Speculation: Trade Deadline Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
the melodramatics in here. lecavalier was old and washed up... he had a great stretch run.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I don't get the upset on Iggy really.

He is likely cheap.

LA isn't getting any extra help.

We all want them to keep picks and prospects.

The Kings are what they are. Likely out in the first round against Minny if they make it.....but you never know.

Iggy is a cheap rental. Not like he is locked up for 10 more years.

This was so obvious.

I don't expect much, but I don't see it being all that detrimental.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
I heard the same comments about Vinny coming here last year. I thought he fit in well. This is a short term patch. It isn't the end of the world.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
It's likely that even with bringing in Igninla their going to bring up Brodizinski as well.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Lombardi is off his rocker. Iginila is almost 40, Bishop is a 31 year old UFA, King is 27 and Kings aren't even in the playoffs.

These are the moves you make when you are IN the playoffs, not out.

These are the moves you make when your 1 point out of the playoff race and don't want to mortgage the future JU...
Bishop's rights could be dealt in the off season or maybe a deal could be struck with LV..
Iginla while old as dirt still has tons of intangibles that can help a team like ours
King is not the same player he was 2 seasons ago, so he had to go and we got a decent pick for him

Also, keep in mind that guys like Kopi, Gabo and Foli have all had down years to put it nicely. While Muzz and Amart has plain sucked and probably cost us twice as many games than the offensive group mentioned above.

For those of you that haven't realized it yet, this is what retooling/rebuilding on the fly looks like and we're still in the playoff hunt.... DL is still among the best in the game so just shut up with all the whining
Derek Forbort
Kevin Gravel
Paul LaDue
Nic Dowd
Adrain Kempe
with a few more kids almost ready to come up, so again let DL do his job because as I've said he's still one of the best in the business...

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Mike Johnson on NHL network - Iginla has only 4 even strength goals, the other 4 are on the power play. He is not a good even strength player.

At worst, its an even trade (Iginla for King). At best, he still has decent hands and who knows what he can do on a better team.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I don't have a problem with it because we didn't give up much of anything (depending on the conditions), but I just don't feel we have improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad