Trade Deadline II [Flyers acquire Nate Thompson (Mont.) and Derek Grant (Anah.)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Some say luck. I would say Hagg is twice as good offensively. Did you see him miss the net on purpose instead of shooting it into a defender’s shin pads the other night?
Good point.

And the on-ice sv % gap is also because he's superior defensively, to Gardiner and the rest of our D. Remember last game when he stuck his stick out and stopped a prime scoring chance in the defensive zone? Which was even possible in the first place because he lost his man while just standing around and let the guy get behind him?

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm a little disappointed in all of us that no one is taking this as a sure sign he'll be a Flyer.

Calgary is on the Chiarelli list of every day calls for me.

I mean, they lost the probable Norris leader for the rest of the year, but carry on. I know it's your schtick.

Don't get so defensive about the Hurricanes. You know I love bustin' their balls. :laugh:

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
If they could make a deal around Ghost and JVR for Gaudreau I’d be all for it. Frost wouldn’t be needed to move though for Gaudreau and he shouldn’t be. Frost/Couts/Hayes are our future down the middle for the next few seasons. (Patrick wing)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If they could make a deal around Ghost and JVR for Gaudreau I’d be all for it. Frost wouldn’t be needed to move though for Gaudreau and he shouldn’t be. Frost/Couts/Hayes are our future down the middle for the next few seasons. (Patrick wing)

Can't imagine Calgary moving Gaudreau without getting a blue chip prospect or 1st in return.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Continue here.

giphy.gif

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I’ve seen people clamoring for Derek Grant elsewhere on the internets. I....don’t understand?

If this team makes a move, & he’s that move, it’s a total bottom move by the GM. Dude would be the ultimate non-needle moving acquisition.

- Shot Metrics are & have been shit
- He’s been traded a few times already too

4596C5DA-F756-4352-9E84-31FD3A7CEF43.jpeg

27736170-03A9-4C3A-91EB-099A4DB6F4FB.jpeg

Grant doesn’t provide a tangible upgrade in the bottom 6. While 5v5 goal differential isn’t great on it’s own, it is still important to include it to cover all the bases. His lines regularly get outscored, outshot, & outchanced with him out there. Why add that to this team?

*Only seems to provide value on the PK....which for the first season in his career (2019-2020), he has done. Oh, & he wins faceoffs. He’s garbage at 5v5 though. So, again.....why would anyone wants this player?*

Last edited:

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
JG is from NJ; add 7 firsts.

Is he really from NJ? That is crazy. So cool, he must definitely want to be a Flyer
His little brother Matt asked to be re-assigned to the Royals when he was sent down from the AHL. He said at the pre-season golf tournament that was mainly because he is getting married this year, so he wanted to be able to get home to NJ easily. Johnny is probably going to be in the wedding...

Reactions: SnS and Curufinwe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->