Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day/Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
What would a cap relief trade for Simmonds look like? I think we could probably shop out Leivo now, so he could be a sweetener. Who would be the most likely cap dump? Eriksson? Baertschi? Sutter?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Sekeres said yesterday he is of the opinion the Canucks will move Boeser and are not enamoured with him.

Hoping Benning really f*cks up and trades him for garbage.
Sekeres is a knob. He’s not an insider. He tries to stir things up with his ridiculous muppet voice/opinion. Wouldn’t read a single thing into that.

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Imagine Jim moves a bunch of assets for win now pieces while not addressing our future cap problems at all?

Reactions: mriswith

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I cant even imagine what a boeser trade would look like?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
must be nice to have Bettman gift expansion benefits and move the goal posts moved to ensure success.

IMO it’s on the NHL teams for making terrible decisions during the expansion draft, and full credit to VGK for absolutely taking full advantage of the rules and having good pro scouting reads on all of the players they selected.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
IMO it’s on the NHL teams for making terrible decisions during the expansion draft, and full credit to VGK for absolutely taking full advantage of the rules and having good pro scouting reads on all of the players they selected.
Yup too many teams were stubborn and short sighted. A lot of those players could’ve been traded between the other 30 teams and put themselves in a situation where they aren’t getting boned by Vegas. Teams like the Canucks should’ve been more aggressive On defenseman while teams teams like the wild or isles should’ve been more aggressive at moving defenseman. It was just bazaar watching all the teams lining up to be boned by Vegas when they could’ve found mutual arrangements with other clubs.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
What is this?

Your benning hate is so strong that you want him to mess up on one of our franchise players just so you can justify your hate for him? yeesh

yeah, at this point Benning has already been here for long enough that he’s very likely going to get fired within the next 2-3 years anyway. It’s insane to wish for the Canucks to get bent over in a trade with one of their young stars just to get Benning fired a year or 2 sooner.

whoshouse

Aug 13, 2004
I cant even imagine what a boeser trade would look like?

Most likely a team with an abundance of Dmen. I would target Rangers for Lundkvist or DeAngelo. Or Avalanche with Timmins. Maybe Philly with Myers. Most likely won’t get the value you’d want with Boeser due to this season and teams looking for centres as opposed to wingers.

Now knowing Benning. He’s most likely looking at Dmen who are already established. And Bennings judge of talent in Dmen is a little alarming. Especially in terms of pro scouting. In that case, I would assume he trades for Dmen like Trouba or Yandle.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
yeah, at this point Benning has already been here for long enough that he’s very likely going to get fired within the next 2-3 years anyway. It’s insane to wish for the Canucks to get bent over in a trade with one of their young stars just to get Benning fired a year or 2 sooner.

Even if Benning isnt getting fired, there should no reason someone is actively cheering for something bad to happen to the franchise and its franchise players just for a personal vendetta. That's when you know that Jim Benning is living "rent free" as the kid like to say these days.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Why is there Boeser talk in a trade dealdine thread?

nobody is going to trade for an injured Boeser right now.

Our likely candidates to be shipped are Stecher, Gaudette and prospects not named Pods or Hogs.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I see several writers, including Carol Schram at Hockey-Buzz, are all over the rumor that it's playoffs or bust for the current regime....and that even with the extension Benning signed, if the Canucks falter down the stretch and miss again, his head could be on the block as well.

Rumors at this time are a 'dime a dozen' but I really hope that Benning doesn't do something really dumb if he thinks his job is on the line.

member 290103

What is this?

Your benning hate is so strong that you want him to mess up on one of our franchise players just so you can justify your hate for him? yeesh

No, so others can see the light and so he will get fired once and for all.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I see several writers, including Carol Schram at Hockey-Buzz, are all over the rumor that it's playoffs or bust for the current regime....and that even with the extension Benning signed, if the Canucks falter down the stretch and miss again, his head could be on the block as well.

Rumors at this time are a 'dime a dozen' but I really hope that Benning doesn't do something really dumb if he thinks his job is on the line.

dumb like trading a first, second, third and top 3 prospect to have a shot at the playoffs.....or dare we say worse than that lol

Also I wonder if benning is willing to trade our first with the opposite protections we sent to tampa (now with NJ) aka if we miss they get our first this year and if we make it our first next year.

that first plus gaudette should get him the player he wants lol

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
No, so others can see the light and so he will get fired once and for all.

I know its all hypothetical but

why wouldnt you just wish you were wrong and Canucks win the cup?

instead you're wishing you're right, benning is wrong and Canucks get screwed?

you dont see anything wrong with that? just sounds like you've lost the real purpose of being a fan of the Canucks and loving hockey thats all.

cheers though to each their own.

Reactions: geebaan

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I know its all hypothetical but

why wouldnt you just wish you were wrong and Canucks win the cup?

instead you're wishing you're right, benning is wrong and Canucks get screwed?

you dont see anything wrong with that? just sounds like you've lost the real purpose of being a fan of the Canucks and loving hockey thats all.

cheers though to each their own.

We have seen benning gm this team long enough to know him screwing up a boeser trade is more likely than him leading this team to a cup

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
dumb like trading a first, second, third and top 3 prospect to have a shot at the playoffs.....or dare we say worse than that lol

Also I wonder if benning is willing to trade our first with the opposite protections we sent to tampa (now with NJ) aka if we miss they get our first this year and if we make it our first next year.

that first plus gaudette should get him the player he wants lol

dumb?

k wait, so are you complaining we traded our 1st and 3rd for JT miller ? dude is almost PPG while being young and on a ridiculous cost controlled contract.

If we flipped him right now i guarantee we get a 1st, 2nd and top prospect. Just look what Zucker got, JT would get more.

Tofolli trade, sure thats up for debate...

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
We have seen benning gm this team long enough to know him screwing up a boeser trade is more likely than him leading this team to a cup

one is not exclusive to the other. Benning can get fired without having to screw up Boeser which is what the poster said he hopes to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad