speculation)

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Really starting to see that some Managers are builders and some are finishers... and have no clue what to do when they're out of their order.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
well..Minnesota dismantled, colorado and dallas seems to be going for the playoffs. nashville and jets are loading up for a run. i wish we sold off but then again we didnt have anything to sell so. make a run or tank. nothing in the middle please.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Like a few of you said, I would have liked to move out a couple bottom 6 guys or even Anisimov. Im kinda okay with Stan not doing anything drastic and pay for rentals with that small glimmer of light for the playoffs still there. Ride out this season with what ya got and hope to have some luck with the lottery balls. Then get ready to spend on July 1.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I'd take Vesalainen straight up without the plus.

I don't think just Vesalainen is enough. I'd want at least a 3rd in addition to Vesalainen. Vesalainen is a stud but Gus is having an unbelievable season and it's in-division.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Like a few of you said, I would have liked to move out a couple bottom 6 guys or even Anisimov. Im kinda okay with Stan not doing anything drastic and pay for rentals with that small glimmer of light for the playoffs still there. Ride out this season with what ya got and hope to have some luck with the lottery balls. Then get ready to spend on July 1.

Maybe the NMC/NTCs prevented moves. It’ll be easier to move them in the offseason. Meanwhile the remaining schedule got stronger.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Some of this movement today is just....something. Man, pay me $200K per year and I'll stop you from making two or three moves that will end up costing you way more than that. You can still be GM, I'll just slap your wrist with a ruler two or three times per year to keep you from making a bad decision. That's it. Someone f***ing hiring me.

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
Is Stan hoping that our team can still make the playoffs with this roster? When basically each current playoff team got better after TDL. With this defense it's impossible. At least, now.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
He's not doing his job if he doesn't ask the question.

Maybe he wanted to shop them around just to gauge value before asking them. That way if value is low he doesn’t have to go through the uncomfortable situation of asking them to waive and then not trading them.

Kieth and Seabs are still Hawks legends, and human beings. Maybe Stan was just trying to be delicate

Reactions: Blue Liner

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Maybe he wanted to shop them around just to gauge value before asking them. That way if value is low he doesn’t have to go through the uncomfortable situation of asking them to waive and then not trading them.

Kieth and Seabs are still Hawks legends, and human beings. Maybe Stan was just trying to be delicate

I don't blame him at all for saying No the question if it's not true. I would too if I were him, probably.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: