GDT: Trade Deadline Day Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
since 2016, Leafs are 9-6 vs Boston in reg season, and then with a 4-3 L in the playoffs, would be 12-10. ZOMG boston like totally PWNZ this team whatever are the LAUGHSZ gonna do? fickle fans.

0xdj8gF.png

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
TSN just said leafs have called about Wayne Simmonds.

Yeah they are calling on guys with size, skill, and balls. They should be if they can get a guy for a 2nd rounder and a conditional pick like some of these deals. They know they are likely playing Boston and are going into the playoffs without a single guy on the roster who would stick up for themselves. Adding Simmonds is huge especially if we can play him with Matthews and let Matthews play a bit taller.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Leafs swept the Bruins last year in the regular season, that goes to show you what the regular season record means against a team.

Leafs flat out choked that series, you hope they'll be better for it this time around.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
They have dusted us off in the last period of game #7 the past two series. Let's hope they are looking past us. Our best players need to walk the walk this year. Their best players have.

See, maybe that's the problem, maybe they're in your head. Who cares about the series 6 years ago, our roster is 90% different.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
How many were in the first two games? We’ve gotten older, added Tavares and Muzzin, we will have Kadri the entire series. I say bring it on.

ahhh, what does

"how many were in the first two games" have to do with it???????????

those 2 games counted less towards a best of 7 or something???

Just look at this seasons PP imbalance , this trending sure looks really really bad

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Some of you need to go cheer for another team. Pathetic losers my God.
The thing that gets me the most about some posts is that most people post without any factual proof and are typically wrong.

Remember when we were the joke of the league and were garbage from 07-15? Ya i do, we overpayed for essentially everything and played garbage hockey.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They barley had an answer for Matthews + Kadri last year (they shut down one line). What about JT + AM + Kadri?

This is exactly what I said last year before we signed JT after losing to the Bruins. Bergeron cannot shutdown both AM and JT. AM and WM were no shows last year. We are the better team on paper but the game is played on the ice.

Reactions: Cobra777

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Believe what you want to believe but I do not think the Bruins are afraid of the Leafs. Now that could change if they do not have an answer for Matthews and JT in game 1. The Bruins' vets are ageing so they need to go for it. I hope they are looking past us.
Obviously the Bruins want to maximize Bergeron/Chara and go after another Cup.

I wouldn’t say they are looking past the Leafs but rather looking at them as 1 obstacle.

So you need to built to play multiple styles and have the depth. No team wins the Cup without being injured.

And I believe we need pieces to match multiple styles as well.
Boston is one obstacle. Who are the other 3?

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
It breaks my heart to have to celebrate with fire breathers who like to bitch about everything and then root and celebrate when they win. Go cheer someone else pls

Reactions: Smif

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
They have dusted us off in the last period of game #7 the past two series. Let's hope they are looking past us. Our best players need to walk the walk this year. Their best players have.
How are you comparing the Leafs team from 2013 to be the same as the Leafs team in 2018?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
ahhh, what does

"how many were in the first two games" have to do with it???????????

those 2 games counted less towards a best of 7 or something???

Just look at this seasons PP imbalance , this trending sure looks really really bad

Because we were badly outplayed, took dumb penalties and looked sloppy the first two games.

Reactions: Cobra777

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Is that a random observation or prompted by something?

Probably about the disrespect Brown is getting. We are too tight against the cap, he makes a little too much, and we are deep on the right wing, and need to shore up our defense...those are the only reasons he should probably be moved. But some people seem to strongly dislike him as a player now and want him moved for the sake of him being moved.

News flash -- Moore has 3 points in his 7 games and looks like an energizer bunny at 24 years. Brown came up and put up 6 points in his first 7 games at 22. It's a shiny new toy thing. Brown does tons of things that are super noticeable each and every game, even offensively...that if he was a new young call up we would e super excited over. Every young player who comes up and makes actual plays looks amazing because you're just half worried that they will come up and look invisible.

Moore looks great but he looks great because he is new. We should want him because of his caphit. People calling him twice the player as Brown are out to lunch.

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
Is the TSN app terrible for everyone? Specifically the radio...drops all the time for me

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This is odd.

Carolina trades Cliff Pu to Florida for Future Considerations.

Florida trades Tomas Jurco to Carolina for Future Considerations.

So they owe each other future considerations lma

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Brown Jake Gardiner prospects for
PK Subban and
One of the Carolina D
3 way deal.
There my prediction.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Obviously the Bruins want to maximize Bergeron/Chara and go after another Cup.

I wouldn’t say they are looking past the Leafs but rather looking at them as 1 obstacle.

So you need to built to play multiple styles and have the depth. No team wins the Cup without being injured.

And I believe we need pieces to match multiple styles as well.
Boston is one obstacle. Who are the other 3?

It is only conjecture that the Bruins are looking past us. We are fixated on the Bruins in round 1. I doubt the Bruins are fixated on us. TB is awaiting the winner but I do not even think that far ahead often. After that it could be Wash or Columbus. Get past them an we are looking at Calgary, Winnipeg or Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad