Pre-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day is here! - All trade discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I've done that before and been sorely disappointed at the lack of trade activity or significant players moving.

Yet every year I schedule my day around the deadline.

Some day itll be all worth it.
It usually is worth it- TSN keeps it light and funny

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Interesting we haven't really heard whether or not this changes Nill's plans. I assume we won't see anything but I hope he's looking

I imagine Nill and Lites got black out drunk before Zucc even got hurt celebrating hard. Hopefully they sober up before the deadline ends

Serious note, at least try and grab Brassard

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Honka for Milano and get one of the guys you should’ve drafted over Honka to begin with.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I doubt that's a starter. He's injured right now, but Milano is having a great year in the AHL. He's also younger. Honka's value is really low.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
I doubt that's a starter. He's injured right now, but Milano is having a great year in the AHL. He's also younger. Honka's value is really low.
Unfortunately, you’re right. I’d give up a pick for Milano easily though.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Sounds like the 3rd turns into a 2nd if SJ resigns him

Maybe it turns into a 1st like the Zucc deal though or is based on playoff success. Honestly I'm kinda shocked this is all it took. That's not much at all really.

Wtf is Brassard gonna bring

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Maybe it turns into a 1st like the Zucc deal though or is based on playoff success. Honestly I'm kinda shocked this is all it took. That's not much at all really.

Guess not many teams were interested, because that doesnt seem that steep

Why not wait until Ott moves Stone and wait for a desperate GM to overpay

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Nill better make some moves. I don’t care if it’s dirt for Vanek. Injuries to Benn And Zuccarello will cause this team to pack it in if he doesn’t acquire additional help.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So Brassard will cost what? A 3rd round pick? Conditional 3rd maybe?

Sharks fans are so lucky

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I guess for all we know maybe Nyquist wasn't willing to come here. Kinda doubt it but maybe

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

I guess for all we know maybe Nyquist wasn't willing to come here. Kinda doubt it but maybe

I was about to say, I bet he was only going to waive for a legitimate contender. I'd imagine we don't quite fit that. Probably reduced his value a fair bit, hence getting slightly less in return than Zuccarello did.

Sucks, would've loved to add him. We couldn't match that though, and that was all assuming we were even an option for him.

Hoping for Brassard now. Honka + something pls

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I was about to say, I bet he was only going to waive for a legitimate contender. I'd imagine we don't quite fit that. Probably reduced his value a fair bit, hence getting slightly less in return than Zuccarello did.

Sucks, would've loved to add him. We couldn't match that though, and that was all assuming we were even an option for him.

Hoping for Brassard now. Honka + something pls

I think Nill will look at our 3rd period against Chicago and think we battled hard enough in it and looked good enough offensively to play good enough defensive/safe hockey until Zuccarello returns. I think this because it's basically what Monty said.

It's sad but I'd say there's a 95% chance we see absolutely nothing from him tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I assume tomorrow morning or closer to the deadline Nill will come out and tell the media that he is in fact done and won't be making anymore moves despite the injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad