Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Possibly, based on what Vegas is doing who knows what they could have planned, but it looks like the main hold-up on Guentzel is the Canucks don't want to include Lekkerimäki and Hoglander, which is reasonable.
If they wanted to include any of those players, the deal was never going to happen anyway, so there shouldn't be a major disappointment if the Canucks didn't get Guentzel.

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
I wonder if the Vancouver Canucks have checked in on Buchnevich at all. Probably the samething as Guentzal & is to expensive but having him signed for next year would be pretty nice

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
As awful as it sounds from an entertainment POV we prob want the Kings in RD1.

Let the Oilers, Knight's, Jets and Stars kill one another

Reactions: Red and Nucker101

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Trade Lindholm to Boston.

Use said assets to acquire Buch.

Trade Mik for Zucker.

Still leaves Philly Cheese Steak on the table to be signed.

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
Vegas seems to be running on reputation alone, don’t think people have been paying attention to how poorly they’ve been playing this year. All the other top teams in the west also have weaknesses, whether it’s goaltending or defense.

Colorado has probably improved the most the past day, but still, you never know how new players will fit with the team and if there will be chemistry. We should know that firsthand from Lindholm.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If they wanted to include any of those players, the deal was never going to happen anyway, so there shouldn't be a major disappointment if the Canucks didn't get Guentzel.

I'm more concerned they're letting other opportunities fly out the window in their pursuit of Guentzel while all the other West teams load-up. They haven't even been linked to a defenseman since Tanev, which I find odd.

Reactions: Iron Mike Sharpe

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Vegas seems to be running on reputation alone, don’t think people have been paying attention to how poorly they’ve been playing this year. All the other top teams in the west also have weaknesses, whether it’s goaltending or defense.

Colorado has probably improved the most the past day, but still, you never know how new players will fit with the team and if there will be chemistry. We should know that firsthand from Lindholm.
Vegas has played poorly.

Hence why mgmt is trying to trade for an entirely different team before the TDL is over.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
We’re down bad
I don't really know why. People having some bizarrely unhinged reactions here, and the deadline is still over 24 hours away.

The Canucks have made multiple in-season trades. And large ones. It's not like they've been sitting on the sidelines all season lol. Allvin/JR have made moves to improve. I think they'll still make another medium-ish one.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i like toffoli and i like guentzel but i can't help but wonder why we are targeting undersized finishers. we don't really lack scorers. we lack top 6 guys who can grind it out and run the shot clock down on every possession. the fact we miss joshua should tell us the kind of player to target.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
i like toffoli and i like guentzel but i can't help but wonder why we are targeting undersized finishers. we don't really lack scorers. we lack top 6 guys who can grind it out and run the shot clock down on every possession. the fact we miss joshua should tell us the kind of player to target.
Guentzel lives near the net

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Guentzel lives near the net
Can't remember who it was. Bourne maybe.

But someone was talking the other day of how he is just always in the right place at the right time.

Similar to Matthews in a way.

And then people always say "oh that was an easy goal".

It's because they are smart and know where to be.

One of many reasons both score as much as they do.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
As awful as it sounds from an entertainment POV we prob want the Kings in RD1.

Let the Oilers, Knight's, Jets and Stars kill one another
If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's to never prefer any playoff opponent and let the chips fall where they may.

I remember WANTING to play the Kings back in 2012 lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad