Speculation: Trade Deadline II

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Fast players age better than slow players. That said, Stone is such a unique player I don’t think you can really predict how he will age.

Still prefer Panarin, because he’s the type of talent the Flyers have lacked for year. Panarin-Giroux-TK would be a devastating first line and Panarin on the PP would likely make it a top-5 unit again.

But I’d be happy with either one. Duchene is not going to get Tavares money IMO, he’d be a good signing at $8.5M per year.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I also prefer Panarin, I just dont think we are high on his list. Maybe hiring Q could change that. Definitely think there is smoke to the Panarin and Bob to Florida rumor.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeesh......I like Stone, but he might be one of those guys that just doesn't age well as the game continues to get faster and faster. Considering the contract he'll get as well, it might be best for the Flyers to see if Allison, Laczynski or Ratcliffe become their version of Stone.
That's not even realistic.

Good skater or shitty skater, Stone's always been a good player. Through his age 33 season, I'm going to guess he's still going to be really really good.

If Stone wants to come here, you make it happen. You don't make up reasons why it might not work out. He'll be fresh off of his 27th birthday. Far from the red flag stage of his career. I prefer EK and Panarin, in that order, but Stone is the last one from the UFA crop that really moves the needle for me. The chances any of those guys prefer Philly are probably low, so it's not like the Flyers are going to have to pick or choose.

Last edited:

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
I'd like to pick up Panarin and have him score a hat trick vs the Blue Jackets on the 28th that wins us the game and puts us 4th in the Met....or 3rd. :)

No Bob.

We don't need him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Good skater or ****ty skater, Stone's always been a good player. Through his age 33 season, I'm going to guess he's still going to be really really good.

If Stone wants to come here, you make it happen. You don't make up reasons why it might not work out. He'll be fresh off of his 27th birthday. Far from the red flag stage of his career. I prefer EK and Panarin, in that order, but Stone is the last one from the UFA crop that really moves the needle for me. The chances any of those guys prefer Philly are probably low, so it's not like the Flyers are going to have to pick or choose.
People on this board would hate Karlsson if we got him.

Look at how desperately they want to get rid of Ghost.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Idk I give the people here more credit than that. Ghost isn’t in Karlsson’s class. He’s the best player on the ice almost all the time.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Well, there's a Big 3. Not just Panarin.

But if he doesn't sign here, the next step is to not get desperate and overpay for the next tier of players, especially not after an unsustainable career year. You can get by doing it once (JVR), but you ruin your flexibility for diminishing returns if you repeat it for glorified support players. It isn't the last free agency class with big names. Marquee players get traded too, if you're patient. That's why you patiently collect assets: to pounce.

Just didn’t seem to get a lot of positive vibes on Stone or Skinner. Panarin is the obvious choice but if the Flyers landed Stone it would be a really good fit.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Idk I give the people here more credit than that. Ghost isn’t in Karlsson’s class. He’s the best player on the ice almost all the time.

Credit? The people on here? Have you read how braindead the arguments for trading Ghost are?

These dinosaur-like posters hate Ghost because they think the fact that he's elite offensively means he's bad a liability defensively. It's factually incorrect, but they continue stating the lies as if it's the truth. Keep in mind these are people who use +/- in their arguments.

An even better offensive player would automatically be an even bigger liability defensively, so they'd lose their marbles. Plus, he'd cost more than double the cap hit.

Reactions: Adtar02 and baudib1

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
What the hell is this? Are they catchers? I find that picture odd.

It's the Slav squat

slavsquat-1-1280x533.jpg

fMMt82b.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: kudymen

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017

Good skater or ****ty skater, Stone's always been a good player. Through his age 33 season, I'm going to guess he's still going to be really really good.

what if they dont want to come here, what's plan b do we trade our draft pick for a talented player that's on the block?

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Credit? The people on here? Have you read how braindead the arguments for trading Ghost are?

These dinosaur-like posters hate Ghost because they think the fact that he's elite offensively means he's bad a liability defensively. It's factually incorrect, but they continue stating the lies as if it's the truth. Keep in mind these are people who use +/- in their arguments.

An even better offensive player would automatically be an even bigger liability defensively, so they'd lose their marbles. Plus, he'd cost more than double the cap hit.

Ya maybe. It’s obvious quite a few people here underrate Karlsson.

Reactions: Striiker

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Fast players age better than slow players. That said, Stone is such a unique player I don’t think you can really predict how he will age.

Still prefer Panarin, because he’s the type of talent the Flyers have lacked for year. Panarin-Giroux-TK would be a devastating first line and Panarin on the PP would likely make it a top-5 unit again.

But I’d be happy with either one. Duchene is not going to get Tavares money IMO, he’d be a good signing at $8.5M per year.

Sign me up for Duchene.

JVR-G-TK
Lindblom-Coots-Vora
Duchy-Patrick-Frost

Dooblus Dooizfour

Nov 5, 2016
what if they dont want to come here, what's plan b do we trade our draft pick for a talented player that's on the block?
What about Kevin Hayes? He signed a 1 year deal last year and I haven’t heard any news about contract talks with him. Not sure if that’s good news or bad news but if we grabbed Hayes, Giroux could move back to the wing and extend his career another year or two. Couts Hayes and Patrick would be tough to match up against

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
What about Kevin Hayes? He signed a 1 year deal last year and I haven’t heard any news about contract talks with him. Not sure if that’s good news or bad news but if we grabbed Hayes, Giroux could move back to the wing and extend his career another year or two. Couts Hayes and Patrick would be tough to match up against

yeah i would take him.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sign me up for Duchene.

JVR-G-TK
Lindblom-Coots-Vora
Duchy-Patrick-Frost

You can't put a $9m+ guy on the 3rd line LW.

Giroux-Couturier-Konency
JVR-Duchene-Voracek
Frost/Laughton-Patrick-Lindblom

I'm not gonna assume Frost makes the team as a top 9 player with the way Fletcher is stalling on Myers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->