Speculation: Trade Deadline II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Who knows, but can’t happen. Stone as a UFA would be insane tho, he and Couts on same line would be best line in nhl,

G Couts Stone would never get scored on.

Duchesne is a bad seed, stay away
I really like that line, that’s two 6’3” guys who are defensively sound and offensively good, who could make it hell to olay against THEN still having G on that line good googly moogly that screams one of the best lines in hockey

Did I sell Stone well there?!?

Reactions: bennysflyers16

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Duchene is a bit too enigmatic for my liking.

He is a center who can play wing and is a great skater. I don't want Stone who is slow or Panarin who is 3 years older and can only play wing . I may be wrong but I would go after Duchene.

Reactions: hatcher

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
NEVER sign a guy putting up career numbers in a walk year to a big ticket contract. **Glances from Duchene to Skinner**

In fairness, Skinner has a track record of scoring 30 goals on four separate occasions (one of those seasons is this season and it looks like he'll probably get 40 - 45). I also don't see Skinner getting 9 to 10 million a year. I think 8 might be pushing it with him.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He is a center who can play wing and is a great skater. I don't want Stone who is slow or Panarin who is 3 years older and can only play wing . I may be wrong but I would go after Duchene.

Stone doesn't need speed to be effective, like Couturier and other elite two-way players. His IQ trumps the speed of most NHLers. Panarin is just a much better player than Duchene and its not close. Also not sure where you're getting Panarins age.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Re: Duchene

giphy.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What are we going to do if Panarin doesn’t want to come here

Well, there's a Big 3. Not just Panarin.

But if he doesn't sign here, the next step is to not get desperate and overpay for the next tier of players, especially not after an unsustainable career year. You can get by doing it once (JVR), but you ruin your flexibility for diminishing returns if you repeat it for glorified support players. It isn't the last free agency class with big names. Marquee players get traded too, if you're patient. That's why you patiently collect assets: to pounce.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I think i'd even have Skinner ahead of Duchene to be honest.
Panarin, Stone, Duchene, Skinner would be my targets this summer. In that order.

Karlsson would be nice too but I think he'll sign with San Jose.

Reactions: baudib1

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
See I go Panarin/Stone/EK in any order....but then I don't want Skinner/Duchene and overpay for what they bring. I would be hesitant to that next level or even lower at all since we "technically" can get by with a #3RW...to replace Simmonds.
So maybe you instead go after an undervalued guy that brings way more than his cap hit, even if it's just a 30-40 point guy for a season as long as he produces at ES. A stopgap if you will.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Stone doesn't need speed to be effective, like Couturier and other elite two-way players. His IQ trumps the speed of most NHLers. Panarin is just a much better player than Duchene and its not close. Also not sure where you're getting Panarins age.

Yeesh......I like Stone, but he might be one of those guys that just doesn't age well as the game continues to get faster and faster. Considering the contract he'll get as well, it might be best for the Flyers to see if Allison, Laczynski or Ratcliffe become their version of Stone.

I want no part of Duchene. He thinks he's getting Tavares money and what's scary is that someone will give it to him and there's going to be buyer's remorse.

Honestly, I'd rather the Flyers find that elusive right handed defenseman, find a suitable backup for Hart, continue working young players into the lineup and then re-assessing from there. If they need a player, take advantage of a team that's got a cap pressed situation and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad