GDT: Trade Deadline Day Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I want Pk Subban or Colin Miller or some bigger upgrade on right shot defenseman.

Subban is a locker room cancer, the guy couldn't spell the phrase "good teammate" if you gave him all the letters in sequence. In PK's world its all about me, all day, all the time. A hard no on him.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Trading for PK Subban would be worth it just to watch the Habs fans reactions. They never have seemed to get over the Weber for Subban trade. Would be priceless.

Reactions: hamzarocks

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
No, but not being the least bit scared?

I think that your reasonings just account for our shortcomings and not any opportunities the Bruins had to compete better.

I think there’s quite a disconnect from reality to suggest we shouldn’t be worried about the Bruins.
I mean sure anything can happen, there wouldn’t be a schock factor. But I definitely don’t fear a one line team, with meddling d.
Not to mention mos progression the last year makes a huge difference IMO

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So, including the two 12:30am deals, we are at 5 deals on the day as of 12:45pm

Which I think is more than we've had a in a couple years :laugh:

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Who is comparing? It is a fact that they beat us the past two series. The Bruins have to be confident that they can beat us. Let's hope they are overconfident.
You were the one saying they have dusted the Leafs in game 7 in the 3rd the past two times. Different teams both times.

Last year I think most people would have agreed that it was a toss up between TOR-BOS. This year, it would look like TOR has the edge.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

A deal of Hayes's calibre usually doesn't come in during the morning, so that's good.

The 3 hours between 12:30-3:30 are the best times of the year for trades other than the draft

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
I don't know how we could ever get Subban to work with the cap, but we'd become pretty close to Tampa for contender status.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

Yeah, this has actually been pretty good compared to past years. It's been exhilarating!

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
They narrowly beat us, Freddy had a bad series he will be better, added Tavares, added muzzin, naz won’t miss 3 games. If not for a collapse in game 7 we win that series and there’s not talk of the bruins.
I didn’t say roll over.
Let's not forget that team that blew a third period lead is now 28-0-0 when leading after 2. Something that was an issue then and they have clearly addressed this year

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So Sportsnet says the Leafs have interest in Kassian potentially. I don't see it. Not a Dubas type of player

TSN just did an Oilers report and Rishaug says they're quiet and it's likely Oilers don't do anything today.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Can we please get a "Proposal FLA-CAR" thread proposing future considerations for future considerations ?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
TSN just did an Oilers report and Rishaug says they're quiet and it's likely Oilers don't do anything today.
Burke just said they should be looking to just move cap....don't worry about the return, just lower your cap.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So Sportsnet says the Leafs have interest in Kassian potentially. I don't see it. Not a Dubas type of player

Ya well the reality is this Dubas type team is dainty. Its a no go no show way to often. They arent even fun to watch, you know who is exciting though? CGY

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Just when I thought I couldn't hate Trudeau any more, I find out he is a Habs fan. If I hear ...we all have to pay just a little bit more, I am going to lose it. Mr. 53.5% of my paycheck going to the pimp daddy in Ottawa,.

Big surprise that the French Canadian PM is a Habs fan, eh? Who did you think he'd be a fan of? The Sens? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Mitchy and Torgo

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Really? save about 1 million, and Kassian adds more to the team than Brown is giving right now.

Idk. I've just never liked Kassian. I don't think he would be overly effective. But I guess at $1 million he is more appealing.

I just don't like the idea of giving BRown up for him of all players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad