Speculation: Trade Deadline Thread (Hawks and league Trades/Speculation)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

It would need to be a big return for me not to be pissed.

Stone for Joker or Mitchell? Add lesser prospects or lower picks to either side maybe.

JZ isn't wrong, there is definitely a bit of a logjam here in the D department...

I wouldn't be mad about one of them, so long as this team got better. I'd avoid Boqvist, though. I think I'd immediately take him off the table. It would have to be one of Beaudin, Joker, or Mitchell.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
what ****ing log jam????? why is this being said?? we have a bunch of unknowns and a few guys up here that can be moved ASAP- Forsling, 4K and Dahl...so ****ing odd..

There is a slight logjam on the right side technically. Boqvist would be a complete no go from me. It would have to be for a player that is for sure going to signed or already is signed plus picks.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Stone for Joker or Mitchell? Add lesser prospects or lower picks to either side maybe.

JZ isn't wrong, there is definitely a bit of a logjam here in the D department...

I wouldn't be mad about one of them, so long as this team got better. I'd avoid Boqvist, though. I think I'd immediately take him off the table. It would have to be one of Beaudin, Joker, or Mitchell.

I would pay that much for Stone honestly.

Complete no go on Boqvist.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
There is a slight logjam on the right side technically. Boqvist would be a complete no go from me. It would have to be for a player that is for sure going to signed or already is signed plus picks.
yeah in a sense, but a log jam to me means we have 6-7 dmen under long term contract right now..we only have Keith, Seabs and Murphy under contract after 2 years...Joker as well, but that is all...we have a lot of unknowns right now, are we keeping Forsling, Dahl and 4K?? even if the answer is yes, they all sign short term deals that can be moved..nothing is holding those kids back right now..

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I would pay that much for Stone honestly.

Complete no go on Boqvist.

Yeah, I think I'd be OK with any of the other 3, though. Straight up seems like solid value for both sides, too. Like I said, maybe one side adds a low pick or prospect. Maybe the Hawks add like a 4th or 5th because of Joker's relative unknown in comparison to Stone. :dunno:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
yeah in a sense, but a log jam to me means we have 6-7 dmen under long term contract right now..we only have Keith, Seabs and Murphy under contract after 2 years...Joker as well, but that is all...we have a lot of unknowns right now, are we keeping Forsling, Dahl and 4K?? even if the answer is yes, they all sign short term deals that can be moved..nothing is holding those kids back right now..

I want to keep Forsling and I am still high on him. Dahlstom is fine but if moved I am fine with that. 4k is intriguing.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, I think I'd be OK with any of the other 3, though. Straight up seems like solid value for both sides, too. Like I said, maybe one side adds a low pick or prospect. Maybe the Hawks add like a 4th or 5th because of Joker's relative unknown in comparison to Stone. :dunno:

It would have to be a MUST for a player like that to resign.

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
I would think a deal involving one of our 'Big 4' (not sold on that name) would be more of a lateral move such as; Acquiring a blue chip forward prospect since we seem to lack those in the system atm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad