GDT: Trade Deadline Day Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
This is odd.

Carolina trades Cliff Pu to Florida for Future Considerations.

Florida trades Tomas Jurco to Carolina for Future Considerations.

So they owe each other future considerations lma

Jurco was on an AHL deal. So this is the deal that had to be done. It was the same thing with the Baptiste-Clark deal yesterday.

It's essentially Jurco for Pu, and likely a way for Carolina to open up a contract spot both now and in the long term. That says something.

Pu has really fallen off a cliff quickly. Pun intended ;)

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
They narrowly beat us, Freddy had a bad series he will be better, added Tavares, added muzzin, naz won’t miss 3 games. If not for a collapse in game 7 we win that series and there’s not talk of the bruins.
I didn’t say roll over.

No, but not being the least bit scared?

I think that your reasonings just account for our shortcomings and not any opportunities the Bruins had to compete better.

I think there’s quite a disconnect from reality to suggest we shouldn’t be worried about the Bruins.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
How are you comparing the Leafs team from 2013 to be the same as the Leafs team in 2018?

Who is comparing? It is a fact that they beat us the past two series. The Bruins have to be confident that they can beat us. Let's hope they are overconfident.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Nothing interesting yet? Dubas is the trader man, lets see some big news!

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Jurco was on an AHL deal. So this is the deal that had to be done. It was the same thing with the Baptiste-Clark deal yesterday.

It's essentially Jurco for Pu, and likely a way for Carolina to open up a contract spot both now and in the long term. That says something.

He would do in a pinch though.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
It is only conjecture that the Bruins are looking past us. We are fixated on the Bruins in round 1. I doubt the Bruins are fixated on us. TB is awaiting the winner but I do not even think that far ahead often. After that it could be Wash or Columbus. Get past them an we are looking at Calgary, Winnipeg or Nashville.

I would assume no NHL team would look past anyone in the playoffs.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Dont mind the PM making an appearance. Harper, Trudeau, we're all hockey fans.

Seriously, I don't get why people care so much about things like this. Don't agree with his politics, who cares. He's obviously on there as a hockey fan.

Couldn't stand Harper's politics myself, but I read his book on hockey and enjoyed it.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
This is odd.

Carolina trades Cliff Pu to Florida for Future Considerations.

Florida trades Tomas Jurco to Carolina for Future Considerations.

So they owe each other future considerations lma

A replacement for Ferland

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Ooooh.

Thought Jurco was an NHL deal.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Jonathan Huberdeau is listed as trade bait by TSN, he would look great on Matthews wing. His defensive game would drive Babcock nuts but he is an elite PP guy and can play with Tavares or Matthews and be a legit 25 to 30 goal scorer with those guys as his center.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It is only conjecture that the Bruins are looking past us. We are fixated on the Bruins in round 1. I doubt the Bruins are fixated on us. TB is awaiting the winner but I do not even think that far ahead often. After that it could be Wash or Columbus. Get past them an we are looking at Calgary, Winnipeg or Nashville.
Exactly.
We still need to prove we can get by the 1st round and some entitlement attitudes need to be checked.

We have a good team but I feel we are still missing some key areas. Boston is going to be a tough 1st round matchup. We will need a full consistent effort possibly doing some things we aren’t comfortable doing to win.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
They have dusted us off in the last period of game #7 the past two series. Let's hope they are looking past us. Our best players need to walk the walk this year. Their best players have.

Last year yeah, however, I'd say 2013 is completely irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad