Trade Deadline II [Flyers acquire Nate Thompson (Mont.) and Derek Grant (Anah.)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
id rather have JVR in the playoffs
giphy.gif

Reactions: Rebels57 and BigToe

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Can't imagine Calgary moving Gaudreau without getting a blue chip prospect or 1st in return.
Treliving isn’t all that bright. He could do something stupid. The fans were down on Gaudreau this year.

Hockey aside, getting Gaudreau would be an absolutely brilliant marketing move by the team right now.

Reactions: Rebels57

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Treliving isn’t all that bright. He could do something stupid. The fans were down on Gaudreau this year.

Hockey aside, getting Gaudreau would be an absolutely brilliant marketing move by the team right now.

I'm with the others who say that Frost would almost certainly be part of the package.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm with the others who say that Frost would almost certainly be part of the package.
I am not commenting on the wisdom of doing it. For the trade to happen it would have to be a hockey trade since Calgary is still in playoff position and the Flyers lack capspace so that means it’s all nonsense since hockey trades don’t happen anymore. Strictly speaking on the business side, it would be a great move. The Sixers are faltering and the city hasn’t jumped on the Flyers wagon yet. There is a big opening right now.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
How well do you think he would gel with the Flyer forwards compared to the Flames ones?
He gels well in the regular season with the Flames forwards before this season. Then the playoffs start and his size tends to be taken advantage of when the rules seem to change and favor a player like JvR who has had a few good runs the in playoffs instead of going invisible.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He gels well in the regular season with the Flames forwards before this season. Then the playoffs start and his size tends to be taken advantage of when the rules seem to change and favor a player like JvR who has had a few good runs the in playoffs instead of going invisible.

Size doesn't seem to hold a guy like Kane back and he is a similar size and player. There's a lot more that goes into it than "Gaudreau lacks size so he gets pummeled in the playoffs."

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
This thread, man.

I've gone from hating the idea of trading for Carter, to accepting it's going to happen, to loving the trade and what he can do for Frost and the bottom 6 over the next two years, to being tired of watching him burn cap space out there, to calling for a damn buyout.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
maybe trading for Carter is the Flyers way of f*cking with Jeff Carter even more. That would be awesome

edit. then trade him to Columbus this offseason.
I had the idea in my head that they would have a handshake agreement that he would retire or something after this season before they traded for him (similar to Lecavalier) and then Carter just saying "nah i'm good" when the season ended to stick it to the Flyers.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
This thread, man.

I've gone from hating the idea of trading for Carter, to accepting it's going to happen, to loving the trade and what he can do for Frost and the bottom 6 over the next two years, to being tired of watching him burn cap space out there, to calling for a damn buyout.

Don’t fall for it. You want nothing to do with him, and rightfully so.

Commit to the current team, and stay the course.

Reactions: Defect and BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad