Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline - So How About that Luongo Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
Why give up a 2nd round pick and a prospect for a rental to supplement a team that is clearly not good enough?

Roy will test FA, no doubt about it.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Then why make the Roy trade?! :laugh:

This is getting circular...

You think that was a dumb trade? We filled our biggest need and gave away a 2nd (something like a 15% chance to be a roster player) and K-Con who's been mediocre at best lately in a position of pretty good depth.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Here's a strange question but I wonder why the deadline is when it is in the season? I would think it would garner more fan interest with more trades. And I imagine if they pushed it back even a week, there'd be way more trades as teams have more certainty about their chances this season. Is it a NHLPA thing or what?

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
Well Gillis will have his work cut out for him this summer.

Still, I don't think it's time to write the season off.

This can still be a deep solid team & capable of beating any team in the league in a best of 7.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that people are freaking out. Luongo was always more likely to be traded in the offseason. Teams that need goalies badly aren't going to make a goaltending move just now.

I wonder if Luongo might end up back on Long Island. They only have mediocre prospects signed up for next season and I'm sure Wang would be absolutely heartbroken if he had some dead capspace in a few years if Luongo retired early.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
maybe somebody just licked too many envelopes ala Susan of Seinfeld....:naughty:

Hey i'm glad there's a rainbow where the Canucks are a top team rolling Ebbett, Pinozzotto, Sweatt, Jensen as the depth with the playoff warrior Mason Raymond on the 2nd line.

Worst PP, one of the worst PK's, one of the worst face-off teams...

This strikes me as moving into Calgary 6th ish spot this season, soon to fall into the 9th-11th spots.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
This ******** about being "all-in" is annoying.

Go listen to the actual 1040 interview rather than paraphrasing on the forum.

Gilman clearly qualified his statement, "Well, if what you mean by all-in is...etc etc"

He only agreed to say that they were "all-in" because he knew that it was jargon borrowed from a different game that has no specific meaning in this context!

Which is why he felt free to say it.

Because it means nothing.

I read it as a plea for help. That Gilman has a serious gambling addiction.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Fire Gillis right now, that is the reason why we fired Nonis a couple of years ago, isn't it?
It's his refusal to fire AV that is going to cost us the cup, not the player, but because our terrible coaching.
It's his refusal to trade for anyone in the 09 trade deadline when we have Sundin.
It's his refusal to hire Guy Boucher when given the chance, and continue to make the right move.
It's his decision to support AV when we lost to the LA Kings who barely made the playoffs.

Fire Gillis, but most importantly fired AV!

No Nonis got fire for missing the playoffs two out of three years with no concrete plan for improvement. Gillis has improved this team.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
I guess thats the only thing Gillis could have said. I don't think he was happy about that question though. It makes him look pretty bad when his player says that.

As much as I like luongo...that poor player signed that contract that sucks. He didn't mind it then.

John Bender*

I hate Gillis... hate him. Arrogant... jus arrogant for a guy that inherited a team with the Sedins, Kesler, etc.

I have been saying this for months now. Goldman is auch more likeable front line presence. Gillis ****ed the Lu situation up by demanding y2kesque returns for luongo. He should have just moved him for anything. ****, a nice 5 million dollar cap dump would look better than sad Lu sitting on the end of the bench.

Re Torres.....we couldn't match that? Terrible. The lineup is not good enough to win a cup.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Other fans hate for Vancouver is hilarious to me, it's pretty ridiculous

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Anyone else have the feeling that... I JUST WASTED the LAST 4-6 hours of my day waiting for nothing... :(

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Even if Roy doesn't re-sign here there is no way anyone can convince me that was a bad trade. We gave up basically nothing.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Based on our lack of good players?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Raymond - Roy - Kassian
Weise - Lapierre - Sestito/Pinizzotto/etc.

That's without Booth and Jensen. Booth is rumoured to be back for playoffs so he could replace somebody on the 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad