GDT: Trade Deadline Day Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Every year I complain about the tsn deadline show after it’s done but here i am getting ready to stream it at work.

Please just be tons of trades.
Skip the lamas
Skip the cheesy songs

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Hopefully Boston overpays for for a middling player.

I'm happy if we hold tight or get a good deal on Gudas, Miller or Spurgon.

Columbus is a merry go round lately, so maybe Josh Anderson could be pryed away.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I don’t watch Montour play, but his advanced stats seem pretty bad. His isolated impact from HockeyViz is like Zaitsev levels bad.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Read somewhere about the Leafs possibly making a three way trade between the Flames and Oilers moving Hainsey and Connor Brown for Darnell Nurse. Sounds good to me.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Read somewhere about the Leafs possibly making a three way trade between the Flames and Oilers moving Hainsey and Connor Brown for Darnell Nurse. Sounds good to me.
If only.. Babcock will push to keep Brown and Hainsey because they are one of his favourites.. they are his penalty killers and gud pros

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I'd love Nurse, but he plays the left side and has a expiring contract, he'd be another RFA that would school the Leafs GM. If they make a trade it should be for a player with term, at least that would buy the leafs some time before another over payment.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I think the Leafs should have tried to get Montour. Who knows maybe they did try.

We did not have a comparabke young D like Guhle inour system we coukd have sent back. Closest was Lilly or Sandin which as we know wasn't going to happen.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Listened to Bobby Mac on Leafs Lunch Friday. His take was Sandin is untouchable and Lili is available.

This detail is blurry whether it's Bob's or Craig Buttons take: they believe the Leafs project Lili as a 5-6th defenseman at the moment.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
2nd round picks shouldn't be thrown around for just anyone. Leafs already don't have a 1st.

I hope Dubas keeps ours. Screw getting a guy in our forward corps for a 2nd. It hasn't worked very well.

Imagine this team without Dermott... and were still looking for more d. I know you don't always hit on picks... but you still need to try and refill the cupboard.

The last couple of years for example... Detroit has got what.... 1 1st 2 2nds and 2 3rds... for Tatar and nyquist... I'd never ever pay even close to that for those 2.

I hope Dubas can actually figure out a hockey trade that moves out a player for a player, or recoup some picks.

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Listened to Bobby Mac on Leafs Lunch Friday. His take was Sandin is untouchable and Lili is available.

This detail is blurry whether it's Bob's or Craig Buttons take: they believe the Leafs project Lili as a 5-6th defenseman at the moment.

Craig “Kapanen isn’t an nhler” button thinks one of players will be bottom pair? Well pencil liljegren into top pairs int he future

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Bob said that about Lil? I know Button has in the past.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I don’t watch Montour play, but his advanced stats seem pretty bad. His isolated impact from HockeyViz is like Zaitsev levels bad.

Why else would a team give up on a young RFA RHD with a couple years of control? Try and sell high.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011

Yes Bob believes the Leafs would trade Liligren for the right piece. They will not trade Sandin in a similar deal.

I forget who was speaking about projecting Liligren's future. However I do remember Bob saying something along the lines of Sandin's future is significantly brighter.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

It was Button.

Bob said he thinks Sandin is untouchable and Liljegren is the piece TOR would be willing to use in a bigger deal.

But the overall sentiment is that Sandin, Liljegren and 1st 2020 are all untouchable when it comes to rentals.

Reactions: PlietscherDassel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->