Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day 2017

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Yep, lets fire Sakic for not caving to the demands of the cry baby GMs using the media as a mouth piece.

I must be reading that wrong, because it does not say anything about his demands being met, and him deciding not to make a trade.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I honestly dont know who you guys have been wtching, but Tyutin has been horrid. No one wanted our trash. Would you give a 7th for the likes of Mitchel or Rene? If I was a scout for another team I would tell them to stay far far away from these guys.

As for Duchene and Landy not being traded. I think it's a good thing. We have 4 top 6 forwards. We can't get rid of one to fix the defense unless we are know for sure it's going to do that.

Dissappointed? Yes, but don't get upset with Sakic for not being able to turn our garabe into a profit.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I understand Bourque and Mitchell suck but how does Tyutin not return a pick.

Matt Duchene should have been traded too. I don't care if there are more suitors at the draft. He's mentally exhausted. He has checked out. Everyone knows he's not going to be here in the future. Sakic is far too passive. Right now is the most let down I have ever been by this franchise.

You don't take a bad deal for Duchene just because he's exhausted. He's checked out, well, that's on him.
Hold off until you get what you want for him -- or at least something palatable.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
I honestly dont know who you guys have been wtching, but Tyutin has been horrid. No one wated our trash. Would you give a 7th for the like of Mitchel or Rene? If i was a scout for another team i would tell them to stay farr far away from these guys.

As for Duchene and Landy not being traded. I think it's a good thing. We have 4 top 6 forwards. We can't get rid of one to fix the defense unless we are know for sure it's going to do that.

Dissappointed? Yes, but don't get upset with Sakic for not being able to turn our garabe into a profit.

You do realize Sakic signed the garbage, right? It's like you people are completely missing that... I don't give a **** that Landy and Dutchy are still here. Set your price and until it's met stand firm.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd love to hear what Joe is going to say if he holds a conference call to discuss deadline day.

Not trading Fedor Tyutin at the very least is a failure. I thought there would be a market for one of Bourque/Mitchell.

It's just unacceptable to walk away with no draft picks in 2017 as the 30th place team.

Not only that, but the room probably remains very, very toxic.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Biggest shock for me is vrbata didnt get moved. Thats a bad job by their gm but he at least makes up for it a bit with the hanzal trade

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Wow. Unless something slipped through the cracks and gets announced in the next couple hours, this deadline was a colossal failure for Sakic. One fourth rounder and a reclamation project acquired. And the most valuable trade chip we had (Tyutin) is still here. Catastrophic.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
About what I expected to read, lots of complaining that Sakic didn't somehow turn our pile of poo into a gold mine.

The fact that he was able to move Iginla was a minor miracle. Martinsen (who is also miserable) on top of that is just gravy.

The fact is we just have too many guys that are just 100% worthless that no one wants. No playoff team wants guys like Mitchell (4pts in 53 games), Tyutin (mister -23 who can't skate), and all the others who can go without naming.

It was absolutely the right call not to trade Duchene or Landeskog. We need to see what pick we land in the draft before any hasty core player trades are made. Thus we can see what kind of player we are adding before moving on from any of the current guys.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Borque and Mitchell getting traded might have been as far fetched as Duchene and/or Landeskog going. But not being able to move at least one of Tyutin, Weircoch, or Grigo for any pics is downright pathetic. Especially for a team this bad with so little coming down the pike.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

I can 100% blame Sakic for not being able to move the terrible assets that HE HIMSELF has assembled.

He needs to hand in his keys. He is done as GM.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I honestly dont know who you guys have been wtching, but Tyutin has been horrid.

Fedor Tyutin has been better than Beauchemin, Wiercioch, Goloubef, and Gelinas.

Is that saying much? Probably not. But whenever I watch him, I'm not utterly maddened that he's on the ice. I am when the aforementioned players are.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
You do realize Sakic signed the garbage, right? It's like you people are completely missing that... I don't give a **** that Landy and Dutchy are still here. Set your price and until it's met stand firm.

Did you miss the past half a year? All the good moves were Sakic. All the bad moves were "Roy influenced"..

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Wow. Unless something slipped through the cracks and gets announced in the next couple hours, this deadline was a colossal failure for Sakic. One fourth rounder and a reclamation project acquired. And the most valuable trade chip we had (Tyutin) is still here. Catastrophic.

a 4th we won't even be getting.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
I think the 50 or so avs fan at their next home game need to start a we want Roy chant

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

So why didn't Kulikov move then?

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Never have I been more disappointed in this franchise this year since becoming a fan of the team in 1998.

Just please, let this be the bottom of the bottom. It can't possibly get worse than this, can it ?

We're the laughing stock of the NHL and we're worse than the Oilers ever were during their 10 years of epic failure.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
A very weird deadline.

No big moves from anyone. Lots of teams have held onto UFAs that seemed to have value.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Duchene and Landy are still here so I would say it's been a good day. In all honesty I am satisfied that they gave Iggy one last chance.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
About what I expected to read, lots of complaining that Sakic didn't somehow turn our pile of poo into a gold mine.

The fact that he was able to move Iginla was a minor miracle. Martinsen (who is also miserable) on top of that is just gravy.

The fact is we just have too many guys that are just 100% worthless that no one wants. No playoff team wants guys like Mitchell (4pts in 53 games), Tyutin (mister -23 who can't skate), and all the others who can go without naming.

It was absolutely the right call not to trade Duchene or Landeskog. We need to see what pick we land in the draft before any hasty core player trades are made. Thus we can see what kind of player we are adding before moving on from any of the current guys.

Highly-polished-turd.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad