Status
Not open for further replies.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
tenor.gif

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Get whatever you can for Simmonds, Gudas........ most of the rest that would be available is junk.
Maybe someone would want a backup goalie for the playoffs ie Elliot.
Maybe someone would take mcdonald if you give them a 4th or something.

lehtera, folin, .......... all junk, hope for cocaine busts

I still stand by the fact I would move Voracheck if the right deal popped up ie some established young player who would be part of the nucleus going forward. Its just a thought. I'm not engaging in a back and forth thing if someone is angry about me having that thought.

off season - I would explore the option of acquiring a young centerpiece. I understand that is difficult. But I would offer the bank for the rights to Hughes or that Finnish chap. OR even Sequin or even throw an offer sheet to Austin Matthews. They need someone to be the #1 center for the next 10 seasons. Again, this is just an idea. I'm not saying its realistic or whatever.

Myers and Morin need to play the last handful of games. Its a joke if they don't, and that would mark my first criticism of Fletcher.
And call up NAK and Vorabev.
The cat is already out of the bag with Carter Hart. I would to tank but its probably not a good idea to send him down. These young players need to have something positive happen during the 2nd half.

Free agents - Panarin I suppose but they really need that centerpiece on the forward side to accompany Carter Hart.

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
I want to see a Ghost/Morin pairing

Ghost is having a down year sure, but so is the whole team with our pathetic coaches. Ghosts contract is a steal that pays right for his production this year ... His year last year at 4.5$ is theft, and when he gets back to that level his contract is gonna be similar to how Simmonds was all these years

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
What is the consensus on adding another Vet Goalie? Are most thinking we ride Hart with Stolie (and I guess Elliot at some point) or do we bring in an Anderson, etc.? Lundy looked pretty good last night from what I saw :) Is he happy with a backup/split role? Could Luongo become available? Is any of it worth it this season considering where we are at???

Chugga Chugga CHOOO CHOOOO

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I doubt that Fletcher moves any of the players that we all want gone at the TDL.
A slug like Lethera will be gone after this season due to his contract expiration, then he'll have to move back to Finland, since no other team in the NHL would be stupid enough to employ him (thanks Hextall).
I truly hope that MacDonald is a buy out!
Simmonds, Hagg, and Raffl might be the only players dealt at the TDL, but I doubt they'll bring back anything other than mid round draft picks.
Weiss and Folin might be dealt for a bag of practice pucks, idk.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
MacDonald is movable with retention, and we have the cap room. A team would take him for d-depth going into this playoffs, and 1 year remaining at $2.5 - someone would do it. FFS, someone signed Manning and then someone else traded for him.

Folin can certainly be moved as depth to a playoff team. Weiss would be a possibility for the same if his contracts was expiring as quickly as his talent.

Raffl would be in a bit of demand for contenders, as he is about the PERFECT depth player for the playoffs - responsible defensively, can contribute up the lineup in a pinch, and on an expiring contract. Lieir is a maybe, but probably a non-issue, as is Varone, but maybe somebody throws a late pick for some speed and depth.

And hopefully Simmer triggers a little bidding war.

Elliott, who knows. But none of our other goalies can/will be moved, except by ambulance.

But Hagg aint moving at the deadline, although he could be part of a trade at the draft, as a young, cost controlled, proven dman. And Gudas should stay unless we are getting a Trouba or something (probably via a different deal maybe at the draft)

An overall haul of a first, two 3rds and some later stuff (or two seconds, 2 thirds and some other) is probably a reasonable haul. But we gotta get our kids on the ice - especially NAK Pimp, Twar, Morin & Myers.

Last edited:

JayB

May 30, 2012
Simmonds for 1st+Fabbro
Gudas for 1st+Liljegren
Raffl for 2nd
Hagg for 2nd

That would fix our RHD problem.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I'm fine with trading anyone not named G, Coots, NP, TK, Lindblom, Hart, Provy, Sanheim or Ghost. JVR probably won't be traded because he was just signed (even though it was Hexy), Voracek should only be traded if they can get an upgrade (won't happen) and Gudas if someone wants to overpay for him.

Simmer obviously has value.
Raffl has some value.
Laughton has some value.
Hagg has some value.

Lehterä and AMac have negative value. If someone is dumb enough to take them, fine.

Frost, Myers and Farabee should not be traded in any realistic case.

Rest of the prospects I'm fine with traiding in a package IF we are getting back good, young NHL player, like Nylander. (Likely will not happen)

Edit. And rest of the goalies can all go for free.

Reactions: Striiker

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I'm fine with trading anyone not named G, Coots, NP, TK, Lindblom, Hart, Provy, Sanheim or Ghost. JVR probably won't be traded because he was just signed (even though it was Hexy), Voracek should only be traded if they can get an upgrade (won't happen) and Gudas if someone wants to overpay for him.

Simmer obviously has value.
Raffl has some value.
Laughton has some value.
Hagg has some value.

Lehterä and AMac have negative value. If someone is dumb enough to take them, fine.

Frost, Myers and Farabee should not be traded in any realistic case.

Rest of the prospects I'm fine with traiding in a package IF we are getting back good, young NHL player, like Nylander. (Likely will not happen)

Edit. And rest of the goalies can all go for free.

i hate to say this but some of the prospects especially the centers have to be traded, i dont know who but this team needs actual wingers not centers into wingers, it's the main why this team is struggling.

there's not enough balance, fletch has to balance the roster with players that can play in the right position in order for this team to compete.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
A slug like Lethera will be gone after this season due to his contract expiration, then he'll have to move back to Finland, since no other team in the NHL would be stupid enough to employ him (thanks Hextall).
Eating Lehtera's contract was the price for getting rid of Schenn's contract and getting, who was it? Oh yeah, FROST and FARABEE. Well worth it, imho.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
i hate to say this but some of the prospects especially the centers have to be traded, i dont know who but this team needs actual wingers not centers into wingers, it's the main why this team is struggling.

there's not enough balance, fletch has to balance the roster with players that can play in the right position in order for this team to compete.
You honestly think the main reason we struggle, is because Giroux and Laughton have been used at wing?

:banghead:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

upload_2019-1-26_9-49-40.gif

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018

I think there's some validity in this comment.
Who was the last Flyer who was a natural winger and who was a sniper?
Leclair, Gagne were drafted as centers

Propp, Kerr, Tocchet, Sinasalo?

Maybe it means nothing but I think somewhere in this post there is a valid point.

Reactions: Insurrection

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
MacDonald is movable with retention, and we have the cap room. A team would take him for d-depth going into this playoffs, and 1 year remaining at $2.5 - someone would do it. FFS, someone signed Manning and then someone else traded for him.

Folin can certainly be moved as depth to a playoff team. Weiss would be a possibility for the same if his contracts was expiring as quickly as his talent.

Raffl would be in a bit of demand for contenders, as he is about the PERFECT depth player for the playoffs - responsible defensively, can contribute up the lineup in a pinch, and on an expiring contract. Lieir is a maybe, but probably a non-issue, as is Varone, but maybe somebody throws a late pick for some speed and depth.

And hopefully Simmer triggers a little bidding war.

Elliott, who knows. But none of our other goalies can/will be moved, except by ambulance.

But Hagg aint moving at the deadline, although he could be part of a trade at the draft, as a young, cost controlled, proven dman. And Gudas should stay unless we are getting a Trouba or something (probably via a different deal maybe at the draft)

An overall haul of a first, two 3rds and some later stuff (or two seconds, 2 thirds and some other) is probably a reasonable haul. But we gotta get our kids on the ice - especially NAK Pimp, Twar, Morin & Myers.

I agree with this. MacDonald could be moved if we retain salary, and he actually would be great depth for a team making a playoff run. But, we would either have to eat a returning bad contract, or retain salary. I don't want to buy him out.

If we don't intend to keep Raffl, he'd bring us something like a 3rd round pick you'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->