Speculation: Trade Deadline Thread (Hawks and league Trades/Speculation)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ignoring the initial trade for Duchene which was terrible, this is probably the best return they could have hoped for. The prospects aren't very good but if they end up with 2 1sts for a "rental", that's pretty good.

I just don't see Duchene resigning in Columbus. Especially if both Panarin and Bob are gone.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
seems like a ****ty group of prospects coming back to say the least, considering Ottawa likely gave up Hughes to get Duchene lol...
Davidsson almost made the team in October. He projects to be a solid third liner.

Abramov absolutely lit the Q up, struggled early in the AHL, but recently has found his way and has been doing very well.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Davidsson almost made the team in October. He projects to be a solid third liner.

Abramov absolutely lit the Q up, struggled early in the AHL, but recently has found his way and has been doing very well.
I mean, are they in CBJ's top 5 prospect list? I would imagine they get at least a top prospect and a 1st for Duchene..maybe these two will be decent, but they really aren't high end IMO.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I believe they were ranked #3 and #5

I cant recall list but pretty sure it was posted somewhere on HF earlier when this came out. Just cant recall which board and thread it was in

CBJ didn't have a good prospect pool to begin ( I believe they are ranked in bottom 3rd of league)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If they're trying to win the Cup this year, Panarin likely isn't moving anywhere. And it sure looks like they're trying to win it this year.
Yup. They're going to lose Panarin and get no return.

So in the end Columbus lost Saad for "nothing".

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I mean, are they in CBJ's top 5 prospect list? I would imagine they get at least a top prospect and a 1st for Duchene..maybe these two will be decent, but they really aren't high end IMO.
Duchene is a rental and they got a first plus two B prospects. How much more should they have gotten?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm not a big prospect guy. Is there any sites that are comparable to mlb pipeline for NHL prospects? I know this site used to do it but doesn't anymore.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Duchene is a rental and they got a first plus two B prospects. How much more should they have gotten?
I mean Karlsson as a rental got much more, now Karlsson is a better player but at least they got Norris who was one of SJ top 3 prospects...I would imagine they get at least a top 5 prospect from CBJ, maybe these two aren't far behind in that regard I do not know the entire depth of their system, just seems a bit weak to me is all...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Two firsts is a complete disaster. How does Duchene end up in these deals lol...the first 1st probably won’t be a disaster, but that 2nd one could be a top 5-10 pick.

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
San Jose has been scouting a few of our games recently, as well. I wonder if they're taking a look at AA or a piece like Kruger?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad