Pre-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day is here! - All trade discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Continuation of this thread: Speculation: - 2018-19 Trade Discussion & Speculation

Continue here. I'm going to sticky the first post and do my best to keep the OP updated with the latest Stars' trade news.

Trade Deadline: Monday, Feb. 25th at 3 PM EST (2 PM CST)

2018-19 NHL Trade Tracker
https://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
When is the NHL trade deadline 2019? Date, latest news, rumors, top sellers

Stars linked to Panarin and Zuccarello
Stars and Kings scouting each other heavily (Carter? Toffoli?)

Proposal: - Dal & LA

Stars acquire Ben Lovejoy

Confirmed with Link: - [DAL/NJ] Connor Carrick, 2019 DAL 3rd for Ben Jovejoy

Stars still plan to add forward before the deadline

Notable Trades and News:
- MIN-BOS: Charlie Coyle for Ryan Donato + 5th
- CBJ-OTT: Vitaly Abramov, Jonathan Davidsson, 2019 CBJ 1st, and Cond. 2020 CBJ 1st (on Duchene re-signing) for Matt Duchene and Julius Bergman
- CBJ-OTT: Ryan Dzingel and 2019 7th round pick for 2020 and 2021 2nd round picks and Anthony Duclair
- CBJ-NJ: Keith Kinkaid for 2022 5th round pick
- DET-SJS: Gustav Nyquist[30% Retained] for 2019 2nd, 2020 3rd
- WSH-DET: Nick Jensen and 2019 DET 5th for Madison Bowey and 2019 WSH 2nd. WSH then re-signs Nick Jensen to 4 year, 10M (2.5M AAV) deal
- ANA-BUF: Brandon Montour for Brendan Guhle + 2019 1st (SJ or STL)

Forwards sitting: Mark Stone, Kevin Hayes, Marcus Johansson, Derick Brassard

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Who is going to be a Dallas Star come next week?

I'm gonna say Zuccarello, Johannson, and McQuaid.

Backup plan: Dzingel, Burakovsky, Ceci

Zuccarello
Panarin
Hayes
Kreider
Stone
Duchene
Dzingel
Johannson
Burakovsky
Toffoli
Namestnikov
Simmonds
Nyquist
Henrique
Silfverberg
Brassard
Hoffman
Someone else?

Dmen:
McQuaid
Martinez
Green
Shattenkirk
Edler
Tanev
Ceci
Hamilton
Faulk
Someone else?

Or....no one at all?

Last edited:

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
How about a Wings-Stars blockbuster where Dallas acquires Andreas Athanasiou, Gustav Nyquist, & Thomas Vanek?

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Surprised some of you think Nill will actually pull off two trades. I could see him being satisfied with just getting one top 6 forward and think that’ll be enough.

Reactions: Kcb12345

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Why would we add Ceci, he's barely(if any) an upgrade on Oleksiak

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Who is going to be a Dallas Star come next week?

I'm gonna say Zuccarello, Johannson, and McQuaid.

Backup plan: Dzingel, Burakovsky, Ceci

Zuccarello
Panarin
Hayes
Kreider
Stone
Duchene
Dzingel
Johannson
Burakovsky
Toffoli
Namestnikov
Simmonds
Nyquist
Henrique
Silfverberg
Brassard
Hoffman
Someone else?

Dmen:
McQuaid
Martinez
Green
Shattenkirk
Edler
Tanev
Ceci
Hamilton
Faulk
Someone else?

Or....no one at all?
I’ll go Burakovsky plus a cheap rental.

Basically whoever is left right at the Deadline. Someone that won’t require a 1st.
Maybe Brassard, Johansson, Dzingel.

Backup Plan: Chaisson, Vanek, Hagelin

Prediction Is Burakovsky & Brassard

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Ranger fan...I tell you looking at the stat of GA you guys are second....and goals scored 3rd from bottom. Common sense says you need scoring. I remembered a game earlier in the season at msg you guys looked like a shut down team. Tight gaps,tough,size and grit. You should try to go for it. Hayes and Zuke is exactly what you need.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ranger fan...I tell you looking at the stat of GA you guys are second....and goals scored 3rd from bottom. Common sense says you need scoring. I remembered a game earlier in the season at msg you guys looked like a shut down team. Tight gaps,tough,size and grit. You should try to go for it. Hayes and Zuke is exactly what you need.

It would give us a 2nd line that's for sure. I'd love to somehow get them both but not sure Nill has that same plan (he wants a top 4 dman, so unlikely he targets 2 high end top 6 guys). They both make so much sense though and would be good fits

Reactions: cheech70

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

Errr...this team doesn't believe in common sense. Have you seen its drafting?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
When the Cowboys this past season needed a wide receiver Jerry Jones at least went out and picked one up.

What you gonna do Nill? Wait till the deadline and get another bottom six forward, maybe a top 4 d-man.

Screw it, we’re done anyways.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
When the Cowboys this past season needed a wide receiver Jerry Jones at least went out and picked one up.

What you gonna do Nill? Wait till the deadline and get another bottom six forward, maybe a top 4 d-man.

Screw it, we’re done anyways.
Sure carried the cowboys deep into the playoffs.. oh. Wait. Um..

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Surprised some of you think Nill will actually pull off two trades. I could see him being satisfied with just getting one top 6 forward and think that’ll be enough.

That's all I can see him doing, as well. For a guy not willing to give up future assets to make 2 such deals would be strange, even given a probably directive from TG to do something. Besides, why add D? Seems like you keep your strength and add to your weakness. While the D isn't perfect, only a few teams go into the playoffs without some weak areas of the roster.

See where Neal got hurt last night, sadly putting CAL in the FW trade game, and thus raising prices even more, which further limits Nill's options.

Reactions: MBTendy

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I do find myself wondering about their interest in Panarin. They need a goal scorer, and even Nyquist and a few others seem to have more assists than goals. If we can't finish on passes from our current guys, why do we think we will be able to finish on Nyquist's passes any better? Seems like we ought to go for the best pure goal scorer out there and hope he gets or stays hot for the last 20+ games.

Or, like Tavares and Karlsson, maybe its just an old school PR move to tell fans, well at least we tried.

Oh well, either way, based on history, I am headed for my least productive week of the year....sad face.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Sure carried the cowboys deep into the playoffs.. oh. Wait. Um..
They at least made the playoffs and won a game. Stars look they’re going fall out and miss the postseason all together. I think Colorado will make a trade, get a surge and grab one wild card spot leaving one open. Looks like Vancouver will get second if the Stars don’t pull their head out of their ass.

Hope I’m wrong

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Shapiro says a rental Panarin would cost something around:

2019 1st
Robertson
Hintz/Gurianov
And more.

I'd rather target Zuccarello and Hayes for even cheaper and take a chance at re-signing them and give us a legit full 2nd line I think...that's a hefty but realistic price for Panarin that I'm just not sure is worth the risk although he'd be arguably our best player.

Or target Zuccarello and Hoffman or something

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Shapiro says a rental Panarin would cost something around:

2019 1st
Robertson
Hintz/Gurianov
And more.

I'd rather target Zuccarello and Hayes for even cheaper and take a chance at re-signing them and give us a legit full 2nd line I think...that's a hefty but realistic price for Panarin that I'm just not sure is worth the risk although he'd be arguably our best player.

Or target Zuccarello and Hoffman or something
How do we fit Zucc and Hayes under the limbo stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad