GDT: Trade Deadline Thread - Deadline 3pm EST - C'mon Trades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Next two 1sts & two 2nds for a PP coach please

For real. It's hard to fathom that the Leafs were blazing at like 40% powerplay proficiency the first month or so of the season. For the last month, they've been dead last on the powerplay. Their penalty kill has been excellent though and they've been winning games, but special teams can make or break games. I hope they get out of their funk soon.

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Travis Dermott (RFA) for Jamie Oleksiak (UFA)

Leafs likely to lose Dermott in the expansion draft. Also gives leafs security in the event of an injury

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Oleksiak - Bogosian

if a LHD goes down, Oleksiak moves up and Bogosian shelters Sandin. If a RHD goes down, Oleksiak can shelter Liljigren. Not sure Dermott would be able to do that.

LHD Injury: Sandin - Bogosian
RHD Injury: Oleksiak - Liljigren

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Travis Dermott (RFA) for Jamie Oleksiak (UFA)

Leafs likely to lose Dermott in the expansion draft. Also gives leafs security in the event of an injury

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Oleksiak - Bogosian

if a LHD goes down, Oleksiak moves up and Bogosian shelters Sandin. If a RHD goes down, Oleksiak can shelter Liljigren. Not sure Dermott would be able to do that.

LHD Injury: Sandin - Bogosian
RHD Injury: Oleksiak - Liljigren

Then expose Holl in the expansion draft?

Mellor683

Mar 30, 2012
anyone have a streaming link for either sportsnet or tsn coverage they could share? Thnx

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Galchenyuk for the 2nd line
Foligno 3rd
Nash 4th
Rittich goalie insurance

What a deadline so far, love it.

Best TDL since we acquired Leetch. Kudos to Kyle.

One more depth dman and Dubas will have coverered every base that needed to covered for a deep playoff run. It will then be on the players to get it done.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I think I’m on board getting a Dman upgrade on Dermott and then being done. Dubas has built a good team. Now it’s up to the coaching staff and the players to execute (and please fix the goddamn PP)

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
I don't care that much about that late 1st. The player drafted wouldn't have an impact on our team for at least 3 or 4 years, if at all. Now is the time to go for it, not only the North Division, but also Tavares, Muzzin & Co. not getting younger.

Reactions: Auston 316

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm pretty happy with what they have done but I would like to see another D man come in Kulikov, Vatanen, Staal, Zadorov Oleslak.

Like I've said I'm OK if they don't draft a single player in the 2021 draft in fact I hope they don't

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I would not be surprised if we have another move in us today. Dubas is crafty like that.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
It’s pretty smart to add more strong vet presence for the playoffs while the core is emerging.
I like the idea of Foligno with Mitch and Matty, but there’s lotsa permutations that can fit.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Upgrade on Dermott and the roster is set.

You're not going to get much better than Dermott for his cap hit, what is available and what we have to give. I don't think it's easy at all to find that since Dermott has been pretty solid.

I do agree though the Leafs could probably use an upgrade or insurance as a buffer between the current top 6 and the depth.

Reactions: Cams

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Thing with all these trades is these guys aren't really going to make the difference in the playoffs. It's Marner, Nylaner and Reilly. Those 3 guys especially Marner who was scared last year with the physical game the Jackets did on him. If those 3 don't elevate their game the team is toast. I am not worried about Matthews or Tavares they have and will raise their game for the playoffs.

The rest of the pickups is just fringe stuff. the above 3 need to setup in the playoffs and pay the price to win in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad