NHL Trade Deadline - April 12th at 3 PM. ET -TSN/ESPN+ 8 AM, NHLN 10 AM, ESPN2 2 PM, NESN+ 2:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I have no problem at all with what the TBL did. There are set rules in place, and TB followed them. GM's are paid to figure out how to build the best team they can within the rules. That is what BriseBois has been doing since he has been GM, and to a good extent in his role before becoming GM. Did he overpay if those trades are taken in a vacuum? Yep. Did he overpay if one looks at the big picture and TB's desire to strike while the iron is hot in relation to going for a Cup? Nope. GMs such as BriseBois, Lou, and Sakic are making solid moves to add depth and plug holes for a legit Cup run, as well as maintaining their team's chances of remaining competitive in the future. That's what elite GMs do.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
IMO I'd agree with you most nights, but against a Caps team that can score...I think it's gonna be painful.

I'm already iffy seeing Ahcan in....and now we have Clifton in top 4? Ugh

Kempfer is gonna play full 2mins on the PP.

Time to acquire another vet. Dman

I think Swayman has put a little pressure on Vlad so I expect a great performance today. Kempfer will be an upgrade over DK on the power play.

The D men will be up for the challenge but what has been the case with this sorry group of forwards can we get ANYONE else other than the first like to make ANY impact on the game?

member 96824

I really don't care either way, it's really within the rules. Just seems kinda silly doing these transactional gymnastics to legally circumvent a cap which the league insists it's trying to protect.

Whatever they do, a team will exploit it. It's a flawed system, which I don't know a better option to replace it, so it is what it is.

Like I said, I have no problem with any teams using it, just kinda laughable when the league cries cap circumvention on one thing but not another. They've punished teams for other things that "break the spirit of the salary cap" or some other wordage like that. Just amusing, that's all.

Sure of course, any system will be exploited though. What’s the alternative? Teams with injuries have to play a man down and can’t replace players? I think you and I both know why the salary cap integrity police are writing citations today.

I always hate hypothetical outrage..the “if it was Y so and so would be screaming!” But in this case, we’ve actually been cheering on this type of stuff for years and years. I mean people on this board know and cheer Evan Gold’s name for his ability to manipulate the cap in a way that’s beneficial to the home team.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Sure of course, any system will be exploited though. What’s the alternative? Teams with injuries have to play a man down and can’t replace players? I think you and I both know why the salary cap integrity police are writing citations today.

I always hate hypothetical outrage..the “if it was Y so and so would be screaming!” But in this case, we’ve actually been cheering on this type of stuff for years and years. I mean people on this board know and cheer Evan Gold’s name for his ability to manipulate the cap in a way that’s beneficial to the home team.
Bruins biggest problem is they've backed the wrong guys to invest cap space in year in year out. While evening it out having a first line well underpaid for several years. To think if they'd actually made good personnel choices instead of consistently paying draft picks for players to play somewhere else.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX

This is why you want to be all in

Just a tweak and Cup favorites

That D...

tenor.gif

Kulikov and or Merril plz...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Starting to think the plan is to (and I hate using this term) reevaluate end of the season, and maybe add some rentals now that don't cost as much.

They have to make a decision on Rask.. Carlo needs a new deal....do they want ti give it to him or deal him? DeBrusk...if he has value he's gone...Have their high draft picks in case they can nab an Ekholm or Garland....Decide on Krejci....five years ago he said 2021 was his last NA season, do they try to give RNH a big deal? McAvoy and Bergeron need an extensions. Throw the expansion draft on top of that.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Forbes values TBL at #21 of 31 teams. Bruins being #5.
People are different.

I buy a jersey because I’m a fan, and I feel something about the number and the logo. I don’t consider whether it’s a wise investment that will pay off.

IMO Jacobs wants to win, but doesn’t have to win. Doesn’t need to win. Doesn’t bleed to win.

Bruins are an awesome investment. Regardless of COVID, the franchise is worth hundreds of millions of dollars more than Jacobs invested.

He ain’t selling and as long as he has team it’ll be bottom line AND results. I assume most if not all owners are same, but generally results mean a bit more to them than dollars.

Some owners will say do whatever it takes. Others won’t.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
ESPN2 will be showing TSN Tradecentre starting at 2PM

And ESPN+ will be showing TSN Tradecentre starting at 8am

For the USA Folks who wanna watch TSN

....And in typical NESN fashion their TDL coverage starts at 2:30 pm tomorrow.
Never change NESN, never change!:mad:

Reactions: BMC

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
People are different.

I buy a jersey because I’m a fan, and I feel something about the number and the logo. I don’t consider whether it’s a wise investment that will pay off.

IMO Jacobs wants to win, but doesn’t have to win. Doesn’t need to win. Doesn’t bleed to win.

Bruins are an awesome investment. Regardless of COVID, the franchise is worth hundreds of millions of dollars more than Jacobs invested.

He ain’t selling and as long as he has team it’ll be bottom line AND results. I assume most if not all owners are same, but generally results mean a bit more to them than dollars.

Some owners will say do whatever it takes. Others won’t.
Right but that’s a choice by the owner not an inability.

Reactions: Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Hopefully most of the trade rumors do not come true. Plenty of them are just band aids.
Only guy I'm interested in is Rakell.
I'm there with you on the just say no to band aids. The only way 1st and 2nd round picks need to be traded away right now are for a high quality player and/or a player who figures into future plans for the Bs. I also have no issue trading away some roster guys who do not figure into the future, and can open some cap room and/or bring back some draft picks. I am hoping DS is active at the deadline in both areas. My goal would be to put this team in an A+ position to make a Cup run over the next couple years after this season is done. That can be largely done over the summer as long as there is cap space and quality assets that can be used in possible trades.

Reactions: nORRis8

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Right but that’s a choice by the owner not an inability.
No question. I wish it were not so. Just lived with Jacobs long enough to know what to expect. Better than it used to be, but generally it is what it is and what it will be, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad