Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
There's probably a 3 way deal in principal between the Pens-Bruins-Nucks.

But Dubas is holding out for more from another team.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
What about Barabanov? Seems like the type of guy no GM calls about and goes for cheap but could become a quality add

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don’t see how the Canucks beat any of Colorado/Vegas/Dallas and Edmonton is a toss up.

Avs are insanely loaded. Just get in, anything can happen.

Reactions: VanCanucks53

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
With Lindholm, you can just wait it out and see if he improves. Just a few months ago, the fans were clamoring for another top 6 center just because they could stack up the first line. Now, they realize that it didn't work (it never really was an option long term, in my opinion). People want to ditch him for a top 6 winger.

In hockey, fortunes can change quickly. All it would take is for one player to get hot, and everybody forgets the bad spells or the good ones.

I still think they should have targeted Chychrun so they would have 3 top 4 defensemen under 26, but that option has passed when you shoot your load with your assets too early. Hannafin would have been a nice add as well.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
lets go

Attachments

• sell sell.gif
    sell sell.gif
    433.1 KB · Views: 1

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Elliotte mentioned that the holdup in the Guentzel trade could be related to them needing to move out someone like Smith first in order to retain 50% on Guentzel and take back salary. I do wonder if management would be looking at a Guentzel trade as a way to improv drastically and dump Mikheyev’s contract.

Possibly, based on what Vegas is doing who knows what they could have planned, but it looks like the main hold-up on Guentzel is the Canucks don't want to include Lekkerimäki and Hoglander, which is reasonable.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Worth noting that Toffoli and Lindholm played ~850 minutes together last season at even strength and were 58% Corsi / xGF together. They’re both a year older and on the wrong side of the aging curve but there’s a track record there at least.
Has either ever played LW?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Toffoli might not be as good as Guentzel but at least the extension ask would be more palatable if they were to go that route.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Eh Hanifin, Henrique and Mittelstadt were the big adds (I guess you could maybe add Tanev). Our big add was Lindholm - unfortunately he hasn't been a fit but no guarantees the new adds for the other teams will gel seamlessly. The rest if just fungible crap that I'm not particularly high on, for me I don't think a guy like Duhaime is even better than Podkolzin.
Is there any guarantee that those adds work for those teams? have just a few more games than the Canucks have had with Lindholm before the PO begin to find out.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad