Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day/Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Green traded to Edmonton for not a ton, this is getting CRAZY out there

Trades just LITERALLY pooring out right now

jesus. the gms should save some action for tommorow!. imm gonna put a guess out there. 25 trades involving 16picks. prospects I could care less.

vancouver should be able to make a move like that. maybe roussel? cap dump for???

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Toronto is literally tied with us in points.

Are you being serious right now? Trying to downplay Tampa and Boston is outrageous, they’re by far better than anyone in the Pacific.

They are both Stanley Cup contenders. Both have had issues at various points in the season, Boston couldn't close teams out and Tampa wasn't even in the playoff picture for a while. The Metro is a far tougher division to make top 3. Toronto is there by default because the Panthers and Sabres have been hot garbage. Are the Bruins and Lightning both as good as their records indicate, or have they been beating up on 4 mediocre teams, 1 bad team and 1 'worst NHL team in 10 years' team?

The Pacific, being a 'weak' division, could still end up sending 5 playoff teams out of 8, while the Central has only 7 teams, making the top 3 that much easier to attain.

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
Have a feeling there's not gonna be many deals tomorrow. I'll bet 12 tops. Biggest one will be Kreider as expected.

Reactions: David71

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Not sure I like Simmonds as an option. If the cost is low then he's ok and is sort of like a younger Eriksson to me. 100% rental.

I feel like the Nucks need some d-help ... but I don't see any incredible fit out there due to huge salaries on the D that teams have missing the playoffs.

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
I don't watch Detroit but how has Mike Green been for them these days?

Just looking at EDM's roster, I don't see any defensemen with Mike Green's skillset. And obviously extra depth never hurts, especially when the cost is that low.

on a sidenote, Mike Green was one of my favourite players during his prime WSH days. Sucks seeing him on the oilers, bleh

LickTheEnvelope

Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Drafting Hughes and Petterson has made up for a lot of mistakes. I would say it has made up for all the mistakes. Hughes is an elite dman who is likely worth then both Thachuk's by himself. We likely got our franchise best d man and center in back to back drafts. The biggest mistakes of Benning is the OJ pick, the Ericksson signing and then Gradbranson trade. Hughes and Petterson have made up for first two, through ELC production. and Pearson largely made up for 3rd big mistake. You can now argue team is where it should be in a good rebuild. Sutter Beagle and Sven are cap issues tbd still but should not kill rebuild.

Frankly I think the Miller trade has made up for a lot of issues. Lots of picks and players were spent trying to find a guy who could be what JT miller is.

Markstrom, Miller and Hughes are the stars this year.

LickTheEnvelope

Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I don't watch Detroit but how has Mike Green been for them these days?

Just looking at EDM's roster, I don't see any defensemen with Mike Green's skillset. And obviously extra depth never hurts, especially when the cost is that low.

on a sidenote, Mike Green was one of my favourite players during his prime WSH days. Sucks seeing him on the oilers, bleh

Detroit fans say Green is basically done. -32 and has been brutal all year.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
i guess he makes their pp even deadlier

Still need guys to play some defence so if all he offers is some help on the PP how many goals against will it cost taking that advantage away.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I'm not sure which surprises me more, that Mike Green is still a player that teams trade for at the deadline, or that Kyle Brodziak is apparently still around.

Reactions: Bubbles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad