GDT: Trade Deadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Or maybe we value defensive depth for the PO's.

Or they're trying to figure out if he can handle the minutes that might have gone to Tinordi if we trade him.

Yes and yes. I'm liking Pateryn more than I expected to. We really REALLY need some physical balance on our D to complement all the PMDs. But the fact remains we have a huge surplus of NHL-ready dmen - somebody could be moved and we'd still have injury depth, even before needing to dip into Hamilton for Tinordi. We either dangle one of them today, or else they stay in the press box and never see a minute of playoff time.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I think Tinordi is a guy that if you trade him, you regret it in 3-4 years when he's an elite shutdown guy with an edge.

If he is traded it better be for a huge asset.

You're assuming he'll hit his absolute best-case-scenario ceiling when, if we're honest with ourselves, he hasn't shown anything close to hitting that yet. He could just as easily max out as a middling #6 guy who's forgotten about in a few years a la O'Byrne.

Again, I wouldn't give Tinordi away, but in the right deal for a proven top six forward with term, for example? By all means.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
yup, came to post this. im hoping Emelin is the odd man out, i'd be happy if we got a 5th round pick for him tbh.. terrible contract.

Emelin was playing well before he got hurt. I think we need his physicality, I wouldn't dump him. Maybe in a "hockey deal" with an asset coming back.

I have a lot of confidence in a possible O'Reilly deal now.

Overrated and too much of a cap hit. I don't think I would like the price for him, then he will want to make a fortune in 2016 as a FA.

According to TSN 690 the Flames are kicking the tires for Eller and Emelin, the guy said he knew it for a fact

Hudler is about the only guy I could see a fit.

Backlund-Eller maybe?

Everyone's talking about Tinordi, but the Habs have been playing the hell out of Pateryn. Showcasing him for a trade perhaps??

Pateryn is more poilished and older(24) I think they wanted a look at him and he's been solid. I think he is cemeting a spot on the roster next year replacing Weaver.

Parenteau out please. Will anybody take him for a 5th?

I think the habs would have to eat another contract or keep some cap hit.

Not sure Parenteau has any value right now.

Belesky available....D-man available.

Anaheim needs depth on D, Gilbert-Belesky?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yes and yes. I'm liking Pateryn more than I expected to. We really REALLY need some physical balance on our D to complement all the PMDs. But the fact remains we have a huge surplus of NHL-ready dmen - somebody could be moved and we'd still have injury depth, even before needing to dip into Hamilton for Tinordi. We either dangle one of them today, or else they stay in the press box and never see a minute of playoff time.

It's the point, you hope there's no injuries but if there is, were not screwed.
:biglaugh:

I'm now convinced you have never, ever watched Jordan Eberle play if you think he's softer and worse defensively.

Eberle is soft as hell though. He might be fast and skilled, but I don't think were better off with him in our top 6 if we keep DD and Parenteau

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I really don't get your love for Eberle.... He's literally a faster DD and he might be softer and worse defensively.

Eberle is not a perfect player by any means but where are you suggesting we find a 70+ point scorer who's a great two-way player and tough as nails? They're not out there.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I really don't get your love for Eberle.... He's literally a faster DD and he might be softer and worse defensively.

He's younger than DD, a sure fire 60pts guys with talent to top 70-80pts. Signed long term... aside from his size, I don't know excatly why you wouldn't like him. I'm really tired of these size-but-no-talent lovers... We already traded for DSP, now leave us alone and hope for talent in this lineup. :shakehead

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 2m2 minutes ago View translation
Il semble que le Canadien tente d'échanger Parenteau.

Lavoie also tweeted this a few hours ago. Not surprised. He was cleared for contact and the team still didn't play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad