Speculation: Trade Deadline Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
So... what many experts predicted, has happened now. We got Iginla. I think that anything more than a 7th is too much, I think he has nothing left. But I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong.

And why give up King? Is he an early cap casualty in the resignings of Toffoli and Pearson?

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Hate DL all you want for other deals he has made in the past, but there is absolutely, positively nothing wrong with this deal. We weren't going to resign Dwight King so we used the draft pick from his trade to acquire Iginla, who has a lot more upside than King. Who knows, maybe he clicks with Kopitar, like Lucic did, and ignites something in him. If he is a bust and we don't make the playoffs, we lose no draft pick.

The doom and gloom on this board is ridiculous.

TheBannermen

Aug 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Kings traded:

Dwight King (UFA), Peter Budaj (UFA), Erik Cernak, a conditional 4th and a conditional 7th.

Kings received:

Ben Bishop (UFA, 20% retained), Jerome Iginla (UFA, 50% retained), a conditional 4th and a 5th.

AND THIS is the deadline where people have had enough? Come on, now.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
The Kings are #30th (Vegas is only 4 behind) in players with 10 or more goals, with 4.

Horribad. Stinkosis. Abysmalality.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
In isolation, this trade is okay. Terms are terrific. But in context of the last few years, we're going backward. We're doing a short-term fix again and again and again. I am excited about our defensive young guys, but we need better forward prospects. All we have coming up the next several years are bottom-sixers.

TradeMadeMeSignUp

Jan 6, 2016
People are actually upset that the Kings traded away Dwight King? Who cares how old he is, he was an upcoming free agent and they got a 4th for him (possibly a 3rd). Iginla isn't the answer but that trade might end up costing nothing so it's worth a shot. I want Lombardi gone after this season but I don't really have a proble with today, pretty neutral about it.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Lol just what everyone predicted. This is comical. We won't even make the playoffs. Hahaha. Betcha Iginla's like dear God no!

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
LA is a point out of a spot.

Handcuffed by cap and the inability to move key picks or prospects.

Bishop and Iggy are what you get.

Maybe they sneak in and lock it down on defense.

Changes will happen in the offseason.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
I feel bad for Iginla, because with the way the Kings have been playing they are not going to make the playoffs. If i was him i would have vetoed this trade. He should have went to a contender, and the LA Kings are not contenders.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
The reason Iginla hasn't been productive in COL this season is because he didn't try. Why would he?

He's only one year removed from a 22 goal season. If he's motivated I think he will contribute for us.

I would have preferred it be a lower round pick, but I'm okay with the move.

Why would he try? So someone better than the Kings would trade for him.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
LA is a point out of a spot.

Handcuffed by cap and the inability to move key picks or prospects.

Bishop and Iggy are what you get.

Maybe they sneak in and lock it down on defense.

Changes will happen in the offseason.

In addition to that, changes are already taking place. Look at the D, 3! rookies are playing! A 19/20 year old is on the roster. They're mulling over bringing up another rookie winger! It's not a tear it down and start over rebuild, but they're rebuilding/retooling for sure. If Lombardi can part ways with Gaborik I'll consider this deadline a huge success. I mean the roster is changing, Kopitar has transformed into Perimitar and the Kings are only one point out of the playoffs. They have two number one goalies to help them get to the playoffs who cares if they add old Iginla for free? I thought this season was a lost cause when Quick got hurt and said we were done, sell and retool. Well they're managing to retool and stay competitive. It's not ideal but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad