GDT: Trade Deadline February 24, 2020: post all ye info here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Agreed. Sakic also did nothing which was a mistake imo.

Bergevin did say a team offered a 1st & prospect for Tatar. Have to wonder if that was Colorado and who the prospect was. I'm guessing Jost, which if it was, I agree with MB with that no, especially considering what other players of lesser talent were getting.

If Timmins, Byram or Newhook was offered Tatar probably would be an Av.

I'm ok with waiting. People were pissed off that Pacioretty didn't get traded at the deadline but MB got a great offer from Vegas late summer.

We'll see, I guess.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
That is rather selective. look at the bigger picture.

Bigger picture wise I see our best prospects maturing in time for Price & Weber's real bad years - in 2022+. Huge misfire in timing here. They won't be able to compete. Not now, not in the next 8 either if major moves aren't made.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Bergevin did say a team offered a 1st & prospect for Tatar. Have to wonder if that was Colorado and who the prospect was. I'm guessing Jost, which if it was, I agree with MB with that no, especially considering what other players of lesser talent were getting.

If Timmins, Byram or Newhook was offered Tatar probably would be an Av.

I'm ok with waiting. People were pissed off that Pacioretty didn't get traded at the deadline but MB got a great offer from Vegas late summer.

We'll see, I guess.
He did?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Excuse my ignorance since I don't watch a lot of Sharks' games, but size aside, what does Goodrow bring that makes him worth a 1st compared to Cousins 4th?

He's a tough guy banger that can play a 4th line role unlike a lot of other goons. Think a better version of Deslauriers. He'll protect guys.

Bruins also got tougher with Ritchie. The Metro plays a hard physical game. Atlantic teams needs to gear up for that as one of TB or Boston will play a Metro team in 1st round.

Reactions: Zam Boni

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
So Bergy probably had a second on the table for Kovy, but Kovy really wanted to go to the Caps and he traded him for a lesser return out of what exactly?? A skewered sense of loyalty for signing with us originally?

You want loyalty Bergy, get a dog esti!

This is a business, you get the best possible return no matter who's feelings you hurt.

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Not sure if this has been brought up yet. Soo sorry if so.

HOW the the MFing GDang FKing HELL does ERIK GUSTAFSSON get traded FOR A 3rd!!!

AND MFing Marc Bergevin isn't all over that getting it done. 14 Fing picks. THIS really boils my blood.

I hate to quote that douche Marinaro, but.. IS THIS A JOKE!!

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

AND MFing Marc Bergevin isn't all over that getting it done. 14 Fing picks. THIS really boils my blood.

Because he's absolutely atrocious defensively, overrated offensively and a pure rental.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

He's a UFA, who the f*** cares ?

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015

We'll see, I guess.[/QUOTE]

We got very lucky, Bergy took a perennial 35+ goal scorer and devalued him to an A-/B+ prospect a cap dump and a pick. Luckily for us the cap dump worked out and the prospect seems to be progressing extremely well. But let's not pretend like MB didn't devalue Patches to Coleman levels.....

Reactions: Miller Time

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
We got very lucky, Bergy took a perennial 35+ goal scorer and devalued him to an A-/B+ prospect a cap dump and a pick. Luckily for us the cap dump worked out and the prospect seems to be progressing extremely well. But let's not pretend like MB didn't devalue Patches to Coleman levels.....
if anything trading Max in the middle of his worst season in his career would've been the wrong move. Being patient paid off.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I'm not even phased anymore. The lack of shits I give for the team and game that was once the center-point for my entertainment hours is mind-blowing. There isn't a single player on this team that I would have missed if he got traded. Not one. Not even Suzuki. I'm not even slightly surprised that another opportunity to build and correct this mammoth mess has been passed up. I don't care who we draft, because we destroy every kid we pick anyway. This is a strange time. UFA's? Whatever. More tiny reclamation scrubs for the bottom six. So what!

The hotdogs didn't even improve by much...

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Winners:

1- New Jersey: Find excellents values in a seller market for Vatanen, Coleman and
2- Carolina: Skjei is an excellent add for correct value, Trochek is a great add andthey win the trade, Vatanen is a good add, like the prospect switch Keane vs Gauthier who respect the needs.
3- Islanders: Find the best UFA eligible, spent a 1st and 2nd which is perfect value and extend the contract. Find also Andy Green in a pure overpayment but on a short market for LD.

On a good note:

- San Jose: Definiytly steels the show with the value received for Goodrow, great value for Dillon
- Washington, for their move on Kovy for great value, also like Dillon
- Anaheim: For the value receives for Kase, Milano trade an Heinen trade
- Minnesota: For what they have received For Zucker

Losers:
1- Tampa: Spent 3x 1st picks for Coleman and Goodrow is bad
2-Avalanches: Top contender who miss the boat
3- Stars: Missing the parade

On a bad note, all these bottoms and middles teams who cannot take benefits of a sellers market
Ottawa ?

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
So maybe Julien BriseBois isn’t the genius some of us thought he was.

Imagine trading a 1st round pick for a 4th line player.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So maybe Julien BriseBois isn’t the genius some of us thought he was.

Imagine trading a 1st round pick for a 4th line player.
Ya he might be even worse than Bergevin although it's too early. What a disaster he's been so far. Would be nice to have a competent french speaking GM available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad