Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline - So How About that Luongo Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I thought that was pretty clear - he's saying he could have been a dick about all this and forced a trade a long time ago - but that's not the kind of guy he sees himself as being.

Interesting - am I the only one who heard it that way?

I did not get that impression from his response at all, and i just rewatched it, because then he commented about his contracting sucking, and it was a hit to his pride nobody wants to give much for him. But differing opinions.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Lol Gillis spinning is getting so repetitive.

I seriously think people would be reacting differently if we acquired Roy today. If we had, I think people consider it a decent deadline that addressed our major issue (well, I guess except getting rid of Luongo). The fact that it happened yesterday and then Gilman made that comment about going all in meant people built up their expectations way too much. IMO.

Results

Sep 3, 2006
Vancouver
This ******** about being "all-in" is annoying.

Go listen to the actual 1040 interview rather than paraphrasing on the forum.

Gilman clearly qualified his statement, "Well, if what you mean by all-in is...etc etc"

He only agreed to say that they were "all-in" because he knew that it was jargon borrowed from a different game that has no specific meaning in this context!

Which is why he felt free to say it.

Because it means nothing.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I just don't freaking get the going all-in comment when you aren't! :laugh:

I am just so confused.

They tried to get Clowe. They tried to get Torres. Other teams outbid them or the player (Clowe) chose a team that worked better for him. There were like 20 deals in total leading up to the TD and today.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I'm speachless. I dont know what to think. How could we not match the Torres, Pomminville, Jokinen, hell even Gaborik trades? Did we even try?

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
It's just frustrating because I feel like this team was right on the cusp of being a legitimate contender after the Roy trade. They just needed one or two more minor moves to round out the depth.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
You guys are being as emotional as Luongo. Everyone needs to take a deep breath.

Yuup.

People have 'Free Agent Frenzy' adrenaline right now. Luongo WILL be traded. We get one more cup run with him. Enjoy it. You guys need to practice some patience.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
They tried to get Clowe. They tried to get Torres. Other teams outbid them or the player (Clowe) chose a team that worked better for him. There were like 20 deals in total leading up to the TD and today.

Agreed - and they didn't even really get outbid for Clowe - he just had two choices and picked the other team. That's the way it goes sometimes, not many people say no to living in New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad