NHL Trade Deadline - April 12th at 3 PM. ET -TSN/ESPN+ 8 AM, NHLN 10 AM, ESPN2 2 PM, NESN+ 2:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
hopefully, the servers will be able to adjust/adapt to the overload that surrounds these threads so we don't have the board go offline for an unknown lengrh of time

Reactions: bbfan419

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Assuming the Rangers don't slide into the 4th spot, the B's are a 1st round oust and Sweeney knows it. This is not a team that's missing 1-2 pieces to make a run.

Take it on the chin, stand pat and keep what little prospects we have and start playing them...it's time for an engine rebuild, not a tune up. A rebuild can be tough during a 3-4 year stretch but it's focused on being competitive for a number of years after that.

In a regular season with gate and concession revenues, I could see Sweeney pulling a couple of moves in hopes of competing given the revenue upside, but there's not much incentive in a pandemic season with 2,000 fans in the stands.

Doing nothing is the worst they could do.
Either add or sell.

They need to rebuild the forward group at some point

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
hopefully, the servers will be able to adjust/adapt to the overload that surrounds these threads so we don't have the board go offline for an unknown lengrh of time
images (5).jpeg

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Either add or sell.

You're correct. I've been saying in other threads over the past week they need to sell the likes of Krejci, Halak, Ritchie, in hopes of securing a couple of 2nd/3rds.

You never know, assuming they stick in the 4th spot, it could be a good experience for some of the young guys who would step in during the playoffs.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Estlin

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Either add or sell.

Would prefer them to be sellers but won’t happen. They won’t rebuild the forward group through the draft with Sweeney. Only hope is through trading expiring core for forward prospects or swapping some of your prospects on defense for forward prospects.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

you and me both.
We’ll see I guess. The issue is and has always been literally thousands of posters attempting to “ be first” when a transaction occurs. I never understood it. Human nature I guess.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Assuming the Rangers don't slide into the 4th spot, the B's are a 1st round oust and Sweeney knows it. This is not a team that's missing 1-2 pieces to make a run.

Take it on the chin, stand pat and keep what little prospects we have and start playing them...it's time for an engine rebuild, not a tune up. A rebuild can be tough during a 3-4 year stretch but it's focused on being competitive for a number of years after that.

In a regular season with gate and concession revenues, I could see Sweeney pulling a couple of moves in hopes of competing given the revenue upside, but there's not much incentive in a pandemic season with 2,000 fans in the stands.
I don’t agree with this.. This reasoning doesn’t make sense. If Washington wins the division the bruins have played them tough, plus I don’t trust the Caps goaltending regardless what they do tonight. That’s barring any deal they make I could change on that. The Islanders scare me but not because of the trades they made it’s the system they play.

When McAvoy , Carlo, Rask come back they have an ok chance. If Jacobs wants to sit on his wallet he can do that next year when the bruins will be under the cap even more. So Sweeney knows they won’t get out of the first rd but doesn’t know they need another top six forward. I’m not worried how much money JJ lost . With all that’s lost during this a couple more months won’t matter.

You add or subtract. No middle ground. If you don’t move picks or prospects you won’t get what you really need your hoping at best. It’s a tough choice but no middle ground.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Either add or sell.

agree. I just can't see them selling while in a current playoff spot. Would rather they go big, if not standing pat has to be the FO play.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
So NHL. Network says Friday and Kyps Corner the Bruins are doing an amazing job hanging in there and winning ravaged on defense and goal but Sweeney Is on hot seat here, Twitter and Felger & Mazz

lol
Absolutely, but that is in large part due to Cassidy’s system and goalies (Tuukka and Jaro keeping us in it early days of season, and excellent goalie drafting).

Some but certainly not all Sweeney has done is helping us hang on. But secondary scoring is, as usual, sub par.

Sweeney is not brutal as some suggest. But let’s please not act that he’s flawless or without blame for some of our obvious issues.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
@Over the volcano Yes Sweeney makes moves, but he goes cheap bargaining.

Have we not have the top6 issue going back to the day he got the job?
This isn’t a team that’s depth player away from challenging Tampa or Colorado.
This is a quality player or 2 away from it.

We are pretty much looking at as Hall as the last option right now for offense, addition who could be good enough to make a difference.
Then you need to add more on top of it.

But completely expecting Sweeney to land another 3rd liner on the cheap hoping him to turn into top6 player all of a sudden.

The clock is ticking pretty fast with the golden core
He’s done nothing to fill the top six despite getting two of their top six wings this time last year?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Absolutely, but that is in large part due to Cassidy’s system and goalies (Tuukka and Jaro keeping us in it early days of season, and excellent goalie drafting).

Some but certainly not all Sweeney has done is helping us hang on. But secondary scoring is, as usual, sub par.

Sweeney is not brutal as some suggest. But let’s please not act that he’s flawless or without blame for some of our obvious issues.
Those dummy ex coaches and players were giving ‘Donny’ (not Don) Sweeney credit

idiots

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Those dummy ex coaches and players were giving ‘Donny’ (not Don) Sweeney credit

idiots
I’m just suggesting there is a balance, here.

This team is hanging on this season but the future is clearly not bright as things stand. And let’s not pretend that Sweeney does not own at least some of responsibility for that. And I’m talking about responsibility, not blame.

HF gets too polarized sometimes between blame and idolatry. Always one or the other. But that ain’t how life or business works.

member 96824

Can’t wait for the boards to crash because the leafs traded a 5th for Derek Ryan on deadline day :laugh:

It won’t even be the leaf fans that crash it though, I suspect a traffic jam in the the pearl clutching price warriors lane. A mad rush to the site to spread the wisdom and inform us that they would have acquired Ryan for a 6th, but a 5th was too much and they’re glad the Bruins didn’t do it.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Would prefer them to be sellers but won’t happen. They won’t rebuild the forward group through the draft with Sweeney. Only hope is through trading expiring core for forward prospects or swapping some of your prospects on defense for forward prospects.

Over the last few drafts, they've cornered the market on d-men, so hopefully they will be in a position to deal from strength for a couple of forward prospects in return...if Sweeney ever decides he wants let go of his young d-men

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m just suggesting there is a balance, here.

This team is hanging on this season but the future is clearly not bright as things stand. And let’s not pretend that Sweeney does not own at least some of responsibility for that. And I’m talking about responsibility, not blame.

HF gets too polarized sometimes between blame and idolatry. Always one or the other. But that ain’t how life or business works.
Bruins win 4 of 5 road games with bottom 6 and Providence D and goalies and 5 of first 12 posts want Sweeney fired

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1