Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day 2017

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I just expected one player moved, so Martinsen is bonus. People don't want our junk. We don't want our junk.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol man, Duthie, just shut up.

The guy is using the Taylor Hall trade as a rationale and saying "well, could they REALLY expect more than a 3/4 defensemen for Matt Duchene?"

For once, I actually like Ray Ferraro today. First he puts O'Neill in his place regarding Matthews and then wonders why Duthie is questioning not trading Duchene when he can easily wait until the draft

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Positives: Sakic didn't do anything stupid.

Negatives: Sakic didn't do much at all.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not acquiring a single pick and being stuck with most of the scrubs is a massive failure.

I don't expect this organization to take Tyutin, Mitchell, Bourque, etc out of the lineup either. Ugh.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah not really surprised by this at all. We're the worst team in the expansion era, why would teams want the worst players on the worst team?

I'm sure the floodgates will open with Avs fans now and the pitchforks ready for Sakic because we only made two trades at the end of the day. Those fans who simply dont understand the game very well.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not getting anything for Bourque or Tyutin is a blown deal IMO. Sakic should have been able to get something for them.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs are lucky to even get rid of Martinsen and Iginla, I didn't think any team would want to pick up any of the Avs garbage.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So... can we all start to agree that Sakic is too passive?

I think it's plain as day to see that he is way, way too passive.

I at the very least expected Fedor Tyutin to be traded. Not just because teams need defensive depth but also because he hasn't been half bad this season.

This is a very, very poor showing today from Sakic.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I think I'm done for the year. There's nothing left to see in the last 20 games other than the same old names doing the same old tired routine.

Legitimately not sure why half this roster is still here after today. Joe Nieuwendyk didn't last this long as GM, if Sakic is back next year I don't think I'll be watching then either.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I 100% expected Iginla to be traded - not surprised there.

Didn't expect Martinsen to be traded, so that's gravy.

However, I expected both Tyutin and Bourque. Especially Tyutin, but I had hopes for Bourque too especially because IIRC it was either McKenzie or Friedman who said that there's been some interest in Bourque a few weeks back (think it was Friedman).

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
On the bright side, we get another few months of trade speculation for Duchene and Landeskog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad