GDT: Trade Deadline Day

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm not expecting much from the Habs today.

They really only have one true rental in Drouin and he's pretty much cooked at this point. I'd take anything for him.

Monahan also UFA to be but who the hell knows what his status is.

Doubt they trade Belzile and maybe they could flip Tierney for a very late round pick.

They've got some more interesting names with term.

Edmundson seems the most likely to go and the others not so much.

Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised today.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Well We GIFs | Tenor

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
LeBrun did a segment on RDS, saying that he heard Calgary talk to Habs about Edmundson in the last 48 hours, but they wanted to see him play first.

But then he added the the Flames are not going great now so he's not sure they'd be willing to pay the price because they might miss the playoffs.

Martin Lemay did add that Treliving is in the final year of his contract, so ge might want to give it one last go.

LeBrun added that if the price isn't met, Habs will keep Edmundson because they're not desperate to move him.

LeBrun also added that there isn't much of a market for Drouin. That maybe towards the end of the day, a team who misses out on someone might turn to Jo.

He also mentioned chances to see Monahan move are really slim.

He ended it by staying chances are Habs have a quiet TDL.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
LeBrun did a segment on RDS, saying that he heard Calgary talk to Habs about Edmundson in the last 48 hours, but they wanted to see him play first.

But then he added the the Flames are not going great now so he's not sure they'd be willing to pay the price because they might miss the playoffs.

Martin Lemay did add that Treliving is in the final year of his contract, so ge might want to give it one last go.

LeBrun added that if the price isn't met, Habs will keep Edmundson because they're not desperate to move him.

LeBrun also added that there isn't much of a market for Drouin. That maybe towards the end of the day, a team who misses out on someone might turn to Jo.

He also mentioned chances to see Monahan move are really slim.

He ended it by staying chances are Habs have a quiet TDL.
This would make me so happy I would f***ing cry I swear to god

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Alright, so I guess only Ylonen can be sent down to help, but I'm guessing they can't do that with the game tonight.

Ylonen, RHP, Barron, Belzile & Pitlick.

However, after the TDL, teams are only allowed 4 regular recalls. So if they send them down, some of them would have to stay there. Unless they keep some with the Habs and choose to not send them back to Laval, even for playoffs.

Of course, emergency recalls don't count among the 4 recalls, but a team would have to be in a bind to make an emergency recall. They can't do it simply to bypass their limit of 4.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Ylonen, RHP, Barron, Belzile & Pitlick.

However, after the TDL, teams are only allowed 4 regular recalls. So if they send them down, some of them would have to stay there. Unless they keep some with the Habs and choose to not send them back to Laval, even for playoffs.

Of course, emergency recalls don't count among the 4 recalls, but a team would have to be in a bind to make an emergency recall. They can't do it simply to bypass their limit of 4.
Yeah.

I don't think Laval is getting help.

At least the playoffs should be good

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
What’s the best app to use for trade alerts? The score doesn’t seem to want to tell me anything even with notifications turned on

Reactions: KKWG11

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Is there a way to turn off the « live » fonction of a thread? If a mod could lmk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad