Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day 2017

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Seriously, what kind of season triggers a full rebuild if not this one? Look at the the team you have! They are a nightmare!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think it's plain as day to see that he is way, way too passive.

I at the very least expected Fedor Tyutin to be traded. Not just because teams need defensive depth but also because he hasn't been half bad this season.

This is a very, very poor showing today from Sakic.

He probably didn't trade him because he wanted to keep him.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Sakic is horrendous. So glad he didnt want roy making personnel decisions. At least roy had a pair to make some moves

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I think I'm done for the year. There's nothing left to see in the last 20 games other than the same old names doing the same old tired routine.

Legitimately not sure why half this roster is still here after today. Joe Nieuwendyk didn't last this long as GM, if Sakic is back next year I don't think I'll be watching then either.

I haven't watched a game in a about a month, won't be either.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
In saying all this, I don't think I'll even bother to watch a single game the rest of the season.

I'm going to bet that none of Compher, Greer, Bigras, etc are recalled. Iginla being moved means Soderberg comes back into the lineup, and Andrighetto just replaces Martinsen.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Well got rid of 2 scrubs I guess. Kind of an underwhelming day, I really expected Tyutin and Bourque to go but I guess no one wanted our garbage. I guess we get to enjoy another 4 months of core trade arguing

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I understand Bourque and Mitchell suck but how does Tyutin not return a pick.

Matt Duchene should have been traded too. I don't care if there are more suitors at the draft. He's mentally exhausted. He has checked out. Everyone knows he's not going to be here in the future. Sakic is far too passive. Right now is the most let down I have ever been by this franchise.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
The people defending Sakic...You realize it was Sakic who got us these players he cannot even trade for lower picks right? We're a joke. Management, to coach, to players. There's no silver lining here. Embrace it and move on to the draft.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Sakic needs to step down after a season like this. You've got a star player that wants to leave, another one that could well head that way if he keeps getting dangled out there. Our crap is still here, and you can bet your ***** Bednar will play the crap out of the vets for whatever reason.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The next blow will be no call ups and that slug Soderberg coming back in for Iginla.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
What's sad is that we now to wait about 4 months for something exciting.

And then we go into the off season. 7.5 months before we see meaningful hockey again.

With draft lottery, 2 days of draft, and a couple of UFA days. 1 weeks worth of fun in the next 7.5 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad