Status
Not open for further replies.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
It's the Slav squat

slavsquat-1-1280x533.jpg

fMMt82b.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
Thanks for the info! Still a tad odd to me.

Reactions: kudymen

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
What about Kevin Hayes? He signed a 1 year deal last year and I haven’t heard any news about contract talks with him. Not sure if that’s good news or bad news but if we grabbed Hayes, Giroux could move back to the wing and extend his career another year or two. Couts Hayes and Patrick would be tough to match up against
I'm in on Hayes. He's probably looking at $6x6 or more. I'd prefer a shorter term but someone will pay him that (probably the Rags).

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’d take Hayes under 7 over Duchesne at 9
I wouldn’t do either.

For reference, $7m was a slight overpayment for JVRs contract (in order to keep the years down and no NTC) and JVR is a FAR more proven player than Hayes.

Never trust a player who suddenly goes nuts in a contract year, like those two guys are. Chances are they can’t repeat it and before this year neither of them are worth close to those numbers.

Hard pass on both.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Kevin Hayes who's never scored 50 points and broke 20 goals only once?

Or Matt Duchene who hasn't broken 60 points in five years and was a combined -56 in the two years before this one?

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I wouldn’t do either.

For reference, $7m was a slight overpayment for JVRs contract (in order to keep the years down and no NTC) and JVR is a FAR more proven player than Hayes.

Never trust a player who suddenly goes nuts in a contract year, like those two guys are. Chances are they can’t repeat it and before this year neither of them are worth close to those numbers.

Hard pass on both.
How in the world can Hayes be worth 7 million? Never had 50 points in a season. He might get 55 or so this year. And he sure isn’t a defensive whizz. Also a bad face-off man if I’m correct from watching him.

Reactions: Striiker

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I wouldn’t do either.

Hard pass on both.

Agreed. Easy pass on both with that $

Dooblus Dooizfour

Nov 5, 2016
I wouldn’t do either.

Hard pass on both.
He wouldn’t repeat this years numbers based on usage alone but I feel he’s becoming the real Kevin Hayes. I have nothing other than a gut feeling to back that up but I would like to see him in this lineup. Obviously Panarin is my first choice but I don’t feel like we have a shot at any of the big names so I thought Hayes would be a good backup plan

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I’m fully prepared for a mediocre move either trade or signing, see one of the biggest things that was sacrificed under Hexy was Philly being a place players wanted to go, yes Hexy did wonders concerning the cap, and drafted well but it somewhat cancels out when you add Hack and the coaching staff, the culture went to shit under that regime, and its going to take time to get it back to a winning culture, which is one of the biggest reasons I can’t let Hexy slide on his time here, he had most of it down to build from within but he got a lot wrong and sacrificed too much trying to rule with an iron fist, rant over

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I do not know.. I feel like doing something crazy like MacDonald for Callahan and a pick and a prospect.
We never see this clown on our team ever again and bring up Myers and Callahan may help out PK (if healthy) and we send Varone back home (I am sick of watching him ).. Maybe Callahan jump starts Vorobyev and Raffl because we do not have 4th line.

Last edited:

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
He wouldn’t repeat this years numbers based on usage alone but I feel he’s becoming the real Kevin Hayes. I have nothing other than a gut feeling to back that up but I would like to see him in this lineup. Obviously Panarin is my first choice but I don’t feel like we have a shot at any of the big names so I thought Hayes would be a good backup plan
Why wouldn’t they have a shot? The team has cap space. Players love it here. Ownership said they want a max cap.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
6.5 for Hayes is the type of contract that gets you in trouble. We have the JVR deal already. Spend the money on top players, not the middle guys.

If you can't get the top guys, look for that 1-2 year stopgap that is way cheaper.

Hayes has never broken the 50 point mark....now this year on pace for 70 points. Buyers beware.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If you like the player then you like the player, nothing wrong with that. I'm not here to tell you who to like or dislike.

All I'm saying is that $7m would objectively be a huge over-payment.

As far as guys like Panarin go, I don't see why we wouldn't have a shot. We have great vets, great youth, a ton of cap space, a big city, and a whole bunch of other stuff big name FAs like. We may not be a favorite to land one of them, but I'd say we have a better shot than most.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
6.5 for Hayes is the type of contract that gets you in trouble. We have the JVR deal already. Spend the money on top players, not the middle guys.

If you can't get the top guys, look for that 1-2 year stopgap that is way cheaper.

Hayes has never broken the 50 point mark....now this year on pace for 70 points. Buyers beware.

Compare them over the past 3 years and you can see the large gap.

90ac5460fce0c84741ec7cd3f5989786.png

b581a5cb0ec09ead90695616da74fb33.png

9cb8d7d7191d2bb02a86d504394e6759.png

Reactions: Defect and Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad