GDT: Trade Deadline Thread - Deadline 3pm EST - C'mon Trades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Admittedly pretty surprised that we acquired 2F and a G before a dman.

We didn't need a defenseman. We needed a goalie and we needed 1 forward, but picked up 1 and another potential upgrade.

I mostly just expect some depth moves and maybe a trade or two to leverage our leftover cap space once we get what we want.

Reactions: Macallan18

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
We didn't need a defenseman. We needed a goalie and we needed 1 forward, but picked up 1 and another potential upgrade.

I mostly just expect some depth moves and maybe a trade or two to leverage our leftover cap space once we get what we want.

I dunno. If any of Rielly, Muzz, or Brodie go down I think we're really thin

Reactions: Rocker13

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I dunno. If any of Rielly, Muzz, or Brodie go down I think we're really thin

Not really any thinner than if a top 4 defenseman on another contender goes down. Muzzin went down last year and both Dermott and Marincin were excellent.

Nobody on the market is going to upgrade our bottom pairing, so we are mostly looking at depth defensemen and we likely add one of those. Either way, it is not a 'need' that was prioritized over

Also, if Campbell goes down, Hutch is our starter. With Nylander out, Barabanov had to enter our lineup. We are not nearly as screwed with one of those three going down as having Hutch be our starter and I trust our current defensive depth (Sandin, Marincin, Liljegren, Rosen) more than our forwards (Robertson, Anderson, Petan, Barabanov, Brooks, Malgin).

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Hoping for a depth defenseman that can be had for a 6th or a prospect. Otherwise I think we mostly stand pat.

I'd like Oleksiak. I doubt many d go for a 6th . I'd guess his value is around a 2nd but Savard went for a 1st plus so I'm probably wrong. For a 5th or 6th maybe you get Kulikov?

Reactions: Cams and SHANNYPLAN

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
Depending on the cap space after dropping Barabanov and Hutchinson and Dubas is done trading. He might recuperate a draft pick by picking up another teams player who need additional cap space.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I am fairly certain Freddy will be LTIR’d the rest of the way.

Which means we have about 2.1-2.25Mish in LTIR room to use, and I’m fairly certain Dubas is going to use it. There’s multiple ways we could use it.

Perhaps we add a costly d-man (Oleksiak would fit).

Or, maybe we recoup some picks by helping to facilitate a trade for someone else. Perhaps instead of asking for a 4th we ask for a 5th and a 6th or two 6ths to go more quantity.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, a couple random thoughts.

- I like how Rittich and Nash are both realistically attainable for next year. Rittich should fit into the ~2.5M or less area that we’ll have to find a backup/platoon goalie with Campbell. Nash could be a nice fit on Line 4 for us, and should come cheap.

- The moves so far have confirmed to me that the Leafs will look to move Kerfoot for a draft pick before the expansion draft. I don’t see Kerfoot or Engvall being dealt today, but Kerfoot is for sure a guy that will move pre expansion.

- Due to that, we might also try and move Dermott before expansion as well. Leave Seattle with depth pickings, and get assets for the two guys we can reasonably replace internally (Engvall and Sandin).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad