Speculation: Trade Deadline Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
It's a good trade imo.

You trade a UFA for UFA, with a small possibly of upside. Plus, Iginla is right handed, which we need in our forward group.

Maybe Iginla works his ass off for one last shot in playoffs?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I hope Deano is trying to deal Zatkoff and Purcell for any type of draft pick(s).

It would take a miracle to dump Gaborik today even though there are reports they are trying.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Lombardi is off his rocker. Iginila is almost 40, Bishop is a 30 year old UFA, King is 27 and Kings aren't even in the playoffs.

These are the moves you make when you are IN the playoffs, not out.

King is 27 and what, part of the future of the team?

Anything to rip on Lombardi I guess. No moves? He should've done something! Anything! Even Iginla for nothing! Wake up Deano! Low cost/low risk moves? Why?!?!?! Paying larger prices for rentals? Why?!?!?! Trading a contract for a contract? This isn't making them better! Just shuffling chairs on the Titanic!

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The reason Iginla hasn't been productive in COL this season is because he didn't try. Why would he?

He's only one year removed from a 22 goal season. If he's motivated I think he will contribute for us.

I would have preferred it be a lower round pick, but I'm okay with the move.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
At least we have our health

:laugh: someone above made the point that Vinny was a good rental so Iggy might be too. Good point. But Dean goes rental each year and while there's nothing wrong with the players, we're back where we started the next season. We're not building.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
What are the conditions on the pick in the Iggy deal? If he re-signs (which won't happen) it becomes a 4th? If he retires/leaves as an UFA it gets knocked down to a lower pick?

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
vincent-lecavalier.jpg

ShattStar03

Jul 21, 2008
Claremont, CA
Another stupid transaction to tally on with all the other stupid pick ups that Lombardi made over the summer. I hope Lombardi is gone after this season.

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
What are the conditions on the pick in the Iggy deal? If he re-signs (which won't happen) it becomes a 4th? If he retires/leaves as an UFA it gets knocked down to a lower pick?

If conditions aren't met in Iginla trade...playoff related or he doesn't resign, the 4th round pick disappears. Darren dreger

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
NHL Network referred to the King acquisition as adding sandpaper. Uh, no. Size, yes. Team-first, reliable, low-maintenance, yes. Sandpaper? Not so much.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
This season was lost when Quick's groin broke, and when the rest of the team felt sorry for themselves and stopped finishing. Iginla and Bishop are platitudes that aren't going to amount to much.

Forgotten season is forgotten.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
:laugh: someone above made the point that Vinny was a good rental so Iggy might be too. Good point. But Dean goes rental each year and while there's nothing wrong with the players, we're back where we started the next season. We're not building.

The core is already here, that's why. They're all locked up in big contracts, that's why. The only building they'll do is getting something out of cheaper and younger players that they've drafted. They've added another 3 of those guys this year, plus Ladue, plus Kempe, and Brodzinski might get a shot.

The big contract guys aren't going anywhere, you hope some young guys can come in and do something, and you try and fill a hole or two with rentals. That's pretty much it until the big contracts are gone.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

What exactly are you losing out on this trade? A 4th round shot that is AT BEST 50/50 to make an impact?

Absolutely ZERO wrong with this trade, it doesn't change the fundamental team, it MAY provide a shot in the ass. They still have their young talent,

What exactly are people's issues with this move?

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
So the 4th is entirely conditional on resigning or making playoffs, so it might end up being nothing if we flame out.

How is this a bad deal??

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Gaborik-Kopitar-Iginla
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Clifford-Shore-Brown
Andreoff/Kempe-Dowd-Lewis

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-LaDue
McNabb/Gravel-Martinez

Quick-Bishop

Is that lineup going to be good enough to get this team into the playoffs? Will they be good enough to win a playoff series, let alone more than one playoff game should they get in?

I'm not sure I can confidently say yes to either question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad